[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He needs to get another one or two caps for the Argentine national team b4 he would realistically qualify for a work permit. The next two argentine games for the full squad are in March. He is not coming here in Jan zero chance but a decent chance he will in time for next pre season.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He needs to get another one or two caps for the Argentine national team b4 he would realistically qualify for a work permit. The next two argentine games for the full squad are in March. He is not coming here in Jan zero chance but a decent chance he will in time for next pre season.

I was under the impression he qualified regardless via his Scots heritage, but had been held up prior to the closure of the summer window due to passport issues - not permit issues. Thus the loan move came about with the full intention of the passport issue being resolved come the next window - and him being eligible to remain in the UK long term. Ulloa had a similar complex passport wrangle I recall. If so, he could rock up prior to the end of the month.

Or then again, I could be wrong and we’re reliant on caps securing a permit.

I haven’t read this thread in detail, so yep - it’s likely i’m wrong :/

Hope not.

Can’t we trace Percy back to Scotland too? pretty sure there’s a clan McTau up in Caithness.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Can’t we trace Percy back to Scotland too? pretty sure there’s a clan McTau up in Caithness.

I also have it on good authority he’s seen every episode of outlander

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Percy McTau of the clan McTau!

Someone get it on Wikipedia and I’ll get a Buzzfeed post up referencing it. We can then cite the post on the Wiki article and before long, it’ll be as good as official!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Percy McTau of the clan McTau!

Someone get it on Wikipedia and I’ll get a Buzzfeed post up referencing it. We can then cite the post on the Wiki article and before long, it’ll be as good as official!

Ayeeee this is my wee cousin Davy McTau pal... not so wee, as yer can see... now about that permit...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was under the impression he qualified regardless via his Scots heritage, but had been held up prior to the closure of the summer window due to passport issues - not permit issues. Thus the loan move came about with the full intention of the passport issue being resolved come the next window - and him being eligible to remain in the UK long term. Ulloa had a similar complex passport wrangle I recall. If so, he could rock up prior to the end of the month.

Or then again, I could be wrong and we’re reliant on caps securing a permit.

I haven’t read this thread in detail, so yep - it’s likely i’m wrong :/

Hope not.

This is a work permit issue, Mac Allisters Scottish ancestry is too far back for it to have any positive effect on our attempts to get him into the country and playing for us.

You are correct regarding Ulloa and the passport issues, we were waiting for him to qualify for an EU passport through his Spanish residency. That delayed us signing him for 12-18 months as he would never have qualified for a UK work permit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the bloke doesn't want to come here, sell him for £15m and have done.
Remember, there is a no DH rule
He doesn't say he doesn't want to come here.

If he was an Albion fan playing for bhafc then a comment like "I'd play here for the rest of my career if I could" on Radio Sussex wouldn't seem outrageous.

I'm inclined to ignore it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The title of that article is a load of crap. He doesn’t say he’s not keen on a move to Brighton; he says he’s enjoying his time at Boca, which is what all loan players say about their temporary team.

Chances are he’s desperate to have a crack at playing in arguably the world’s best league with the biggest crowds and more $$$ than he could ever earn in Argie land.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is a work permit issue, Mac Allisters Scottish ancestry is too far back for it to have any positive effect on our attempts to get him into the country and playing for us.

You are correct regarding Ulloa and the passport issues, we were waiting for him to qualify for an EU passport through his Spanish residency. That delayed us signing him for 12-18 months as he would never have qualified for a UK work permit.

Ulloa got a Spanish passport through a grandparent. He’d have needed to have lives and worked in Spain for 10 years to qualify on residency.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ulloa got a Spanish passport through a grandparent. He’d have needed to have lives and worked in Spain for 10 years to qualify on residency.

I always thought it was residency, I'm certain the rules for people living in Spain that are Nationals from Spanish-American countries allow them to apply for citizenship after two years. It's the easy route in for a lot of South American footballers to get Spanish citizenship and an EU passport to play elsewhere.

I'd have thought he'd have been able to get a Spanish passport through a Grandparent when we first started tracking him in the summer of 2011 rather than us having to wait another 18 months for the process to be completed as he wasn't yet entitled to the Spanish passport.

I know Ulloa got Chilean citizenship through a grandparent not long after he moved to Leicester but he turned down their international call ups.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I always thought it was residency, I think the rules for people living in Spain that are Nationals from Spanish-American countries can apply for citizenship after two years. I'd have thought he'd have been able to get a Spanish passport through a Grandparent when we first started tracking him in the summer of 2011 rather than us having to wait another 18 months as he wasn't yet entitled to the Spanish passport.

I know Ulloa got Chilean citizenship through a grandparent not long after he moved to Leicester but he turned down their international call ups.

You may be right about the duration for south Americans - I know it's 10 years for Brits - but I still remember it being a grandparent that qualified him for a Spanish passport in this case. I also recall Ulloa being eligible to play for another country, I doubt he ever applied for citizenship though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He’s on his way
He’s on his way
To the Premier League
Blah blah blah

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
DD6E1266-CF2F-4828-B841-6400C704D13B.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wouldn't be properly available until after the international break. Best leave him be.

He'll be great in Division 2.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A bit like bong for Brexit should we crowdfund the compensation to Boca ? So we can see at least 2 months of games from him before he realises we’ve been relegated ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports