Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think there is a reasonable chance that all three will be with us next season. It is true that players and agents hold most of the cards these days, but clubs do not normally have to sell, until a player starts to run down their contract. The exception here are;

If the selling club needs the money.
The offer is too good to refuse.
The player is surplus to requirements or no longer committed.

Outside of our prized assets how long have the likes of Jude Bellingham, Declan Rice, James Maddison been in play?

Can I just add that I think that Caceido, Mac Allister and Mitoma are all brilliant and world class, but given that our club does not appear to need to sell, these players do not represent particularly good value in the market.

Mitoma - has little experience of playing at the top level, anyone prepared to pay enough to prize him away from us, is taking on a bigger risk than signing Cuccerella.

Mac Allister - is a fantastic support player, as he demonstrated in the World Cup. As a marque signing, is he going to provide the leadership on the pitch, that might be expected at a larger club?

Caicedo - Okay I am struggling a little bit with this one. Doesn't score enough goals? It may just be that having sold Cucerralla and Trossard in quick succession, it gave the impression that any of our players could be bought at any time. Just maybe the January window, will have forced a few clubs and agents to change their minds and look elsewhere for easier, cheaper or higher profile targets.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So potential replacements:

Mac Allister - Buonanotte

Mitoma - Adringa / Ayari

Caicedo - Moder
On the very little I've seen, I'd suggest Buananotte might be somewhere between Trossard and Lallana as more of an advanced attacking player. But I could be wrong. As mentioned above, Kozlowski could be a Caicedo/Mac replacement.

And in terms of keeping all/any of the three - I think it's down to how well we do this year. If we qualify for Europe then I think we will be (even more) reluctant to let them leave, and I think the players themselves could be persuaded to stay (perhaps not Caicedo).

If we miss out on Europe, we might have to accept that we will lose our key players and next year will be a rebuilding year, to get the promising youngsters up to speed. Whether RDZ would be happy with the progress in that situation might be an issue though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think there is a reasonable chance that all three will be with us next season. It is true that players and agents hold most of the cards these days, but clubs do not normally have to sell, until a player starts to run down their contract. The exception here are;

Outside of our prized assets how long have the likes of Jude Bellingham, Declan Rice, James Maddison been in play?

Can I just add that I think that Caceido, Mac Allister and Mitoma are all brilliant and world class, but given that our club does not appear to need to sell, these players do not represent particularly good value in the market.

Mitoma - has little experience of playing at the top level, anyone prepared to pay enough to prize him away from us, is taking on a bigger risk than signing Cuccerella.

Mac Allister - is a fantastic support player, as he demonstrated in the World Cup. As a marque signing, is he going to provide the leadership on the pitch, that might be expected at a larger club?

Caicedo - Okay I am struggling a little bit with this one. Doesn't score enough goals? It may just be that having sold Cucerralla and Trossard in quick succession, it gave the impression that any of our players could be bought at any time. Just maybe the January window, will have forced a few clubs and agents to change their minds and look elsewhere for easier, cheaper or higher profile targets.
If we sell any of them, it'll be Mac, not Caicedo IMO. Unlike the other two, he's been here for a couple of seasons, he would command a massive fee and ultimately deserves his chance at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He ticks all three boxes.

Mitoma doesn't appear to be in any hurry to move and despite all the noise around Caicedo over the past 6 weeks, he has only been here five minutes so actually he may have to wait another season. I can't say that's such a hardship - he's got 2 countrymen here, is clearly well liked around the squad, and his contract will be improved to reflect his importance as a senior player whilst he's here.

I have no doubt at all that all three will end up at a big club in the next 18 months if they continue their form at this club though, and I have faith in replacements being found. Those replacements may not be quite as good, but good enough that we won't find ourselves in trouble any time soon.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think we’ll do all we can to keep Mitoma. I can’t see an incoming bid big enough to tempt us to sell him this coming summer.

Eventually Adringa would be the natural successor as he’s a left sided, right footed attacker, but very raw at present. Very pacy.

I expect Alexis to go and be replaced in the first team by Buonanotte/Sarmiento.

With Caicedo, if we sell I expect we’ll need to buy to replace. Not sure that Moder or Kozlowski are at that level. Having said that Caicedo was playing for Beershott this time last year and hardly setting the world alight with them but for the odd game.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
If we lose
Mitoma
Mac
Caicedo

I would be really hacked off and would start to consider giving up going every week..

Really what is the point in selling all the family silver to top 4 clubs don’t we want to progress ourselves ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think we’ll do all we can to keep Mitoma. I can’t see an incoming bid big enough to tempt us to sell him this coming summer.

Eventually Adringa would be the natural successor as he’s a left sided, right footed attacker, but very raw at present. Very pacy.

I expect Alexis to go and be replaced in the first team by Buonanotte/Sarmiento.

With Caicedo, if we sell I expect we’ll need to buy to replace. Not sure that Moder or Kozlowski are at that level. Having said that Caicedo was playing for Beershott this time last year and hardly setting the world alight with them but for the odd game.
Given that the 'press' are suggesting 35M for Mitoma he's going nowhere at that price.

I don't have them to hand, but I'd guess that Adringa's stats compare well with Mitoma's at USG, so perhaps he'll be equally ready by next season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The club have a brewing issue on their hands this summer. Alexis, Moises, and Karou are all going to attract big bids from clubs that the players will want to leave for, bu we cant let them all go without destroying the team.
I'd be shocked if we let three players go at once. I know we did last season but Bissouma wasn't renewing his contract and Maupay was falling out of favour:: all of these three are first team regulars with long contracts - I can see Tony digging his heels in (unless we're offered stupid money).

There's also the question of where they'd all go. I imagine Citeh would be wary about buying any one; Arsenal have blotted their copybook after their antics in January; Liverpool and Chelsea won't have CL football to offer (and I imagine Chelsea have had enough of being rinsed by us), and Spurs are notoriously tight. That leaves Man U and abroad. And if we have a European place, it will be harder still

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we lose
Mitoma
Mac
Caicedo

I would be really hacked off and would start to consider giving up going every week..

Really what is the point in selling all the family silver to top 4 clubs don’t we want to progress ourselves ?
Surely it would depend on whether we can suitably replace them? We'll have some good income to fund this.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Surely it would depend on whether we can suitably replace them? We'll have some good income to fund this.
Agreed - in the unlikely eventuality that all 3 go in the summer, we’re looking at what, £200m+ heading the club’s way? Even with our well known succession planning/promoting of internal prospects, I think the club may decide a couple of more established replacements are required to fill the void of 3 such key players.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Having just watched the quite extraordinary Macallister interview, I reckon he will be with us next season unless a £150m bid comes in. What an intelligent and humble guy he is. Thankful too for all the help BHA have given him.
Model professional and still only 24 years old.
Love him!

TNBA

TTF

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If we lose
Mitoma
Mac
Caicedo

As weird as it sounds. It is only about 13 months since Alexis started regularly. About 10 months for caicedo and about 4 months for mitoma. It seems a big leap to leave if we get 250 million for players who have not actually played that much.

I would be gutted but who is to say we won’t be just as good? I think one of the betting firms has tweeted “just imagine how good the bloke Brighton have to replace Mitoma is going to be” made me smile. Enjoy having incredible players.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

I think that's the very definition of optimism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here