Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ha! Ha! I know that feeling. Over recent weeks I seem to have acquired my very own stalker. Doesn't actually comment but gives a thumbs down to every post I make. I was tempted to post on every thread just to keep him busy ........... :jester:

Not the same tho', is it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All I can see is you picking up on a question I raised in a pre-merge thread (before source identified on that thread), and trying to imply that, because it was in an (unidentified) newspaper, I shouldn't be raising the question. Personally, I would say you were trying to 'score points', which really is pathetic IMHO.

Infer not imply. It was how you read it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Anyway, back to the thread. I know nothing about this guy, but the various links indicate we will do very well to get his signature. Here's hoping.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ha! Ha! I know that feeling. Over recent weeks I seem to have acquired my very own stalker. Doesn't actually comment but gives a thumbs down to every post I make. I was tempted to post on every thread just to keep him busy ........... :jester:

3 so far but who's counting?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
To the tune of 'Back For Good' by the 60% Take That. -

I guess now it's time, for us to go up (I guess it's time)
Got an old picture of the Goldstone, got a half of Harvey's in my coffee cup (Ohh, yeah).
We spent a lot of Tony's money, and our stadium is great,
Now we sign, a lot of players, who are great.

Whenever he plays, whenever he scores we really rate him, we just love you Jahanbaksh (Jahanbaksh, Jahanbaksh, Jahanbaksh is goo-od).
Whenever we win, the name we all sing belongs to Ali, we're so glad we got him in (Jahanbaksh, Jahanbaksh, Jahanbaksh is goo-oo-od).

I'm sure I left my coat round here somewhere...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Argus now carrying the story.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ing_to_sign_Iran_World_Cup_winger/?ref=twtrec

Amir Hashemi, Jahanbakhsh's manager and mentor, told The Argus: "I think it's more than £1.4 million. They are interested.

"We are still busy with negotiations. I have been in England to see the stadium and facilities. We have to think, we are still talking.

"At the moment it's maybe 50-50. It's important Ali visits Brighton himself and talks to the manager (Chris Hughton). He is back from holiday tomorrow and that is the next logical plan."

Hughton's former club Norwich have also been linked with Jahanbakhsh, along with Scottish giants Celtic, but Albion are the only English club to have a bid accepted by Nijmegen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he signs I expect he'll quickly become know as 'Ali Ja', although given the ending of his name I favour 'Handbags'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Was it my mistake or did this thread orignally call him Alfreza rather than Ailreza? My first thought was Ally Frasier, Bill Patterson's character in Auf Weidersehen Pet. Then I thought of the Thriller in Manilla. Then either the title had changed, or I read it correctly. All my drivel has made one thought occur: If, as it seems, he is known as Ali, then we have the opportunity to use the chant from the Rumble in the Jungle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH9eA3E8UZE

I don't know if any other crowd has used 'Ali Boma Ye' or whether it's literal translation would make it unacceptable at the Amex.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Argus now carrying the story.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ing_to_sign_Iran_World_Cup_winger/?ref=twtrec

Amir Hashemi, Jahanbakhsh's manager and mentor, told The Argus: "I think it's more than £1.4 million. They are interested.

"We are still busy with negotiations. I have been in England to see the stadium and facilities. We have to think, we are still talking.

"At the moment it's maybe 50-50. It's important Ali visits Brighton himself and talks to the manager (Chris Hughton). He is back from holiday tomorrow and that is the next logical plan."

Hughton's former club Norwich have also been linked with Jahanbakhsh, along with Scottish giants Celtic, but Albion are the only English club to have a bid accepted by Nijmegen.

It'll be a while then!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Kayal isn't Jewish.

They can have a good pray together before the game - we need all the help we can get. As long as someone tells them that, from the centre of the pitch, East is actually towards the away fans area in the South Stand.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Player from abroad - :thumbsup:
Good stats on Wiki - :thumbsup:
Played at the World Cup - :thumbsup:
Flashy YouTube montage of goals - :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats enough for me sign him up please

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They can have a good pray together before the game - we need all the help we can get. As long as someone tells them that, from the centre of the pitch, East is actually towards the away fans area in the South Stand.

Ali might not be a Muslim.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Was it my mistake or did this thread orignally call him Alfreza rather than Ailreza? My first thought was Ally Frasier, Bill Patterson's character in Auf Weidersehen Pet. Then I thought of the Thriller in Manilla. Then either the title had changed, or I read it correctly. All my drivel has made one thought occur: If, as it seems, he is known as Ali, then we have the opportunity to use the chant from the Rumble in the Jungle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH9eA3E8UZE

I don't know if any other crowd has used 'Ali Boma Ye' or whether it's literal translation would make it unacceptable at the Amex.

Outstanding!

If we do sign him and this doesn't become his chant I'll be extremely disappointed in my fellow albionites.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I have one of those

its like a badge of honour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here