Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He wouldn't have any trouble if Dunk had been sold.

If I were Arsenal's manager (whether that be Arteta or someone else) I'd certainly be looking very seriously at Dunk - or a player like him - and splash out for him. There's a team that definitely needs some steel at the back.
True - but I get the feeling that the time for Dunk's big money move to a big club may have passed him by. Agree that any defence weakened by the absence of David Luiz is seriously in need of a Dunk!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He deserves some credit for the goal too. I know it's tempting to award him with an "assist" for the assist, simply because we are happy to see him playing and getting invovled. But actually, the weight and direction of the pass was crucial. Less pace, or slightly to the left or right of Connolly's right foot, and Connolly's (ingenious) pass becomes impossible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He wouldn't have any trouble if Dunk had been sold.

If I were Arsenal's manager (whether that be Arteta or someone else) I'd certainly be looking very seriously at Dunk - or a player like him - and splash out for him. There's a team that definitely needs some steel at the back.

When linked with them in the summer, many Arsenal fans felt dirty at even the thought of the great Arsenal scrapping so low in the barrel just by being linked with Dunk.

Clueless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When linked with them in the summer, many Arsenal fans felt dirty at even the thought of the great Arsenal scrapping so low in the barrel just by being linked with Dunk.

Clueless.

Have you listened to their fans on Arsenal TV, they are beyond help!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you listened to their fans on Arsenal TV, they are beyond help!

They'd bite your hand off for a 4th place finish and Champions League football. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
True - but I get the feeling that the time for Dunk's big money move to a big club may have passed him by. Agree that any defence weakened by the absence of David Luiz is seriously in need of a Dunk!
Dunk's career reminds me a bit of Stoke's Ryan Shawcross, who was outstanding for 2 or 3 seasons, was unfairly overlooked by England (and now he's in the Championship)

I kind of hope Dunk gets the move he deserves, as long as we get a lot of money for him and keep Ben White who is clearly a good prospect. Arsenal would surely be a good fit for Dunk, but so could Spurs if they ever lost Vertonghen. I reckon Newcastle might also be interested if they start spending a lot of money in time for next season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think we'll go back to the back 3 next season.

White - Dunk - Webster

Lampley & Burn/Bernardo bombing down the wings. What a f*cking sight it'll be.

Agreed. All 3 very comfortable bringing the ball out of defence, breaking the lines. Will be a sight to behold.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't see White with us next season. he will either get sold to Leeds or another top 6 side for an obscene amount of money.

Eh? No chance.

Ben White is being scouted by other Prem clubs and being earmarked for a call up to England, why on earth would we let him go to Leeds.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Where's the love for Propper's little over the shoulder flick? :shrug:

Four players, five touches creating a brilliant goal from absolutely nothing. I could watch that sequence all day .... and probably will.
If only there was a gif dude who could create a gif of that move... [emoji848][emoji848]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lost in the win, 3 points, TariqTalk and Potter climb downs, I forgot to mention.

Towards the end of the game I said "nice" twice.

I now can't remember what he did but they were both for something Jocko had done, it might have been just a short cameo (word up) performance, but he still produced...

... which is nice!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Lost in the win, 3 points, TariqTalk and Potter climb downs, I forgot to mention.

I now can't remember what he did but they were both for something Jocko had done, it might have been just a short cameo (word up) performance, but he still produced...

... which is nice!

That volleyed pass into Gross (?) in our own half was a thing of beauty.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

... which is nice!

He did an outrageous first time back heal pass when surrounded by about 3 players. He looks very promising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be them then, thanks for the reminder.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
There were a couple of lovely passes and touches.

Adjusting to the English game still needs time, but hopefully the next five games will give him (and Potter) a chance to do so with little less 'pressure to deliver', so that he can start next season in a good place.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

... which is nice!

He spotted a 30 yard forward pass from a tight spot, can't remember who to but think either Gross or Maupay. Completely removed their midfield from the game and should've resulted in a quick break for us but typically we wasted it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here