Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All thse who SHED A TEAR today say...... AYYYYYE!!!

AYYYYBsolutely - several tears shed during the flags and it fair distracted me from Gully's Girls doing their dance.

I thought about putting on my sunglasses but then felt it was perfectly alright to be emotional without having to hide it.
The blood ran hot across my chest too - it was like pumping chili through my veins.

Wow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2:50ish. The flags, the singing, the big screen montage - I just lost it. I'd been to both games before today and truly believed I'd finished "the journey". I clearly hadn't.

I sobbed my heart out. We were here in a proper home after so long.

What a day.

I felt the same. I thought I had got rid of the emotional stuff last week but seeing every block in every stand waving their flags just set me off again.
When Buckley scored the winner I had a few tears again. What an incredible day, what an incredible team and what an incredible manager.

silvijanus

Aug 6, 2011
Welcome. Stick with us, it's an exciting ride!

Thanks. I could follow you from now on. I'm fan of Hajduk (played vs. Stoke City 2 days ago), but I like english football, big fan... and lots of time spent playing lower leagues on FM hehe
Don't have any favorites in championship, it could be Brighton from now on. Like your spirit,flags, and new ground is looking nice.
Commentator sad your goal is to get promoted to premiership in 1 year, is that true? Don't want to spoil your great day, but not sure this team is good enough for promotion.
Anyway, best of luck on that way..

Stumpy Tim

2:50ish. The flags, the singing, the big screen montage - I just lost it. I'd been to both games before today and truly believed I'd finished "the journey". I clearly hadn't.

What a day.

And where were you after the game DARREN? We waited for you at the North Stand bar and you let us down

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
another-me too

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
In 40 years of watching the Albion I have never seen such a sight as those flags just before kick off.

Amazing.

TB

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I was surprised at when I welled up today. It was seeing a train rammed with Albion fans pulling into Hove Station at 1245. It felt just like the glory days of the late 70s and early 80s and there were so many times over the past 14 years (and longer) that I never thought I'd feel that again.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
My first visit today..... Walked up from the concourse to the pitch and cried salt tears of joy just taking in the stadium.
The flag waving scenes were too marvellous to take and I cried again.
After Buckley's winner I was laughing and crying at the same time.
Deep Joy Overload.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
Thanks. I could follow you from now on. I'm fan of Hajduk (played vs. Stoke City 2 days ago), but I like english football, big fan... and lots of time spent playing lower leagues on FM hehe
Don't have any favorites in championship, it could be Brighton from now on. Like your spirit,flags, and new ground is looking nice.
Commentator sad your goal is to get promoted to premiership in 1 year, is that true? Don't want to spoil your great day, but not sure this team is good enough for promotion.
Anyway, best of luck on that way..
do not listen to them, our goal is where we are now, new home, and playing in the championship, surely our goal is to get a feel for this league and stay up. then next season we will be pushing....who knows, we may just sneak into te playoffs....lets wait and see

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I started crying when I read the bit about Gary Williams at The Goldstone in the program but when the game started I went into combat mode. Great day, great company, great club and a great result - in the end!

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Football Focus choked me up at lunchtime with Des explaining our history, then the gradual ramping up of the pre-match atmosphere rising to the crescendo of flags really got to me...no tears throughout though! But to my right with the flags in full flow wifey was blubbing like a baby and couldn't stop, and to my left my mum and dad were similar with the winner. Softies! I don't think I'll ever forget today.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

What a day.

This with knobs on. I went to the Spurs game to get my emotions out of the way. I did my crying that day - or so I thought. Welled up 3 or 4 times today, but as others have said, the flag waving display really got me, and indiscriminate hugging of anyone within reach when we scored the winner. Brilliant, brilliant day - possibly my best ever as an Albion fan

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
2:50ish. The flags, the singing, the big screen montage - I just lost it.
Yep, it was the combination of those 3 things. All got a bit too much for me.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I think it must have been the grass on our fine pitch setting my hayfever off. Oh, all right then. AYYYYYE!

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
When that second goal went in, I had tears in my eyes, loved every minute of it.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Got into the East stand and just before walking out to the pitch I read the 'my little piece of goldstone ground' passage on the wall, walked out, saw 20,000 brighton fans waving all those flags and it just overcame me entirely, shoved my sunglasses on and the tears streamed on down my face haha, manned up by kickoff and was fine after that, what a day!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
When I walked out of East Stand E1 into the stand and saw the West Stand, heard the noise, and the flags... love is not a big enough word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here