Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

all inclusive holidays suggestions please

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
A very over simplistic statement. So let's take Cape Verde for example. Before the new hotels were built there was virtually no tourism. Now they are there a very large percentage of the employees are locals thus allowing them to earn a wage and buy things in the local economy. Yes, the corporates that built and run the hotels take a slice but it's a slice of a cake that didn't previously exist.
You're right. I forgot to mention they allow the large corporates to build in previously unspoilt areas.

Jan 30, 2008
Im looking for an all inclusive holiday, maybe £700 per person, ( no hidden extras ie paying for baggage/transfers) and definitely no kids!!!
I want a quiet rest not lots of kids running about un attended, for that reason Im looking when the kids are back at school in Sept.

Any suggestions or websites... ( not ready for SAGA)
AI KILLING THE LOCAL ECONOMY, WHO WANTS TO GO ON HOLS TO BE TAGGED/ CONFINED TO THE SAME FOOD ,DRINKS ,FACES ................and that's a big no thanks from me :)
regards
DR

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
We've just booked a week in November at the 5* Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort all inclusive for £880 for the 2 of us including day flights, extra legroom etc!!
Never fancied Sharm before but we just want some winter sun for a week later in the year and at £440pp its rude not to!!

That's an amazing deal. Did you book direct or via travel agent\website?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I went to Sandals Negril it was next door to Hedonism, extraordinary behaviour.

I went to Swept Away, which is next door to Sandals (or there abouts) and we took a motorboat out and went past Hedonism, oh my, what a ghastly looking place, though the naked jet skiers were mildly amusing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
AI KILLING THE LOCAL ECONOMY, WHO WANTS TO GO ON HOLS TO BE TAGGED/ CONFINED TO THE SAME FOOD ,DRINKS ,FACES ................and that's a big no thanks from me :)
regards
DR

Which is weird, as in my mind, I pictured you as EXACTLY the sort of person who'd be bang up for that sort of thing. Amazing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yep, i'm an amazing bloke, YOU'RE READING THE WRONG BOOK :wink:
regards
DR

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think you'd be the one by the pool in the England shirt.

(No colours lads, know what I mean?)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
never been there and don't have the slightest interest of going there, brits abroad with sun, sea and roast dinners :D
regards
DR

Surprising! To be honest, I absolutely love going to Lanzarote in the winter and my absolute treat is to sit in the sun with beer and watch back to back PL footy at the weekend. But I simply cannot fathom why the places that do a 'sunday roast' (hate the expression, such a cliche and almost always just really bad food wherever you are) are packed... Odd people the brits, sometimes....

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Turkeys great/hot/inexpensive/they treat you like royalty/all inclusive means all inclusive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here