Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Jimmy Grimble

Well one to the mod who cleaned all this shit up :thumbsup:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Attendances are a big deal. They are the lifeblood of the club. If nobody came, the club finishes. If 30k come, then the club earns money to buy players to get higher up the leagues. No one here is saying we'll finish higher because we have better attendances, but if you think it doesn't matter, you're mistaken.

Of course. That doesn't need pointing out, none of us have said otherwise. The reason people are taking the piss is because CPFC2010 said Zaha would not be sold in January.

You suggested that if they wanted a player, they'd get him, but it's not that straight-forward. Norwich tried to buy CMS in the summer, and their bid was rejected.

oh attendances matter alright, blimey you lost 8 million with HUGE crowds, how much worse could it have been. Maybe someone should have a word with Major as he thinks attendances are the 'be all and end all'
CPFC2010 said he would still be playing for us until the summer, AND HE WILL BE! Deal is final in JULY 2013
Stick by it mate, if they want a player they will get him, obviously decided CMS wasnt worth as much as you think. (but the window is open til 31st so dont count your chickens just yet)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So we get a £20million England international wage free. Simple really.
Have they said the loan is wage free? That would be odd.

oh attendances matter alright, blimey you lost 8 million with HUGE crowds
But we don't know the details of that figure yet, it could include all sorts of things, like the cost of applying for the new training facilities etc.

CPFC2010 said he would still be playing for us until the summer
They also said he would not be sold.
Stick by it mate, if they want a player they will get him, obviously decided CMS wasnt worth as much as you think.
No, they offered £3m, and I have never suggested I thought he was worth more.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I don't get all the United fans on Twitter saying he's gonna be amazing, the next Ronaldo etc....

I'm sure Walcott and The Ox had much better goalscoring records at a younger age as well. What is Zaha, 20? 15 goals in 150 games or something like that in the Championship, and hardly for a struggling side either. That's really not that good.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Have they said the loan is wage free? That would be odd.

But we don't know the details of that figure yet, it could include all sorts of things, like the cost of applying for the new training facilities etc.

They also said he would not be sold.
No, they offered £3m, and I have never suggested I thought he was worth more.

blimey you take everything so personally dont you?
Guess Palace will pay some of his wages, as is usually the case with loans from big clubs
ok they said he wouldnt be sold ! what should they have done? say oh yeah hes for sale, inviting stupidly low bids! No they made it plain, everyone anywhere has a price, they just held out for a big price which they got..good negotiating! Maybe when Brighton get some bids for anyone they will do the same. This way we have the money, and still have Zaha for the rest of the season,all good. (although I dont suppose Bruno is looking forwards to it much)
Whichever way you cut it, you have lost 8 mill, with forecasts of a further 8 mill next year. However you dress it up thats still massive, 16million..can tb keep on bankrolling those sort of losses. ? Either way expect big ST price rises and beer/food price increases too....thats just how it is. Football in its present financial model is unsustainable, everyone knows it.
CMS? How do you know they offered 3 million? Would have thought that was more than enough for someone that a lot on here are disappointed with..maybe should have kept Glen!!
Anyway, it makes a change to have a reasonably civil conversation on here without slipping down to insults and name calling
laters

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I don't get all the United fans on Twitter saying he's gonna be amazing, the next Ronaldo etc....

I'm sure Walcott and The Ox had much better goalscoring records at a younger age as well. What is Zaha, 20? 15 goals in 150 games or something like that in the Championship, and hardly for a struggling side either. That's really not that good.

I think that you will find that for the majority of his 125 games we were struggling, but as an Arsenal fan I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is everything about this Manchester United player going to be posted here for the rest of the season? Please tell me it is, enough is enough :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
blimey you take everything so personally dont you?
I don't take any of it personally. You just seem to get most things wrong, and I like to educate you.
ok they said he wouldnt be sold ! what should they have done? say oh yeah hes for sale, inviting stupidly low bids!
I think they did the right thing. But there were deluded Palace fans on here saying he wouldn't be sold, because CPFC said so etc, and we all pointed out that that was just talk.

Whichever way you cut it, you have lost 8 mill, with forecasts of a further 8 mill next year. However you dress it up thats still massive, 16million..can tb keep on bankrolling those sort of losses.?
Which way it's cut makes a big difference. If it's losses that will continue indefinitely, then yes, it's a big loss, but if it includes short term things like the cost of getting permission for building our training facilities, then it's short term.

Either way expect big ST price rises and beer/food price increases too....thats just how it is.
No it isn't. We don't know what will happen with prices. It's not like every ground in the country is putting up prices just because they're making a loss. They make a loss at Palace, are your prices about to soar?
CMS? How do you know they offered 3 million?
That's what SSN reported.
Would have thought that was more than enough for someone that a lot on here are disappointed with
Perhaps, but the timing was bad as we didn't have anyone to replace him with.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Started splashing the cash

Crystal Palace can today (Friday 25th January) confirm the signing of Jazz Richards from Swansea City on loan until the end of the season, subject to Football League paperwork.

Richards, a full-back, who can also play in midfield will take shirt number 3, recently vacated by David Wright and will be available for the club's next game against Huddersfield on Wednesday 30th January.

Upon joining, Richards told Palace Player: "Swansea were happy to let me go out on loan and when I spoke to the gaffer here...it was a great opportunity for me. It's a brilliant club to be coming into, sitting in the top six of the Championship. As a player you want to be fighting for a place in the Premier League and hopefully I can play my part in the club getting there."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think that you will find that for the majority of his 125 games we were struggling, but as an Arsenal fan I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Oh we welcome all sorts here. An Arsenal fan? The more the merrier! How long have you been supporting the gunners?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Started splashing the cash

Crystal Palace can today (Friday 25th January) confirm the signing of Jazz Richards from Swansea City on loan until the end of the season, subject to Football League paperwork.

Richards, a full-back, who can also play in midfield will take shirt number 3, recently vacated by David Wright and will be available for the club's next game against Huddersfield on Wednesday 30th January.

Upon joining, Richards told Palace Player: "Swansea were happy to let me go out on loan and when I spoke to the gaffer here...it was a great opportunity for me. It's a brilliant club to be coming into, sitting in the top six of the Championship. As a player you want to be fighting for a place in the Premier League and hopefully I can play my part in the club getting there."

Yipee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here