Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

SAC

May 21, 2014
Until I see him holding the shirt I'll try not to get excited, looks a classy winger who's good with both feet and it's good to see us trying to do deals early but if reports are true I can't see him turning down Norwich or Celtic for us unfortunately!

He wouldn't be guaranteed first team football at Norwich but presumably would get double the wages. He could play Champions League football at Celtic, although not for long, I have no idea what wages are like in the SPL.

Perhaps neither Norwich or Celtic are prepared to offer £1.4 million for him.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Note that it says Norwich and Celtic 'were' interested. It doesn't say that they ARE interested, which could mean that they may have been interested in the past but not any more.

#eternaloptimist

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's a non story as soon as you mention another club potentially being involved unfortunately. Especially Norwich who seem to be a parent club figure to us, the *******S. He'll probably do well over here though.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Note that it says Norwich and Celtic 'were' interested. It doesn't say that they ARE interested, which could mean that they may have been interested in the past but not any more.

#eternaloptimist
Yep, could be that norwich were interested until they got prem football, and now want experience at that level.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not sure if this has been posted or not:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...ltic-norwich-target-alireza-jahanbakhsh-disc/

Speaking to SoccerNews in the Netherlands, the agent of Iranian wonderkid Jahanbakhsh confirmed interest in his client, and admitted that a transfer will come around if a buying club will allow him to establish his name in football.

Amir Hashemi said: “Ali is no longer a talent. He must now establish his name. PSV have expressed interest. But nothing yet concrete. AZ is also in.”

Jahanbakhsh currently turns out for NEC Nijmegen, where the 21-year-old scored 12 goals and registered 17 assists in 28 games, playing as a winger.

A full Iranian international, with 14 caps to his name, the youngster is considered a real talent in world football, and a summer transfer is expected to one of Europe’s top leagues.

His agent has confirmed interest from Eredivisie clubs PSV and AZ, whilst Voetbal International claimed Norwich City are keen on making a move for him. Scottish champions Celtic have also been linked with the youngster, as per the Scotsman.

Jahanbakhsh has impressed so heavily in the Netherlands, and a summer move is expected. His agent is clearly pushing for a move away from NEC, and it looks as if Celtic and Norwich face stiff competition to sign a player who is set to become a superstar in the future.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it Ali-reeza or Ali-rezza?

Posh Spice is a slapper
and she ain't no lezza
When she's shagging beckham
she thinks of Alireza

or

Posh spice is a slapper
she really is a pleaser
and when she's shagging beckham
she thinks of Alireza

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...ltic-norwich-target-alireza-jahanbakhsh-disc/

Speaking to SoccerNews in the Netherlands, the agent of Iranian wonderkid Jahanbakhsh confirmed interest in his client, and admitted that a transfer will come around if a buying club will allow him to establish his name in football.

Amir Hashemi said: “Ali is no longer a talent. He must now establish his name. PSV have expressed interest. But nothing yet concrete. AZ is also in.”

Jahanbakhsh currently turns out for NEC Nijmegen, where the 21-year-old scored 12 goals and registered 17 assists in 28 games, playing as a winger.

A full Iranian international, with 14 caps to his name, the youngster is considered a real talent in world football, and a summer transfer is expected to one of Europe’s top leagues.

His agent has confirmed interest from Eredivisie clubs PSV and AZ, whilst Voetbal International claimed Norwich City are keen on making a move for him. Scottish champions Celtic have also been linked with the youngster, as per the Scotsman.

Jahanbakhsh has impressed so heavily in the Netherlands, and a summer move is expected. His agent is clearly pushing for a move away from NEC, and it looks as if Celtic and Norwich face stiff competition to sign a player who is set to become a superstar in the future.

Oh well it was a few hours and pages of hope...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I won't get excited until it actually happens, as he does look quality

However what IS exciting is that if we have in fact had a bid accepted it shows that we are actually trying to start early instead of waiting till August!

Absolutely, and about time too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No you didn't. The OP posted this an hour before you asked the question.

FFS... in another thread tho'... I'm sorry if I didn't keep track of every thread on here before posting my question. Stop trying to 'score points'; it really is pathetic.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

. . yet it's not on the http://www.soccernews.com/ website.

The writer of this story has 162 followers and follows Watford AND Chelsea. https://twitter.com/bhawkinsss

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Alireza Jahanbakhsh (21) this season played a major role in the championship of NEC. At the end of the ride the winger was voted best player in the Jupiler League. The question now is whether he will remain faithful to NEC or that he prefers a step higher .

The next step that his client is a very important , finds his agent Amir Hashemi . "He must now establish his name . A club like Feyenoord provides that opportunity. Ajax , but that choosing for their own youth. PSV have shown interest , but not concrete . AZ is in the picture . It remains , " Hashemi explained that counting on Jahanbakhsh rapidly moving away from Nijmegen. There is one important caveat . "There must first be sold by the summit in the Netherlands to buy players."

translated from:
http://feyenoordreport.nl/2015/06/03/alireza-jahanbakhsh-flirt-met-feyenoord/

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Basically his agent has been mouthing off so it's typical transfer fodder.

I'd be delighted with this but I won't hold my breath.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll stop that when TB stops trying to 'score points'; it really is pathetic, and you are backing him up, which is stupid.

I answered your question but got a thumbs down for being helpful. Who is trying to score points?

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
We will miss out and sign him on emergency loan half way through the year to see what could have been

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I answered your question but got a thumbs down for being helpful. Who is trying to score points?

Ha! Ha! I know that feeling. Over recent weeks I seem to have acquired my very own stalker. Doesn't actually comment but gives a thumbs down to every post I make. I was tempted to post on every thread just to keep him busy ........... :jester:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

All I can see is you picking up on a question I raised in a pre-merge thread (before source identified on that thread), and trying to imply that, because it was in an (unidentified) newspaper, I shouldn't be raising the question. Personally, I would say you were trying to 'score points', which really is pathetic IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here