Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's UEFA Europa League squad lists

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think so but that makes no difference - we have plenty of association-trained players.

The issue is club-trained players - if we drop March we only have 3, so we lose one slot of the A list 25. There's no-one else club-trained who wouldn't be available via the B List anyway.

(Unless we re-sign a club-trained ex-player in January!)
Shortlist of ex players that fit the brief of being club trained, good enough, and play in a position we need reinforcements.

Ben White.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And Solly still in....I wonder if he'll be back in time.
Nothing would have been achieved by delisting him. We couldn’t have replaced him as he’s a club trained player and no other player qualifies to replace him. If by some miracle he’s fit then he’s in the squad and an option, nothing lost by keeping him in there.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nothing would have been achieved by delisting him. We couldn’t have replaced him as he’s a club trained player and no other player qualifies to replace him. If by some miracle he’s fit then he’s in the squad and an option, nothing lost by keeping him in there.
Ah I didn't know that. Thank you

:thumbsup:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

These four club trained players have to have been registered to the club between the ages of 15 and 21.

Frustrating as we have the likes of Ferguson who have been here since age 16, all seems fairly arbitrary.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
These four club trained players have to have been registered to the club between the ages of 15 and 21.

Frustrating as we have the likes of Ferguson who have been here since age 16, all seems fairly arbitrary.
Club trained players have to have played for the club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21. At the start of the season Evan Ferguson hadn’t been here for 3 years so didn’t qualify as home grown. He would qualify as home grown from next season.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Club trained players have to have played for the club for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21. At the start of the season Evan Ferguson hadn’t been here for 3 years so didn’t qualify as home grown. He would qualify as home grown from next season.
Ok, well that's more like it then! Presumably then players who we signed at age 18 will eventually fall under that category too, like Buonanotte, Kozlowski, Mazilu...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Ferguson was registered with Albion in Janury 2021 so he now qualifies as a club-trained player. However, there is zero reason for Albion to move him from a B list player to an A list player this month, regardless of the likelihood of March featuring again this season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Ferguson was registered with Albion in Janury 2021 so he now qualifies as a club-trained player. However, there is zero reason for Albion to move him from a B list player to an A list player this month, regardless of the likelihood of March featuring again this season.
I wasn’t sure if the rules for squad qualification were set to a date at the start of the season or if they took into account any changes to qualification when the squads are renamed for the second half of the season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wasn’t sure if the rules for squad qualification were set to a date at the start of the season or if they took into account any changes to qualification when the squads are renamed for the second half of the season.
I can't see any mention that the rules apply as of the start of that season, but I wouldn't claim to be an expert on UEFA's regulations!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here