Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alex Scott

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Would be exciting, but surely Pedro is already the Ali Mac replacement... or is he the Trossard replacement?

What about Buono? He needs someone to leave without a replacement for him to get into the 11.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I haven’t seen the lad play, but I know he is getting raves. In terms of profile it strikes me we’re open to anybody who fits certain criteria, statically and financially. I trust Tony and his team implicitly.

If he came in for circa £30m, and we get £60-70m or even more for Mac Allister, it makes perfect sense to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why would a young English player come to Brighton when the England manager has said he will not pick our players because we play a ‘unique style ?’
Perhaps this sort of transfer will have to wait until we have an England manager competent enough for the job.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Why would a young English player come to Brighton when the England manager has said he will not pick our players because we play a ‘unique style ?’
Perhaps this sort of transfer will have to wait until we have an England manager competent enough for the job.
Has Southgate actually said that specifically?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Buying top young players for the Championship for £30M seems a big change of direction form buying top youngsters from South America for £10M - is it a deliberate change of direction, or just a coincidence that the metrics are pointing at the likes of Scott and Pedro at this moment in time? I wonder what effect buying £30M players might have on our wage structure too.

Personally, I think buying from the Championship instead of South America is a bit less exciting, but that of course is irrelevant in making the right recruitment decisions for the club.
But the key is not just to have one plan need alternative strategies e.g. we took colwillon loan even though we don't take loaners.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Has Southgate actually said that specifically?

He spoke about he form of March and Dunk and then referred to de Zerbi’s unique style. Obviously open to interpretation but he was setting the context for their omission from the squad. A Southgate team won’t be playing this way and he likes to stick with what he knows in terms of personnel and tactics.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

He spoke about he form of March and Dunk and then referred to de Zerbi’s unique style. Obviously open to interpretation but he was setting the context for their omission from the squad. A Southgate team won’t be playing this way and he likes to stick with what he knows in terms of personnel and tactics.
I think the justification in terms of playing style is probably more applicable in the context of omitting Dunk rather than March (or other players further forward in general).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be exciting, but surely Pedro is already the Ali Mac replacement... or is he the Trossard replacement?

What about Buono? He needs someone to leave without a replacement for him to get into the 11.
Why do keep posting the same crap about players leaving because we have signed somebody? It's a squad game. We need more than 11 players. Players need rotating, resting, injuries, loss of form etc etc. If we are serious about Europe we probably need around 20 senior players along with the kids.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Southgate doesn’t like to have the ball. Strategy wise, he’s the exact opposite of RDZ really.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Why do keep posting the same crap about players leaving because we have signed somebody? It's a squad game. We need more than 11 players. Players need rotating, resting, injuries, loss of form etc etc. If we are serious about Europe we probably need around 20 senior players along with the kids.
Young players will never get better if they never play.

Encisco, Buono all came to get regular game time, not be left on the bench.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We have bought Maupay and Webster from the Championship for big bucks. Maybe there's others I have forgotten. My take is that it's business as usual i.e. we look at home as well as abroad and if the player fits we try and buy him.

Also if we harbour thoughts of playing in Europe regularly we’re going to need to make sure we have enough HGP’s in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here