Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott @ Sky Sports.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This.

It’s positive discrimination.

Sky/BBC would never admit that of course, but after a raft of embarrassing sexist scandals such as the BBC’s greater pay scale for males and getting rid of female presenters only when they reached middle age, they’re making great efforts to redress their sexism.

I don’t mind her input either, I don’t get the “Oh no, not them yet again” feeling, as Shearer and Jenas dominate these gigs.

Every other big company is doing it..........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Am really happy mate. Won't name names but every 'thumb' I've had on this thread has been an 'up'. Goes to show most agree with me. So Barca V Liverpool kicking off soon, if was on Sky no doubt Alex Scott would be a studio guest probably alongside Souness and Carragher and no doubt another ex player with links to both clubs, can you honesty say her opinion is a valid one alongside Souness and Carragher who have won the CL 4 times between them? Can she really say with any gravitas 'what I would've done in that situation is xyz.' Sorry that ain't sexist, it's realist.

Thumbs down button was removed ages ago.......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Am really happy mate. Won't name names but every 'thumb' I've had on this thread has been an 'up'. Goes to show most agree with me. So Barca V Liverpool kicking off soon, if was on Sky no doubt Alex Scott would be a studio guest probably alongside Souness and Carragher and no doubt another ex player with links to both clubs, can you honesty say her opinion is a valid one alongside Souness and Carragher who have won the CL 4 times between them? Can she really say with any gravitas 'what I would've done in that situation is xyz.' Sorry that ain't sexist, it's realist.

No worries. I watched the game. Mr Potato head cliche bollocks Michael Owen was the pundit. His punditry was unpolished pub football. So......give me someone, anyone with a bit of insight and humour....

As for thumbs....NSC only does 'up' (and rightly so). I have had over 10,000, so that means on average I must be right, right? :wink:

All the best. Football is a funny old game :thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think she's pretty good and insightful... Unlike Souness for example, who can't even be bothered to DO THE JOB HE'S PAID TO DO:

“Let me tell you. You can watch any football programme and they’ll talk about systems and tactics and formations, substitutions, preparation. It’s quite simply a game of football.

“If you first get right that you’re first to the ball, you’re on the front foot, and you’re going forward, you’re playing on the front foot and you’re attacking, and tactics then after that might come into play.

“If the tactics come first, ‘We’re going to go out, we’re going to have this system, we’re going to do this tactically’ but you’re second to the ball, your tactics go out the window.

*Souness throws pen*

“You might as well (mimes washing hands of situation),” he added. “And I’m fed up listening to people talk bull about tactics and formations and too much football science.

“Get first to the ball and you’ve got a chance in football. Don’t get first to the ball, you’ve got no chance. Simple as. simple as.”

I'm not saying he's wrong as such, but he's missing the point of punditry if he thinks all he has to do is ignore tactics and bang on about who "wants it more"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
All good fun winding up the 'oh so trendy look at me I embrace diversity' types on here. The types who would watch women throwing dog sh*t at each other if it helped them showcase their politically correct credentials.

we’ll said because if all the leftys get there way we will only be aloud to watch the proper game if shown weve watched a birds game to and its a scientiffic fact that they cant catch but the pro women bbc wont publish the information so you have to rely on facebook

Regards
DR

Stumpy Tim

we’ll said because if all the leftys get there way we will only be aloud to watch the proper game if shown weve watched a birds game to and its a scientiffic fact that they cant catch but the pro women bbc wont publish the information so you have to rely on facebook

Regards
DR

Can someone translate?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Sue Smith - the scouser on Sky seems to be the most knowledgeable about the game when she's doing the summarising in studio. You can tell she knows what she's talking about, way better than Alex Scott for me.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
As I've mentioned before, if I were a FIFA supremo, the change in the law that I'd bring in is that all professional clubs would have to include two women in their teams. It would completely change the dynamic of the game - we'd have far less hoofball and would be a great challenge to managers: how would they incorporate the females?

It would transform women's football overnight

tHATS THE END OF THE REAL GAME AS WE KNOW IT

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
140 appearances for England and represented the country in the Olympics. Think I'll take her views over some of the dinosaurs in this topic.

On this basis we should be hearing from five a side Sunday league players giving their opinions of the Premiership games

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sue Smith - the scouser on Sky seems to be the most knowledgeable about the game when she's doing the summarising in studio. You can tell she knows what she's talking about, way better than Alex Scott for me.
Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here