Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott @ Sky Sports.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In a rubbish standard!!! So would that give a county league player with a similar numerical trophy haul the right to be a pundit?

Absolutely not as County League is nowhere near the standard to women's pro football.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are you able to prove this? I acknowledge I can't prove that CL is better than birds football or vice versa.

Having played football from the age of seven until I was 49, with a good few seasons in County League football, I think I can make a judgement but no, I can't prove it. In my opinion County League football is now a much lower standard than it was in my day, but I can't prove that either. I am fairly sure though that God doesn't exist and that talking to strangers on the tube is frowned upon.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Your posts show you to be clearly sexist.

Realist not sexist. As I said anyone nowadays who dares stray from the accepted trendy liberal line and who expresses the 'wrong' kind of view invariably gets an 'ist' jibe thrown at them. Funny really as the liberal types are always the first to preach 'understanding' and 'tolerance' but have none to those who express a view they don't agree with and instead resort to the time hunoured and lazy 'sexist' jibe.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Your posts show you to be clearly sexist.

Er, 'clearly' they do not.

He is making his argument on the basis of competance. He believes you need to have acquired experience in the game at the applicable level to pass analytical comment on it. That's where I disagree, I think just about anybody can give good insight on football if they know their stuff.

I can make that point without the need to suggest he disrespects/hates women or something absurdly ridiculous like that.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Er, 'clearly' they do not.

He is making his argument on the basis of competance. He believes you need to have acquired experience in the game at the applicable level to pass analytical comment on it. That's where I disagree, I think just about anybody can give good insight on football if they know their stuff.

I can make that point without the need to suggest he disrespects/hates women or something absurdly ridiculous like that.

Exactly.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1. None of that is a requirement for being a pundit and 2. The comment "Birds football" amoung others.

1. Do you live in a parallel universe? Nearly all pundits in this country (unlike europe) are ex pros so it seems like it is a requirement. You just backed up the point for which I disagree with him on which is rather strange. I would be just as likely to question why Alan Shearer is there as I am Alex Scott.

2. If referring to women as 'birds' is a throwaway sexist remark, then it is rife in the youth of today. Somehow I don't think this pertains to prejudice.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It is nothing to do with towing the 'trendy line', whtever that is. If you think women can not have an opinion on a game because they are women, like you do, that is OBVIOUSLY sexist.
Of course any woman can have an opinion on any sport just like any man. You don't have to agree with their opinion but it is not invalid becaise they are a woman.

It’s not about women not being allowed an opinion, it’s about one women being paid thousands of pounds to state it on TV. There is a big difference.

I don’t mind Alex Scott, she’s OK, but I can’t seriously believe anybody genuinely thinks she is there because of her footballing insight rather than her sex.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
It is nothing to do with towing the 'trendy line', whtever that is. If you think women can not have an opinion on a game because they are women, like you do, that is OBVIOUSLY sexist.
Of course any woman can have an opinion on any sport just like any man. You don't have to agree with their opinion but it is not invalid becaise they are a woman.

Agree women can indeed have an opinion on football or anything, as indeed can anyone. However I'm not interested in hearing a women or indeed a man's 'expert' opinion on a standard of football they have not played. To me it has no validity. I want to hear the views of players who have played at that level be it PL or UCL.If they had the Forest Green Rovers right back as an 'expert' who had never played at a higher level I (and probably most of the viewers) would be thinking 'well what does he know' as he has not played football at this level, he doesn't know whats it like to face Messi in front of 90k at the Nou Camp. So to hear him say 'I would've shown him inside' in that situation wouldn't hold much gravitas. It's probably why the Forest Green Rovers right back has never featured as an 'expert' in the studio.

So if me saying I want to hear the views of players who have played football to the level they've played at. makes me a sexist then I plead guilty.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
1. Do you live in a parallel universe? Nearly all pundits in this country (unlike europe) are ex pros so it seems like it is a requirement. You just backed up the point for which I disagree with him on which is rather strange. I would be just as likely to question why Alan Shearer is there as I am Alex Scott.

2. If referring to women as 'birds' is a throwaway sexist remark, then it is rife in the youth of today. Somehow I don't think this pertains to prejudice.

Ah get over ya self and don't be so over analytical..........'pertains to prejudice' you what?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
And yet people like Mourinhio would and have been acceptable in the past. Give over.

Absolutely he would. Yawns at the usual 'Wenger and Mourinho' argument that is always trotted out. Yeah Alex Scott or JM or AW offering an opinion at HT........hmmm I wonder.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why? You only have to watch her and others to see that their insight is at the same standard as the regular male pundits. So she has proven to be qualified.

Oh FFS come on, you don’t believe that, you can’t. You honestly think the BBC did a load of interviews for the position, male and female, and she was the best candidate?

Bullshit. Someone at the BBC said ‘We need to get a woman pundit on the panel’, and she was the best one they could find. I don’t necessarily have a problem with that, but anyone who doesn’t think that is the case is deluded.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
If anyone is the snowflake it is you after getting all riled up over a woman on tv. Its ok, maybe we can find you safe space with men on the tv so it does not upset you.

Doesn't rile me in the least!! Find it amusing really as you just know Souness and Carragher are thinking 'wtf' is going on here but they ain't gonna rock the boat are they.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You don't have to have played the game to know the technical details of what is happening. You need good knowledge of the game and good communication skills. Neither of those require playing the game.

Well i have a good knowledge of the game and given what I do for a living I have good communication skills and I've played park football an all so gissajob sky.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I expect them to be in a lot of trouble if they did not conduct interviews, post the job and hire the best candidate.

I’m sure the paper trail will show the correct procedures, they aren’t stupid.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I expect them to be in a lot of trouble if they did not conduct interviews, post the job and hire the best candidate.

OMG you are deluded..........you honestly think the females are there on merit? Quotas not merit is the name of the game on the BBC and indeed the Labour party......hence Diane Abbott

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Only if you assume they are as sexist as you. To be honest, it amazes me that the mods on here allow such sexist filth to be spouted.

Ha ha are you for real? Go and pour ya self a herbal tea and read the Guardian. I'm having a lager and reading the Daily Mail.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
YES! You only have to listen to them to realise that. If she wrote a script that shearer then read you would be waxing lyrical about how amazing he was.
I am just ignoring your last comment.

Can you prove this? Have you seen me 'lax lyrical' about Shearer before? Or any other male pundit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here