Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We will lose Caicedo in the summer. I suspect Ali Mac will go too, but only if he and the club get the right offer. Mitoma I'm a little more optimistic of keeping hold of.
I am not so sure. I think how we finish the season will greatly influence outcomes. If you are one of these players do you leave for a "bigger" club who are playing European football and run the risk of being a handy sub, or do you stick with your current club who are also playing European football and where you are an essential part of the starting 11 with a very progressive manager and support system?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We have plenty of attacking mid options if our best player does leave. But if he and Caicedo go at the same time we’ll need at least one, if not two STARTING calibre CMs. Moder coming back and Gilmour are fine rotation options but in my opinion not as exciting as our prospects at other positions. Lallana and Gross too attacking to play against some opponents there long term especially without an elite Caicedo type next to them.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
Both will go....and we will need to replace. Should get £130m at least for both.

Mitoma is Jap - so honour and loyalty will keep him here - RDZ won't go either...too much Taurus in him.

If we get 4th though (lol) - who knows.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We will lose Caicedo in the summer. I suspect Ali Mac will go too, but only if he and the club get the right offer. Mitoma I'm a little more optimistic of keeping hold of.
Yes, I suspect you are right.

There are three things I know:

1) They'll only go for a big fee.

2) Until they go I'll hope that they stay.

3) The speculation will be endless.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am not so sure. I think how we finish the season will greatly influence outcomes. If you are one of these players do you leave for a "bigger" club who are playing European football and run the risk of being a handy sub, or do you stick with your current club who are also playing European football and where you are an essential part of the starting 11 with a very progressive manager and support system?
What are you not so sure about?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, I suspect you are right.

There are three things I know:

1) They'll only go for a big fee.

2) Until they go I'll hope that they stay.

3) The speculation will be endless.
4) The club already have clear plans for what will happen if/when any of them do go

5) RdeZ will know exactly the club’s position

6) I’m not going to worry about it until it happens.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Both will go....and we will need to replace. Should get £130m at least for both.

Mitoma is Jap - so honour and loyalty will keep him here - RDZ won't go either...too much Taurus in him.

If we get 4th though (lol) - who knows.
Saturday morning casual racism based on ethnic profiling.

I’m not sure the German administrators at Frankfurt would agree with you about loyalty and honour, they are about to lose a highly valued World Cup star on a free.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saturday morning casual racism based on ethnic profiling.

I’m not sure the German administrators at Frankfurt would agree with you about loyalty and honour, they are about to lose a highly valued World Cup star on a free.
Rubbish comparison. Kamada is honouring his contract in full, nothing more, nothing less. No disloyalty at all.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wouldn’t be so sure about losing both

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not his finest first half
It’s going to be interesting this for Mac Allister. He’s not had a great half playing further forward which doesn’t surprise me, he’s just not natural there IMO.

He sees himself as a number 10 but to me, he is clearly a natural number 6. If he really wants a move to a top, Champions League team, I think he has to concentrate on playing deeper where he would get in most teams IMO. I can’t see him getting anywhere near a starting 11 for elite clubs in a number 10 role.

If his heart is set on playing there, he will be better off staying with us where he’s got more chance of playing there.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
We have plenty of attacking mid options if our best player does leave. But if he and Caicedo go at the same time we’ll need at least one, if not two STARTING calibre CMs. Moder coming back and Gilmour are fine rotation options but in my opinion not as exciting as our prospects at other positions. Lallana and Gross too attacking to play against some opponents there long term especially without an elite Caicedo type next to them.
Mac Allister is a World Cup winner and Caicedo probably a £100m + player.
Whoever comes in isn’t going to be as exciting as they are, we are going to have to grow a couple of players again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have the last 2 games been his showreel for GPott to buy him in the Summer?

#OnceAHammer #IronsIrons.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Way too selfish / greedy today in my opinion. Tried to hard to make something happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here