Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All Change For Leicester

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As an aside, have we ever had a more balanced, competitive squad than this in our history? We could literally put two sides out that are probably good enough to stay outside the bottom 1 or 2.

As for Leicester, I too think he'll ring the changes and will play for a point. That's not to say we won't attack and play our game, but if it is level with 15 to go, expect Murray to make an appearance. The Argie Jock will play a bigger role too and he will want plenty of pace in the side to start off, so can't see Groß or Stephens starting. Therefore Bissouma and Pröpper are shu ins.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Take a full length mirror and place it where Rodgers can see it. He'll be too busy checking his reflection to bother with the game. The vain cocksnogger.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I reckon Bissouma will be rotated out after his herculean effort on Saturday to protect his fitness after 100 days off.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jahanbakhsh feature, so :

Ryan

Montoya - Webster - Dunk - Burn

Stephens - Pröpper

Connolly - Mooy - Jahanbakhsh

Maupay

Subs : Button, Lamptey, Schelotto, Duffy, Bissouma, Mac Allister, March, Trossard, Murray

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Worth noting it's projected to be 25 degrees and sunny when the game kicks off. Could work in our favour a drastic slowing of the game in line with our snail game !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I wonder if Leicester's team selection will be influenced by them having a home FA Cup quarter final tie on Sunday against Chelsea?
They have a very realistic chance of winning the competition.

Hopefully they rest Vardy.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I expect us to start with five at the back a midfield four and Murray as a lone striker. I hope the whole country is cursing Brighton as we bore our way to the dullest 0-0 ever.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think Maupay and Bissuma will be rested, they both ran their nuts off yesterday, Stephens and Murray to start, fill the midfield and possibly Lamptey for The Greyhound.

With the quick turnaround of fixtures, I think we might see quite a bit of squad rotation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I reckon Bissouma will be rotated out after his herculean effort on Saturday to protect his fitness after 100 days off.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jahanbakhsh feature, so :

Ryan

Montoya - Webster - Dunk - Burn

Stephens - Pröpper

Connolly - Mooy - Jahanbakhsh

Maupay

Subs : Button, Lamptey, Schelotto, Duffy, Bissouma, Mac Allister, March, Trossard, Murray

Possibly this, but wouldn’t mind seeing Bernardo start (for Burn)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As an aside, have we ever had a more balanced, competitive squad than this in our history? We could literally put two sides out that are probably good enough to stay outside the bottom 1 or 2.

As for Leicester, I too think he'll ring the changes and will play for a point. That's not to say we won't attack and play our game, but if it is level with 15 to go, expect Murray to make an appearance. The Argie Jock will play a bigger role too and he will want plenty of pace in the side to start off, so can't see Groß or Stephens starting. Therefore Bissouma and Pröpper are shu ins.

Simster. The answer is, no we haven't. Certainly not with (nearly) all fit.

Dunk and Ryan are irreplaceable in our squad. They are the only two. You could take out any of the other 9 and their replacement will be as good, or 99.9% as good

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have given up trying to second guess a Potter team line up

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally, I wouldn't change the starting XI but be prepared to use 4 subs before the hour is up.

I don't see how anyone deserves to get dropped

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have given up trying to second guess a Potter team line up

Potter balls are spinning in the bingo machine. More chance of guessing Super 6 than our next line up.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I disagree. A point at Leicester will be huge, especially if the bottom clubs lose as it will mean they will need at least 3 games out of 7 remaining to even think about overhauling us.

Absolutely it would be huge, I just think that if we were to rest him for one game in the next two, it is more achievable to get a point (or three) at the Amex against United, than a point at the King Power.

In a perfect world, he plays for the next two and doesn't get booked, but after this round of results, it is highly likely that 36/37 points will keep us up. A win at Norwich (which is not a given and would be far more likely with Dunky in the side) leaves us only needing to find a win or a couple of draws from our remaining games, and would be far bigger than a point at Leicester.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hoping to see MacAllister start, and Lamptey to be involved at some point.

Connolly must also be in consideration, he played a part in our win.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We need to rest Bissy, Maupay, Propper, Greyhound.

Ali J, Stephen's, Lamptey, March, AC and Mac will probably all feature more for this game. It's all about squad rotation now until the end of the season. I will be amazed if there is not widespread changes but then we are always amazed and sometimes perplexed by GPs selection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here