Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All things about Gus Poyet - former Brighton and Hove Albion Manager

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He's being shown up for what he really is ... a prima-donna type looking for quick glory and unwilling to put the time into a project in order to get results. If he does walk from Sunderland I doubt he will get another job because of a) attitude, and b) results.

Good riddance.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's being shown up for what he really is ... a prima-donna type looking for quick glory and unwilling to put the time into a project in order to get results. If he does walk from Sunderland I doubt he will get another job because of a) attitude, and b) results.

Good riddance.

What a total load of bollox. Have you forgotten the first three a d a half years he put in here, or has that now been airbrushed from our history. Up until the end he had us playing some sublime football, and even your fixation on how much of a tw@Gus is can't change that

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a total load of bollox. Have you forgotten the first three a d a half years he put in here, or has that now been airbrushed from our history. Up until the end he had us playing some sublime football, and even your fixation on how much of a tw@Gus is can't change that

No, I haven't forgotten. However the "new" Gus Poyet is just too big for his boots.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If Sunderland sack Gus, it would make him the 6th manager sacked in 6 years by Sunderland. I'm surprised their fans are so supportive of a board that does that.

Gus is behaving like a spoilt kid (nothing new there then) but have to agree with the above too.

Since Niall Quinnn left, the whole club has gone backwards.

Lots of expensive players on long contracts too.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You think Gus would learn from his mistakes, but oh no not that jumped up egotistical Clown.... A chairman will always take a chance on him, I can see him at Fulham or Swansea.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Been keeping an eye at the goings on up at the stadium of light.

Déjàvu if I've ever seen it is right here....ps sorry if fixtures

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/poyet-press-conference.905781/

???

**** me we've appointed the ****ing Riddler. Hoo, Gus, do you want to be here or not for ****s sake, make your position clear then if you leave we know whether you were pushed or not. "Do you think your future lies with Sunderland, Gus?" "Well, you see, I have 2 hands and a face but no arms, what am I? The moon it shivers in the depths of the lake". **** off man.

:lol::lol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, I haven't forgotten. However the "new" Gus Poyet is just too big for his boots.

And it no longer matters to us, cos he is no longer our manager, so if the Mackems sack him or decide to give him the freedom of the city, it has no impact on us whatsoever

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I haven't forgotten that nor have I forgotten what that egocentric ******* did to our club in the end.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

That works both ways. He was quick enough to forget his first three and a half years here, and shite on the man who launched his management career and gave him his chance. Poyet was a very lucky man to take charge of this club at the time he did, with everything that was going on and a man like Bloom signing as many cheques as he asked for......Then he began to believe his own press. Poyet is a one trick pony, I reckon he will get one more good job and then just fade away off the management scene and stick to telling others how it should be done, instead of being found out and blaming everyone else for his own failings.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not convinced he's reached the ceiling yet at Sunderland, unless by ceiling he actually meant trapdoor.

Oh well, never mind, I'm sure Abramovitch has his number on speed dial.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That works both ways. He was quick enough to forget his first three and a half years here, and shite on the man who launched his management career and gave him his chance. Poyet was a very lucky man to take charge of this club at the time he did, with everything that was going on and a man like Bloom signing as many cheques as he asked for......Then he began to believe his own press. Poyet is a one trick pony, I reckon he will get one more good job and then just fade away off the management scene and stick to telling others how it should be done, instead of being found out and blaming everyone else for his own failings.

My whole point is, it doesn't matter to us anymore, he isnt our problem now. We had what may turn out to be the best of him, and for that ,i for one am grateful. He made me enjoy my football again, and like most on here , I have no certainty of what went on behind the scenes at the end, so, I can't condemn the man and get all self righteous without any real evidence, bearing in mind the club have never made a statement of the facts, and I won't hang him on the conjecture of others

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have no certainty of what went on behind the scenes at the end, so, I can't condemn the man and get all self righteous without any real evidence, bearing in mind the club have never made a statement of the facts, and I won't hang him on the conjecture of others

Enough has been reported, said by TB, and pieced together to allow all of us a very good idea what the happened

Yes he oversaw a period in which the club was extremely successful but I guess it depends on the individual the degree to which that was all undone by some of his behaviour, particularly in the last 2/3 months

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It seems that we had some good times under Gus.
It seems that he was seriously disinterested during our play-off second leg.
It seems that those of us that became dubious of his character were not being too harsh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here