Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:jester:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
British Bulldog said:
This is where January becomes a big turning point for the club as a whole. We've got a young and potentially very good squad at the moment who are bound to attract attention from bigger clubs, But it's what Dick Knight decides to do in January that counts!

Will he decide to cash in on our youngsters to keep plugging this black hole? Or will he fight tooth and nail to keep the squad together and be willing to invest in players like Whing & Bowdich who can help push us on to greater things?

Either way we'll have a better idea by the end of January where we're going!

The sad thing is there's a lot of fans who sit at home looking for an excuse not to go to the Withdean who will be the first one's complaining that we're having to sell our assets yet again!

I might be wrong of course, but I think what will determine whether we sell in January or not, will depend on how we,re doing. If we,re in the play-offs places, Dick Knight will probably sell one or two players.....I think it,s pretty obvious from his statements at the beginning of the season, he believes, we cannot afford or sustain Championship football until the stadium is on the hororizon. Sadly, to me, looks a "no-win " situation for us supporters.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
FORKS

Stumpy Tim

$500k for Lynch is not enough... we should be looking at $1m for our youngsters. Remember we're getting around $300k from the West Ham game, so hopefully that will pay a few bills. If one player goes (and I think it will only be one - probably Lynch) then I hope we reinvest - maybe buy someone like Bowditch. Maybe Charlton will give us John on a free too? He's nowhere near the first team

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If dick knight is a wise man which I think he is he will Hedge.

Come January if we are higher than now then no one goes as crowds and momentum need to be maintained as well. If we are a bit lower then he may take the best bid on a player.

A clear out makes no rational sense. I think people here are in headless chicken mode. Remind me exactly how many different clubs were going to sign Zamora?

Sit down, calm down and shut the f*** up. Dont beleive any of it unless it comes from the club, theres no point unless you want to start unsettling players.

looney, the voice of reason as always.:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Adams is after a quality lower league striker, surely Billy Sharpe would be top of his list.

Jim in the West said:
Actually, I've seen Plan B, and it's Sam Gargan - better than Gatting already, in my opinion, and I think he's only 17. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Sonny Cobbs in the first team squad before the end of the season if we're not going for the play-offs. Great thing is, both are Brighton born & bred.

However, I really, really hope we can keep the current first team squad together....it would be a real shame for the likes of Cox, Robinson, Lynch, Revell, et al to ply their trade in Coventry reserves.

Cox would go into their first team straight away and not look out of place, the others I agree would either take time in the Reserves or struggle.

Last edited:

British Bulldog said:
The sad thing is there's a lot of fans who sit at home looking for an excuse not to go to the Withdean who will be the first one's complaining that we're having to sell our assets yet again!

We tend to have a different take on things but on this I agree with you 100%.

cjd said:
I might be wrong of course, but I think what will determine whether we sell in January or not, will depend on how we,re doing. If we,re in the play-offs places, Dick Knight will probably sell one or two players.....I think it,s pretty obvious from his statements at the beginning of the season, he believes, we cannot afford or sustain Championship football until the stadium is on the hororizon. Sadly, to me, looks a "no-win " situation for us supporters.

I don't think he said he didn't want promotion - I would imagine he would just merely for the TV revenues alone.

I think he speculated that it would take a season for the young players to fully develop. As good as the results are rolling in right now, it's a long season and he might well be right.

I'm very pleased our players are being speculated about because it means they are playing well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the club must realise that the likes of Revell, Lynch and Cox are worth a lot more if they are regularly playing in the Championship than in League 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here