Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wants out this summer, or at least his agents do. same source that broke the story of him signing here

Or his family are coming over to see him?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Buonanotte/ Sarmiento will then be our No 10. Rumours are that Man City are eyeing him up as a Gundagun replacement.
If true, perhaps a transfer ban for City will scupper their plans.
I’m sure we won’t stand in his way if the right offer is received. He’s behaved impeccably and I hope he goes on to great things.
Sussex Senior Cup?

Or perhaps even Lancashire Senior Cup!

Stuff of dreams for someone who as won noth.......

Oh.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd love him to stay but if we have to lose one player(and I'm desperately hoping it is only one...) this summer then Ally Mac is the next cab off the rank. He's put in his time, performed well and acted with class throughout his time here.

If he does go he'll get nothing but good wishes from me. A class act on and off the pitch.

Is it too much to hope that a second half of the season surge into the champions league places would keep all our players here for another season? Yes, it probably is.😢

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What does this even mean ?

His uncle has come over to speak to clubs what they can offer? Is it as blatant as that?
I read it as his father coming over to discuss his future as he will certainly leave in June. There are plenty of possible suitors

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Well, Messi loves him and could stay at PSG. If he does he may ask for Ale Mac to join him. I just made that up but it has as much chance of being true as all the other bollox!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, Messi loves him and could stay at PSG. If he does he may ask for Ale Mac to join him. I just made that up but it has as much chance of being true as all the other bollox!
If he keeps missing chances like he did at Palace I am sure there will be a queue of posters offering to drive him to wherever he goes and buy the sweets too :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Caicedo - Okay I am struggling a little bit with this one. Doesn't score enough goals?
I heard a biased Arsenal pundit declare this whilst bemoaning that we’d ‘overpriced’ him and we’re holding him back.

Unfortunately for Moises, he is required to provide defensive cover for players like Estupinian, Mac Allister and Groß when they get forward. He is does not get into shooting positions often but when he does, his shooting is vastly better than Bissouma’s. When he played with Yves, he was allowed to get forward, nowadays there are very strict instructions imposed on him. It’s a shame but someone needs to play the defensive role and he is the best at it in our club. I believe he’d thrive as an attacking midfielder or a box to box players as he was alongside Yves and Enoch.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Buonanotte/ Sarmiento will then be our No 10. Rumours are that Man City are eyeing him up as a Gundagun replacement.
If true, perhaps a transfer ban for City will scupper their plans.
I’m sure we won’t stand in his way if the right offer is received. He’s behaved impeccably and I hope he goes on to great things.
On the football friendly podcast, Paul Barber said that Sarmiento was the player earmarked to fill Mitoma's position, should we get an irresistible offer for him in the summer.

I think that Buonanotte and Enciso will fight it out for the no.10 spot.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Is it too much to hope that a second half of the season surge into the champions league places would keep all our players here for another season? Yes, it probably is.😢
I agree its unlikley to be Champions league at The Amex next season, but if we actually get an Europa League or more a possible Conference place, the list of suitor clubs for ALL our players reduces massivley.

Of course we arent going to keep all of our players but the requirements for other clubs to have enough pulling power to "turn " players heads has already gone up several magnitudes over the past 18 months. Realistically we are approaching the the point of only the traditional big six (plus Newcastle now) having the"of course Ill go" response , and every other club is going to require serious thought

Its depressing to see our players constantly linked with moves away-but trhat comes with success, but I think its best to treat most of this speculation as just that, speculation. The fact that a players father comes over to visit his son and watch him play doesnt necessarrily mean the player is off

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It’s a fine balance isn’t it. We need to sell one or two players every year to help the finances so TB doesn’t have to keep funding us. We also need to make room for players coming through. As long as we keep a core of stalwarts, Dunk, Solly, Pascal etc we should be good.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’s a fine balance isn’t it. We need to sell one or two players every year to help the finances so TB doesn’t have to keep funding us. We also need to make room for players coming through. As long as we keep a core of stalwarts, Dunk, Solly, Pascal etc we should be good.
Yeah this.

But we need to be developing the next tranche of stalwarts though.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
yes it will be interesting to see how far we go with that this summer. caicedo is definitely gone, can see Mac going too, but in terms of proper first teamers being sold, that's where it has to stop for me, this summer. I will be especially gutted and probably very annoyed if we sell mitoma

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I agree its unlikley to be Champions league at The Amex next season, but if we actually get an Europa League or more a possible Conference place, the list of suitor clubs for ALL our players reduces massivley.

Of course we arent going to keep all of our players but the requirements for other clubs to have enough pulling power to "turn " players heads has already gone up several magnitudes over the past 18 months. Realistically we are approaching the the point of only the traditional big six (plus Newcastle now) having the"of course Ill go" response , and every other club is going to require serious thought

Its depressing to see our players constantly linked with moves away-but trhat comes with success, but I think its best to treat most of this speculation as just that, speculation. The fact that a players father comes over to visit his son and watch him play doesnt necessarrily mean the player is off
I disagree(a little bit) . I think we're already at the point where the list of suitor clubs is big six and possibly Newcastle, and have been since the end of last season. No one else can afford what we'd want or offer anything that we couldn't. I really can't see many/any of our players kicking up a fuss about a possible move to Villa, for example.

I think if we make the minor European competitions it won't really affect whether we can or can't keep our players. If Liverpool don't make Europe next year but come in with a suitable bid for Ally Mac or Caicedo I'd still expect them to go.

I think our only hope would be Champions league but even then I'm not confident.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd love him to stay but if we have to lose one player(and I'm desperately hoping it is only one...) this summer then Ally Mac is the next cab off the rank. He's put in his time, performed well and acted with class throughout his time here.

If he does go he'll get nothing but good wishes from me. A class act on and off the pitch.

We will lose Caicedo in the summer. I suspect Ali Mac will go too, but only if he and the club get the right offer. Mitoma I'm a little more optimistic of keeping hold of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here