Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
and the last Brighton player to sell for anywhere near even 10 million was.....? Avoiding the question ?

As you're banging on about 10. 1 win in 10 isn't it petal x

If Jordan hadn't pumped his £ into your academy would your tinpot outfit still have gone bust?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
sorry, if you would like to post again in English I will do my best to understand you

Ok then, sorry, forgot you needed it in KS1 english.

We have sold the same number of players for £8+ million as the amount of times we have gone bankrupt and left our creditors with debts they will never recover. That amount, of course, is zero times. You forget how easy it is to owe millions and then suddenly not owe millions but still keep your assets.

When our acadamy is built we will be able to produce players that, in 10 years time, could sell for in excess of those amounts, but of course we will have loyal players who want to succeed with us in the premiership rather than take a quick buck to sit on the bench (for cup matches) and pray they will be given enough appearances to earn themselves a medal.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Ok then, sorry, forgot you needed it in KS1 english.

We have sold the same number of players for £8+ million as the amount of times we have gone bankrupt and left our creditors with debts they will never recover. That amount, of course, is zero times. You forget how easy it is to owe millions and then suddenly not owe millions but still keep your assets.

When our acadamy is built we will be able to produce players that, in 10 years time, could sell for in excess of those amounts, but of course we will have loyal players who want to succeed with us in the premiership rather than take a quick buck to sit on the bench (for cup matches) and pray they will be given enough appearances to earn themselves a medal.

so never happened then??
no such thing as loyal players anywhere, they are after the cash
Didnt you lot almost go out of business a few years ago?
when your academy is built..good luck with that, but you still wont have LOYAL players
are you saying that if someone offered you 8 times your salary (if you have a salary) you wouldnt take the offer?? Dont think so.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
As you're banging on about 10. 1 win in 10 isn't it petal x

If Jordan hadn't pumped his £ into your academy would your tinpot outfit still have gone bust?

yeah 1 in 10 and still above you boy...
still avoiding the question though..who was the last............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
and the last Brighton player to sell for anywhere near even 10 million was.....? Avoiding the question ?

Not avoiding the question at all. It's simply irrelevant. Zaha is a player with excellent potential. He was sold for a fee palace can be very pleased at. Many people here for whatever reason don't think he is worth the price. That is also immaterial as man u clearly rate him highly. What has that got to do with how much we sold a player for? In around 1980 we sold Mark Lawrenson for 900000. I wonder what price he would fetch in these inflated times. Do you consider Zaha to be a world class player. Lawrenson certainly was.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Not avoiding the question at all. It's simply irrelevant. Zaha is a player with excellent potential. He was sold for a fee palace can be very pleased at. Many people here for whatever reason don't think he is worth the price. That is also immaterial as man u clearly rate him highly. What has that got to do with how much we sold a player for? In around 1980 we sold Mark Lawrenson for 900000. I wonder what price he would fetch in these inflated times. Do you consider Zaha to be a world class player. Lawrenson certainly was.

No I dont think he is world class, neither was Lawrenson.. Man U obviously think he is worth the money and thats all that matters

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Erm, yes, but all of our assets were sold hence why we spent 14 years recovering rather than the way you did it where so many creditors lost out, don't you feel soiled because of it?

not at all, if you check the facts you will find that we were put into administration by an aggresive hedge fund company called Agilo over 4 million pounds. You guys like to spin it so that WE decided to go into admin just to avoid paying bills, not the case. Plenty of people lose more than that, 8 million rings a bell...oh yeah.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
8 million this year, 8 million next year?

Bless, new shirt sponsorship will will at least halve that in the summer. 8000 more seats going in will help too. Just spent around £2m on a striker and allegedly offering £2m-£3m on a cb, that's half of this years £8m too.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Bless, new shirt sponsorship will will at least halve that in the summer. 8000 more seats going in will help too. Just spent around £2m on a striker and allegedly offering £2m-£3m on a cb, that's half of this years £8m too.

hope it works out for you then, just need a decent manager and you will be ok

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No I dont think he is world class, neither was Lawrenson.. Man U obviously think he is worth the money and thats all that matters

Fair enough. Although I seem to recall that Lawrenson and Hansen were widely regarded as the best central defenders in the world. Liverpool were certainly the best club team in terms of success at the time. In my view that makes him world class.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Fair enough. Although I seem to recall that Lawrenson and Hansen were widely regarded as the best central defenders in the world. Liverpool were certainly the best club team in terms of success at the time. In my view that makes him world class.

if you say so..guess we will just have to agree to disagree.. Surely Bridcutt is world class, Gus seems to think so, maybe he will be your 10 million pound player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here