Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell linked to Coventry City

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beach Hut said:
When you have a young team that is doing OK everyone gets interested in players.

Exactly. There will be loads of people scouting the likes of Robinson and Cox but there's a big difference between watching someone, wanting to sign someone, and actually signing them. As for Revell, I'd be very suprised if he went to Coventry.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Spoke to Alex in Churchill Square today....this is bollocks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But surely we always knew that any sensible offer could never be refused.

As I said Alex is unaware of anything, however when MP said on the show that no-one would be sold, most people took that with a pinch of salt. We all know what the financial state of teh business is and if someone came in with a decent bid for Coxy, Jake and whoever we would have to look at it. If LDC persue this action and force a further PE, then those costs will have to be found ......one decent sale of say Cox for half a million would immediatly releive the situation.

the guy on the phone in last night reconed it would be a disaster if we went up.....therefore, if mid table is what people want, then surely cashing in on one or two players is not that much of a problem.

I personally would hang on to all of them and push for promotion...I want to see us playing against Championship teams rather than Cheltenham!!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What state of affairs are we gonna be in? February 1st, if we've lost Lynch,Cox, Jake & Revell.It don't bear thinking about

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
But surely we always knew that any sensible offer could never be refused.

As I said Alex is unaware of anything, however when MP said on the show that no-one would be sold, most people took that with a pinch of salt. We all know what the financial state of teh business is and if someone came in with a decent bid for Coxy, Jake and whoever we would have to look at it. If LDC persue this action and force a further PE, then those costs will have to be found ......one decent sale of say Cox for half a million would immediatly releive the situation.

the guy on the phone in last night reconed it would be a disaster if we went up.....therefore, if mid table is what people want, then surely cashing in on one or two players is not that much of a problem.

I personally would hang on to all of them and push for promotion...I want to see us playing against Championship teams rather than Cheltenham!!

Selling off the next generation of Albion stars in January will finish off the club quicker than LDC could ever hope for IMHO. Cos there will be no plan B available on the pitch - unless Dick Knight's planning on playing the Under-15s in League One next season :rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tom Hark said:
Selling off the next generation of Albion stars in January will finish off the club quicker than LDC could ever hope for IMHO. Cos there will be no plan B available on the pitch - unless Dick Knight's planning on playing the Under-15s in League One next season :rolleyes:

so you dont agree with the economics argument some people are peddling then?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
so you dont agree with the economics argument some people are peddling then?

Well, the money's got to come from somewhere for sure. And being a selling club is part of that. But the only thing a large number of punters are going to come and see are the on-pitch performances i.e. they want a bit of entertainment for their twenty plus notes. It's the downward spiral we were talking about last season. lower class of entertainment = lower number of season ticket renewals = less money to spend of squad strengthening.

I'd say hang on to Jake/Cox/Revell/Lynch til the end of the season as a minimum - if only to ensure the season ticket renewal rate if nothing else. They're only young kids, their value is hardly likely to decrease before the summer. In some cases it may actually double.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Complete Badger said:
Why the hell are we not giving him a new contract? He only signed up for a year, and it seems pretty obvious that come the end of the season we won't want to release him, so why not get him tied down to another couple of years now?

We have the option for a 2nd year

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Tom Hark said:

Actually, I've seen Plan B, and it's Sam Gargan - better than Gatting already, in my opinion, and I think he's only 17. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Sonny Cobbs in the first team squad before the end of the season if we're not going for the play-offs. Great thing is, both are Brighton born & bred.

However, I really, really hope we can keep the current first team squad together....it would be a real shame for the likes of Cox, Robinson, Lynch, Revell, et al to ply their trade in Coventry reserves.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tom Hark said:
It's going to be lke a bloody car boot sale at the club come January. No reasonable offer refused :(

This is where January becomes a big turning point for the club as a whole. We've got a young and potentially very good squad at the moment who are bound to attract attention from bigger clubs, But it's what Dick Knight decides to do in January that counts!

Will he decide to cash in on our youngsters to keep plugging this black hole? Or will he fight tooth and nail to keep the squad together and be willing to invest in players like Whing & Bowdich who can help push us on to greater things?

Either way we'll have a better idea by the end of January where we're going!

The sad thing is there's a lot of fans who sit at home looking for an excuse not to go to the Withdean who will be the first one's complaining that we're having to sell our assets yet again!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Today's Sunday People claims Adams is watching Cox and Revell, and that Stoke have already agreed a £500k price with the Albion for Lynch.

Chinny reckon* :p

*means I don't really believe it, for those of you under 25.

I hope it's not true :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here