Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are a funny bunch we moan that we need a playmaker and that no players are being signed then when an opportunity arises we start looking for reasons why we should not bring Alexis who by all accounts is the very type of player we need in!

If this work permit story is true and the player has said he wants to leave Boca to join us then book him a plane ticket ( just don't use the same airline as Cardiff )

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolutely ridiculous that we would have to compensate another team to take back OUR player.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is pretty exciting news isn’t it? When will the club or the Argus fill us in on what the intentions are? Flight tracking should be a piece of piss on this one.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wouldn't be properly available until after the international break. Best leave him be.

He'll be great in Division 2.

Why wouldn't he be properly available until after the next break? He's playing regularly in the Argentinian League so will be match fit, I can't see it taking till the end of March for him to be up to speed with our tactics etc, that's longer than a summer window signing would get before the season starts. With the winter break coming up there will be plenty of time to get him up to speed if we get him here in the next few days.

If he's got the work permit lets get him here now.

Absolutely ridiculous that we would have to compensate another team to take back OUR player.

If Boca have paid a fee to take him on loan for the whole season and we are cutting that loan deal short it's not unreasonable of them to want some of that fee back.

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We are a funny bunch we moan that we need a playmaker and that no players are being signed then when an opportunity arises we start looking for reasons why we should not bring Alexis who by all accounts is the very type of player we need in!

If this work permit story is true and the player has said he wants to leave Boca to join us then book him a plane ticket ( just don't use the same airline as Cardiff )

Has he, though? Said he wants to leave, just now at least? He might want to finish off his season at Boca first. We need someone who's fully GAGGING AT THE BIT to fight the good fight right now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he, though? Said he wants to leave, just now at least? He might one to finish off his season at Boca first. We need someone who's fully GAGGING AT THE BIT to fight the good fight right now

I have some relatives who are season ticket holders at Boca...and guess what :wink:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
[tweet]1219470466710155264[/tweet]

Oh good , let’s not worry about potential points if we can save a few quid :facepalm:

Probably do his knee in the last match of the Argentine season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great news if true!

I don’t know if anyone saw this but he played for Argentina u23’s in an Olympics qualifier against Colombia a couple of days ago and was brilliant. Scored, was man of the match but also got sent off late on!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
We need more reaction to this and comment from the club.

Did the club expect the permit to be granted before the end of this season or has this come as a surprise? Does this change their plans now?

Will the player be upset if forced to move to the UK at short notice?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh good , let’s not worry about potential points if we can save a few quid :facepalm:

Probably do his knee in the last match of the Argentine season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, id imagine rushing a young lad over to a foreign country, doesn’t speak English, and throwing him straight into a relegation dog fight probably isn’t the best thing to integrate him

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To be fair, id imagine rushing a young lad over to a foreign country, doesn’t speak English, and throwing him straight into a relegation dog fight probably isn’t the best thing to integrate him

No point buying anyone then unless they're Premier league battle hardened

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Imagine he wasn't already ours. Then imagine the excitement on here if we were signing Boca Juniors creative number 10... an Argentinian international for say 25m.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I’ve imagined it.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To be fair, id imagine rushing a young lad over to a foreign country, doesn’t speak English

Do we know that he doesn't speak English? He's been owned by an English club for some time, it's reasonable to assume that he's had some English lessons in that time

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No point buying anyone then unless they're Premier league battle hardened

We’ve already bought him. And agreed to loan him out for the season. Chill out

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

He plays for Boca in a shin kicking league, I'm sure the poor little darling can cope.

We’ve already bought him. And agreed to loan him out for the season. Chill out

No really? This is breaking news, hold the back page!

Point is if he's too fragile for the lower Premier league dog fight, after playing where he currently plays, then you've really narrowed the pool of available players capable who we could potentially bring in.

We're desperate for creativity further up the field so I'd bring him in now, this doesn't mean we have to throw him into the first match on arrival, but he can train with squad, Potter can look at him and introduce him to the starting line up.

If we wait 3 months to save a few quid then that would be asking a lot of the lad to hit the ground running with just a handful of games to go in the premier league.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

They would have paid a fee to have him for that long so hardly a surprise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here