Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All Change For Leicester

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I’d add Bissouma, Propper and Maupay to the essential spine
On balance I agree with Maupay, but Bissouma has only just started turning in undroppable performances and Pröpper has clearly flattered to deceive at times this season.

Pröpper, Mooy, and Bissouma are all capable of being world beaters for 2 or 3 games and then anonymous for the next 2 or 3.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I suspect there'll be quite a lot of rotation given the long lay off and short 'pre-season'.

Feels daft even bothering to try and predict but I'll go for:

Ryan
Montoya - Webster - Dunk - Burn
Stephens - Alzate
Jahanbakhsh - Mooy - March
Murray

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Personally, I wouldn't change the starting XI but be prepared to use 4 subs before the hour is up.

I don't see how anyone deserves to get dropped
Disagree. I thought Trossard was anonymous most of the game, Gross's first half contribution was mostly woeful set piece delivery. Burn was a bit off too. Let's be honest here, we could have been 3 down in the first 20mins. We dug in and ground out a great win, but I can't see how anyone could say, after watching the whole game, that no one deserves to be dropped

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
On balance I agree with Maupay, but Bissouma has only just started turning in undroppable performances and Pröpper has clearly flattered to deceive at times this season.

Pröpper, Mooy, and Bissouma are all capable of being world beaters for 2 or 3 games and then anonymous for the next 2 or 3.

I do appreciate that but I just think Bissouma has moved up a notch and should now be a first choice. I also recognise that Propper has his weak points but I think we’re better when he plays.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
I reckon Bissouma will be rotated out after his herculean effort on Saturday to protect his fitness after 100 days off.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jahanbakhsh feature, so :

Ryan

Montoya - Webster - Dunk - Burn

Stephens - Pröpper

Connolly - Mooy - Jahanbakhsh

Maupay

Subs : Button, Lamptey, Schelotto, Duffy, Bissouma, Mac Allister, March, Trossard, Murray

Agree with most of this lineup except I think Mac Allister will start instead of Connolly.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Start with:

Ryan
Webster Dunk Burn
Lamptey Stephens Propper March
Gross Maupay Mooy

Keep it tight, Lamptey and March as wing-backs to deal with their pace out wide. We only ever win when Gross starts. Bissouma has probably earned a rest after that performance against Arsenal.

Then add Ally Mac, Ali J and Connolly to run at them later on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree with most of this lineup except I think Mac Allister will start instead of Connolly.

McAllister is being managed carefully. I can't see him starting after such a sparse introduction.
Expect he will be moved up to first substitute status over the next couple of games.

With the new substitution rules, he may be given the second half when we are closer to safety.
This isn't because he isn't capable, it probably has more to do with the club protecting a young talent who is completely unaccustomed to english football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve been convinced by the argument that Maupay & Biss ran themselves into the ground vs Arsenal and need to be fresh for Utd at home where 3 points is a little more realistic.

I think this team would be comfortable in deep possession and could hit Leicester hard on the break with Bernardo & Lamptey supplying Connolly, Ali-J and Mac-A.

————————Ryan————————
———Webster—Dunk——Burn————
Lamptey—Stephens—Mooy—Bernardo
——Jahanbakhsh—Mac Allister————
———————Connolly———————-

Subs:

Steele
Montoya
Duffy
Alzate
March
Trossard
Murray
Maupay
Bissouma

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
4-2-2-2

----------------Ryan
Montoya Webster Dunk Burn
-------Bissouma Propper
-------Mooy McAllister
-------Connolly Maupay

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Youth and pace (plus Stephens) against Leicester please. Strong defence, with attacking threat ............

(5-2-1-2)
Ryan
Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Bernardo
Stephens, Alzate
Mac Allister
Connolly, Maupay

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can see a lot of people being disappointed. I'd be shocked if Mac Allister starts. Nothing to do with his ability of course - he's clearly quality. I just don't see him starting after only being given 30 seconds.

Off the bench but hopefully for longer this time, I reckon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our best chance of a win against Leicester is scoring from a set-piece or a ball over the top to the lone striker.

This is a perfect game for MacAllister to link with Maupay.

Leicester are also one of the best teams on the break and in Barnes and Vardy they have pace, so selecting two quick wing-backs of our own in Lamptey and Bernardo certainly makes sense to me.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Leicester have not won at home for 3 months and we haven't lost away for 3 months. Seems straightforward to me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I disagree. A point at Leicester will be huge, especially if the bottom clubs lose as it will mean they will need at least 3 games out of 7 remaining to even think about overhauling us.

I think go for it. A point at Leicester with Dunk please booking or no booking. We have other options playing a flat back 4 with our full backs if we lose him. Bad message to send out a team without our captain now

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I quite like the look of that.

Not sure we should be playing Maupay and Connolly together from the start. Especially away from home, one quick striker and all round players would be better

I’ve been convinced by the argument that Maupay & Biss ran themselves into the ground vs Arsenal and need to be fresh for Utd at home where 3 points is a little more realistic.

I think this team would be comfortable in deep possession and could hit Leicester hard on the break with Bernardo & Lamptey supplying Connolly, Ali-J and Mac-A.

————————Ryan————————
———Webster—Dunk——Burn————
Lamptey—Stephens—Mooy—Bernardo
——Jahanbakhsh—Mac Allister————
———————Connolly———————-

Subs:

Steele
Montoya
Duffy
Alzate
March
Trossard