Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm well aware that this means jackshit in real life, but he turned out pretty good in my FM15 season by 2021. Shame he's been at Palace for three seasons :eek:

Alireza Jahanbakhsh_ Overview Attributes.png

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He's 21, and looks pretty good.

Get him in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hmm, can't help thinking that he looks way too good for us having watched that.

I will be "over the moon", in football speak, if we can pull this one off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not getting too excited. He looks far too good for us. He will be premiership bound. I hope I am proved wrong as if he can link up with a new pacy centre forward then I would evaluate our promotion chances.

Hmm, can't help thinking that he looks way too good for us having watched that.

I will be over the moon in football speak if we can pull this one off.

If you did a montage of Buckley, Nooney or KLL you'd say the same thing and they were with us a while... Agree he looks quality but YouTube videos are easy to make look that way!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If you did a montage of Buckley, Nooney or KLL you'd say the same thing and they were with us a while... Agree he looks quality but YouTube videos are easy to make look that way!

true dat

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I'd be happy for him to be like a version of Will Buckley but with proper thickness hamstrings.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd be happy for him to be like a version of Will Buckley but with proper thickness hamstrings.

Buckley was absolutely superb in his day. Almost unplayable. Fingers crossed this lad a) Signs for us b) Isn't injury prone c) Has a greater consistency!

I'm not for one min suggesting this kid will be bad as my hunch is he'll be brilliant judging by the awards and goal record etc...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just pleased Tony and the club is listening to me and not the rest of you mugs. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm just pleased Tony and the club is listening to me and not the rest of you mugs. :lolol:

I hear TB still hasn't forgiven himself for not trying that little bit harder to get Drogba to sign a couple of years ago, after you alerted him of his availability at a knock down rate.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looks promising, but a big difference between Dutch div 2 and the championship, Holla struggled last season with the pace.

Just the mere fact that we might have put a bid in for someone, gets the juices flowing again.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I think that we will seal this deal…but then I have had a drink.

Dec 29, 2011
(Unsuprisingly) A couple of Nijmegen fans on twitter reckon €2m is on the cheapside.

Hopefully bloom and co have learnt their lesson from the Van Dijk saga. A few more thousands and we would have had a chance of signing him, now he's being touted around for £7-8m. Let's not make the same mistake again.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Looks promising, but a big difference between Dutch div 2 and the championship, Holla struggled last season with the pace.

Just the mere fact that we might have put a bid in for someone, gets the juices flowing again.

Holla was at Den Haag in the Dutch Eridivisie, rather than their second tier. I agree that he's struggled for pace, but not so sure that AJ will.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sounds decent enough. We need video clips to be sure.

F#ck the video clips. I remember watching video clips of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel signed for Norwich and thougt he looked like a world beater and he ended up with only one goal. Mitigating circumstances surrounding his time there but I won't trust video clips again.

Forking out that level of fee shows good intent by the club and it shows that the scouting staff are already hard at work. I am begining to feel optimistic but won't get too carried away because I know we need to offload a lot of players before we can really move forward

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Until I see him holding the shirt I'll try not to get excited, looks a classy winger who's good with both feet and it's good to see us trying to do deals early but if reports are true I can't see him turning down Norwich or Celtic for us unfortunately!

I am not so sure about that. Nathan Redmond had offers from Swansea and Everton and CH managed to convince him to sign for Norwich instread. I know that was different because CH had broken Nathe into the first team at Birmingham but it does go to show that he is very good when negotiating with players.

You also have to remember that when he comes and sees the facilities at Brighton as opposed to the training facilities at Norwich he will be well impressed at how much better ours are. And thats before I even mention their delapidated stadium which is very old in terms of facilities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports