Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alexis Nicholas

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Barnet Seagull said:
I think Reid has been poor for a number of games now. A full back he isn't.

Bit harsh when hes being asked to play on the left. Thought he was a very competent right back last season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
??? thought Hart was great last night. ran his socks of, tackled well and was very solid wherever he was asked to play. starting to think you need to go to specsavers:thumbsup:

Yes he tackled well but like reid at the start last year he was caught out of postion a few times - was like it on sat as well

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Albion Dan said:
Bit harsh when hes being asked to play on the left. Thought he was a very competent right back last season.

Whenever I saw him, his positioning was awful. He was lucky he didn't come up against too many teams who could exploit the channels.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The trouble with us playing spells of decent football is now we are expecting a wonder team that will march up the league.

We have a young team, very young indeed and they will be inconsistent now and then. Plus criticising Nicolas who made his first start since our loss to Wigan is a tad unfair.

Things will improve and we will pick up more points. We have come a long way since coppells/hinshelwood days

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
parks said:
He is being asked to play out of position, I don't really know what you would expect. the ball is being passed to his wrong foot. I think he is doing very well considering.

The irony of it was that last night he was better with his left than his right, He over hit nearly every pass. He was also poor coming forward which for midfielder is strange, however he was poor not disasterous.

For someone who started is first full game last night, nicolas did fine, ffs give him a break.

I think hammond has been poor for quite a few games now. he seems to spend more and more time running around in midfield like a headless chicket rather than naking himself available.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally agree. He was rubbish last night and the lack of a midfield in general during the 2nd half cost us the game IMHO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
portlock seagull said:
Totally agree. He was rubbish last night and the lack of a midfield in general during the 2nd half cost us the game IMHO.

Roy Keane might be available apparently.

Could do a job?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Barnet Seagull said:
I think Reid has been poor for a number of games now. A full back he isn't.
Maybe he's carrying a knock and could do with a break. He was immense at Palarse.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
portlock seagull said:

I 2nd that!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
gvce26 said:
I 2nd that!

I agree too.

I would like to see Dodd covering at LB for now and Reid getting back into midfield.

Nicolas passes back all the time.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nicolas lacks match practice. Wolves were playing five in midfield with some tremoundous talent and experience for a relatively inexperienced player to cope with.

I thought he did a great job.He should get a run in the side now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
I agree too.

I would like to see Dodd covering at LB for now and Reid getting back into midfield.

I wouldn't have Reid in midfield, not in place of Alexis anyway, teams will go through us like a knife through butter with Hammond and Reid...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:
I wouldn't have Reid in midfield, not in place of Alexis anyway, teams will go through us like a knife through butter with Hammond and Reid...

Reid was immense at Spurs and Sheff Utd last season.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Yorkie said:
Reid was immense at Spurs and Sheff Utd last season.

Reid is a quality player - his versatility proves that! I don't understand how alot of people under estimate him!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nicolas - how can anyone criticise his performance?... he was good last night... broke up promising Wolves play many times... OK - tired a bit near the end, but he hasn't started a game for months... FFS... :angry: :censored:

The alternative to Reid is Mayo, unless we get the long-promised lb in on loan... stick with Reid...

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
B.W. said:
Nicolas - how can anyone criticise his performance?... he was good last night... broke up promising Wolves play many times... OK - tired a bit near the end, but he hasn't started a game for months... FFS... :angry: :censored:

The alternative to Reid is Mayo, unless we get the long-promised lb in on loan... stick with Reid...

No Mayo please, i'm on a diet! :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
B.W. said:

Dodd can play at LB. He kept Plymouth up last season in that position.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
I agree too.

:rolleyes:

You really thought Nicolas was "rubbish"?

Of course he passes backwards a lot of the time, he's a holding midfielder! He isn't there to play a creative, attacking role. At least his passes find his own team-mates ...

He was excellent, and should keep his place for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here