Votes: 5 2.0%
  • With Gallic indifference

Votes: 47 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Meant a lot to see his tears in his final game with the club.

Not for a moment did he act unprofessionally during negotiations to leave for a better paid job at a bigger club, unlike several others.

Great player for us, and will always be remembered for being the player who won the World Cup while playing for The Albion.

Plenty of former players deserve boos at the Amex - but this is one that deserves a round of applause.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I echo most of the other comments, when it came to be time to go he behaved professionally and in signing his new contract with us, made sure we got good money for him.

He looked upset to be going, when he went round that day at Villa. I feel like he really did care about the club and so I hope that he gets a good reception today, I feel like his behaviour has earnt one.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Of all our departing young superstars, he's the only one about whom I found myself thinking "this isn't the last time we've seen him in Albion shirt". I honestly think we'll get a swansong from him when he's at the other end of his career.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Genuinely concerned about the mental wellbeing of the 3 people who said they would boo 😂

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like Alexis, but today isn't about him, so I hope he's just another away team player and the club/announcer doesn't single him out for special treatment. If he chose to walk around clapping us, I'd clap back.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Do what any other club does if he gets subbed clap or do something if you want at full time, anything before hand is tinpot we play to win.
I agree, he's out to hurt us today. Loved him while he was here and he seems like a great fella. As you say when subbed or full-time only for me.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
What reception will you be giving him?
You missed out warm applause. Certainly not going to boo but equally no hearty cheers just a warm welcome.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He was a class act on and off the pitch and clearly has love for the Albion. He'd get a rousing clap and cheer from me if I was at the game.

That said, despite the muchos love I have for him(he's one of my all time favourites) I hope he has the kind of shocker that will have @dwayne telling us all how he's always said he was overrated.

He will then get another rousing clap and cheer after the end of the game.

I miss him:(

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Although I believe in free opinion and the right to express it, anyone who boos this guy must have a screw loose.
I don't know him personally, but in everything he did for the club, he came over as a very humble and dignified guy and deserves nothing but respect from myself.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Knowing Alexis it would fire him up If he was booed.
Liverpool will be fired up enough already and will want to make us pay for VAR’s mistakes last week.
Let‘s not poke the bear.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If you want a lesson in how to leave a football club properly, just look at Ali Mac. I won’t be there today, but I hope he gets a brilliant reception.
The main thing I was worried about when he left was the fact that we’d finally found an ice cold penalty taker. We’ve found an even colder one in JP though, thankfully.
In fairness, he’d agreed a contract meaning we had to accept a vastly lower fee for him than his actual worth. This made it substantially easier for him to leave than, say, Caicedo or Cucurella.

Saying that, the guy was great for us.

But on the opposing side of that argument, he’s just an ex-player to me. Once they go I don’t invest in them either way. It’s healthier to be like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here