Votes: 5 2.0%
  • With Gallic indifference

Votes: 47 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Warm applause beforehand. He was a great player for us. After that, he's just another opponent.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have absolutely no reason not to welcome him back. Respected us. Did a great job. Respected by colleagues.

Anyone who boos him is worthy of being told to sit down and shut up.

Once the whistle has blown, and the ball is in play, then I hope he has a stinker.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Always hurts when player leaves us for a bigger club/project but IMO opinion he left us in the right manner.

I also think that he was incredibly respectful of us when he was in the spotlight after the world Cup win, paying tribute to our contribution to his success and not dropping hints to his new suitors.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
He was great for us, acted with respect and dignity when he moved on to better things. Unlike some I could name.

Watch the video of his return to the squad after the world cup, the players love him.

I'll welcome him back.

Then hope we stuff the Scousers and Klipitty for what they deserve.

Last edited:

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Whilst I was one of the more reluctant to class him as an Albion ‘legend’, I’m not sure he could’ve done any more to warrant a bit of respect on his return, really.

I know the volume and frequency of high profile player departures over recent years has probably left some feeling a bit “meh”, but I’d like to think as a fanbase we can still show at least some appreciation to those who served us admirably for a number of seasons and left in a respectful fashion.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m not exactly gonna boo him but I certainly won’t applaud him. He’s just another player who took the easy option of three sports cars instead of two cars. Hope we absolute smash Liverpool and he has the shittest return possible.
Do you not have ambition in your line of work? Want to earn as much as you can? Work at the highest level?

Comments like this are laughable

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
This isn’t just another player that left. The guy played a big part in winning the World Cup while an Albion player. It’s rare we’ve even had a player appear in a World Cup!

He always put the effort in while here, and I was more disappointed to see him go than Caicedo. Plus he left in the right way and seemed genuinely sad to leave the team and city. He would certainly be getting applause from me before the game, obviously not during. (If I was going today 😁)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If you want a lesson in how to leave a football club properly, just look at Ali Mac. I won’t be there today, but I hope he gets a brilliant reception.

The main thing I was worried about when he left was the fact that we’d finally found an ice cold penalty taker. We’ve found an even colder one in JP though, thankfully.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here