Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All thse who SHED A TEAR today say...... AYYYYYE!!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As it happens...aye. I sort of felt on the verge of tears at several points during the day but the final whistle just did it for me. The happiest I have felt at an Albion match since Hereford.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
AYYYYYYE!! - the flag display got me - what a superb sight that was.

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
did you feel the need to let a tear go, i don't blame you if you did....i was watching live link and felt it....AYYYYEE!!!!

I Shed a tear today. I lost my father of 59yrs old in January to the Evil cancer, We would go to the game together every week, he was a STH for atleast 25yrs but so cruelly he wasnt able to hang in there long enough to see us in our Superb Stadium. He would have been so proud of us 2day.

Im sure all our loved ones who have passed, Were there with us all.

Such a Great day and a Great Team!!!! :bhasign::clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Welled up a little, but managed to tough it out.
The flags looked fantastic.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
A tear listening to Road to Falmer this morning before setting off and another in the East Concourse watching the family groups. But once out to my seat there was sheer bullish emotion.

Stumpy Tim

I'm not the emotional type, but I walked to the seats and all the flags were waving. I let go and for 5-10 minutes couldn't stop. Really surprised me, and I can't put my finger on what it was. I think it was the lost generations of kids who were seeing a proper home match for the first time.. Don't know. Just a marvelous occasion.

And much better to win as we did rather than a 4-0. It's going to extend the honeymoon period for the new fans

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Flags again.

Seen Albion at many a big ground over the last few years but always as part of a noisey away section nad having to compete for noise whilst heavilly outnumbered. Today was really strange that, apart from the Donny contingent, it was all 'ours' and everybody was up to party.

Also, when their players were injured and the long delays, that's when the flags came out and I think really lifted the team.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I did on the pre game video memories of last season

But the highlight of my day was turning to my 8 year old after Buckley equalised and i saw him crying with joy, that did set me off !

Great Great Day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2:50ish. The flags, the singing, the big screen montage - I just lost it. I'd been to both games before today and truly believed I'd finished "the journey". I clearly hadn't.

I sobbed my heart out. We were here in a proper home after so long.

What a day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2:50ish. The flags, the singing, the big screen montage - I just lost it. I'd been to both games before today and truly believed I'd finished "the journey". I clearly hadn't.

I sobbed my heart out. We were here in a proper home after so long.

What a day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I kissed my first steward today...

silvijanus

Aug 6, 2011
I have just a little moist in my eyes just by reading your posts on this thread. And I'm not even a Brighton fan :-D
Watched the game today on TV in my country (croatia). Nice new stadium, we cheered for you to turn it around...and Buckley did! Great day for you, enjoy it :))

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Yep - let it go at about 2:50. Brighton are back, Brighton are back, whoa, whoa. Eyes welling again as I type. I f***ing love my club. My ears were hurting from the atmosphere. "We are Brighton, and we have an idendity".

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I have just a little moist in my eyes just by reading your posts on this thread. And I'm not even a Brighton fan :-D
Watched the game today on TV in my country (croatia). Nice new stadium, we cheered for you to turn it around...and Buckley did! Great day for you, enjoy it :))

Welcome. Stick with us, it's an exciting ride!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here