Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's UEFA Europa League squad lists

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So we can add one player without removing any but we wouldn't be able to remove any players which are trained at Club?

Tricky if we sign more than 1 players as you would have though anyone getting removed would be seriously disgruntled.

Imagine Moder and Enciso would be a bit peeved by not being added for starters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So we can basically only bring one player into the European squad? That's actually quite annoying, with regards January signings. At least our injury woes should've eased a fair bit by Feb/March.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So we can add one player without removing any but we wouldn't be able to remove any players which are trained at Club?

Tricky if we sign more than 1 players as you would have though anyone getting removed would be seriously disgruntled.

Imagine Moder and Enciso would be a bit peeved by not being added for starters.

So we can basically only bring one player into the European squad? That's actually quite annoying, with regards January signings. At least our injury woes should've eased a fair bit by Feb/March.

I imagine any player making a January moving to a club playing in Europe knows there is a risk they may not be involved in that competition because of the squad rules UEFA have in place.

Moder is likely to be named but I guess it's a waiting game with Enciso. I think all squads need to be named before the play-off round takes place, even for clubs already through to the round of 16. So a lot will depend on how close Julio is to a return in Feb/March and him suffering no further set-backs for us to name him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I imagine any player making a January moving to a club playing in Europe knows there is a risk they may not be involved in that competition because of the squad rules UEFA have in place.

Moder is likely to be named but I guess it's a waiting game with Enciso. I think all squads need to be named before the play-off round takes place, even for clubs already through to the round of 16. So a lot will depend on how close Julio is to a return in Feb/March and him suffering no further set-backs for us to name him.
Genuinely gutting to not have Enciso if it comes to it. He could be exactly what we miss on a big knockout night.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Genuinely gutting to not have Enciso if it comes to it. He could be exactly what we miss on a big knockout night.

Totally agree, I'd be tempted to take the risk he'd be fit at some point and name him anyway as a big stage like that would be something he'd thrive on. Even if it's coming off the bench he's got the x-factor to do something special.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Given the transfer window and ability to register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players (whilst still adhering to the 25 man squad rules) I thought I'd put this together:

Goalkeepers
1. Verbruggen
2 .Steele
3. McGill (Trained at Club)

Defenders
4. Lamptey
5. Igor
6. Webster
7. Dunk (Trained at Club)
8. Van Hecke
9. Estupinan
10. Veltman

Midfielders
11. Milner
12. March (Trained at Club)
13. Dahoud
14. Gilmour
15. Gross
16. Lallana
17. Baleba
18. Mitoma
19. Buonanotte
20. Hinshelwood (Trained at Club)

Forwards
21. Pedro
22. Welbeck
23. Adingra
24. Fati

Vacant

B List (Don't need to be registered on A List to play)
GK. Reid
DF. Jackson, Nilsson, Kavanagh, McConville
MF. Hinchy, Chouchance, Ifill, Albarus
FW. Ferguson, Duffus
Players under 21, who have been at the club for 2 years do not need to be registered.

The squad must include 4 players trained for 3 years at the club before their 21st birthday (McGill, Dunk, March, Hinshelwood).
The squad must include 4 players trained for 3 years in the nation before their 21st birthday (Steele, Webster, Lamptey, Milner, Gilmour, Lallana, Pedro, Welbeck).

Players not registered who'd need to be if we wanted to use them.. Moder, Enciso, Mazilu.
There's probably a few recent U21 signings too, but not sure anyone would really care for me looking them up.. but likes of Atom and Flower who joined us in 2023.

So, anyone we sign in January, will need to be registered if want to play them in Europe. One addition can come at no cost, but could be a player already here (Moder, Enciso, Mazilu for example). Assuming we bring in at least 2 new players, at least 2 players would have to drop out. I would imagine March stays in the squad regardless of his injury, because I can't see how we could replace him with a player who'd meet the trained at club criteria. Technically I think Ferguson could, but why 'waste' a move putting Ferguson in the A List when he can play for us anyway on the B List.
It isn't quite right to say the squad must include 8 homegrown players, it is more accurate to say that you can't have more than 17 non home grown players, you can name a squad of just 17 players, all foreign, and play in the competition. You can name up to a further 4 that are nationally home grown, and up to another 4 that are club homegrown.
Please excuse the pedantry.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It isn't quite right to say the squad must include 8 homegrown players, it is more accurate to say that you can't have more than 17 non home grown players, you can name a squad of just 17 players, all foreign, and play in the competition. You can name up to a further 4 that are nationally home grown, and up to another 4 that are club homegrown.
Please excuse the pedantry.
I'll excuse the pedantry, but that clarification still leaves us with what @Turkey indicated the core issue is (and I can be corrected if I've misunderstood), which is that we can only add one player to that list and if we want to add another, we need to exclude player/s.
So that means:
-- even if there are no excluded players, it's currently a decision between Moder and Enciso (that's sidelining Mazilu immediately, and not including any new signings)
-- March would be the obvious player to exclude, but that doesn't benefit us, because he's a club-grown player (and we've got no others to replace him with)
-- there's nobody remotely obvious to exclude from the remaining players (unless somebody's got a worse injury than we know about)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll excuse the pedantry, but that clarification still leaves us with what @Turkey indicated the core issue is (and I can be corrected if I've misunderstood), which is that we can only add one player to that list and if we want to add another, we need to exclude player/s.
So that means:
-- even if there are no excluded players, it's currently a decision between Moder and Enciso (that's sidelining Mazilu immediately, and not including any new signings)
-- March would be the obvious player to exclude, but that doesn't benefit us, because he's a club-grown player (and we've got no others to replace him with)
-- there's nobody remotely obvious to exclude from the remaining players (unless somebody's got a worse injury than we know about)
Difficult call depending on various recoveries and any new signings…….could see the likes of Dahoud and Lamptey perhaps being left out if there are others available

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Given the transfer window and ability to register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players (whilst still adhering to the 25 man squad rules) I thought I'd put this together:

Goalkeepers
1. Verbruggen
2 .Steele

Defenders
4. Lamptey
5. Igor
6. Webster
8. Van Hecke
9. Estupinan
10. Veltman

Midfielders
11. Milner
13. Dahoud
14. Gilmour
15. Gross
16. Lallana
17. Baleba
18. Mitoma
19. Buonanotte

Forwards
21. Pedro
22. Welbeck
23. Adingra
24. Fati

Vacant

GK. Reid
FW. Ferguson, Duffus
Players under 21, who have been at the club for 2 years do not need to be registered.

The squad must include 4 players trained for 3 years at the club before their 21st birthday (McGill, Dunk, March, Hinshelwood).
The squad must include 4 players trained for 3 years in the nation before their 21st birthday (Steele, Webster, Lamptey, Milner, Gilmour, Lallana, Pedro, Welbeck).

Players not registered who'd need to be if we wanted to use them.. Moder, Enciso, Mazilu.
There's probably a few recent U21 signings too, but not sure anyone would really care for me looking them up.. but likes of Atom and Flower who joined us in 2023.

So, anyone we sign in January, will need to be registered if want to play them in Europe. One addition can come at no cost, but could be a player already here (Moder, Enciso, Mazilu for example). Assuming we bring in at least 2 new players, at least 2 players would have to drop out. I would imagine March stays in the squad regardless of his injury, because I can't see how we could replace him with a player who'd meet the trained at club criteria. Technically I think Ferguson could, but why 'waste' a move putting Ferguson in the A List when he can play for us anyway on the B List.
Without understanding the logistics

Get rid of Lamptey - never gonna play is he, he's a cripple and not trusted. Love him but it's not gonna happen. Bring in Enciso and the one new signing we might maybe make. Job done. Pointless wasting a squad space on Lamptey if we have others coming in who are available, and if push comes to shove, Lallana. But it's also not likely we'll buy British trained players to come in and replace them so I've typed all that for nothing.

TLDR: Fill the gap with Enciso and nothing else will change

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

Goalkeepers
1. Verbruggen
2 .Steele

Defenders
4. Lamptey
5. Igor
6. Webster
8. Van Hecke
9. Estupinan
10. Veltman

Midfielders
11. Milner
13. Dahoud
14. Gilmour
15. Gross
16. Lallana
17. Baleba
18. Mitoma
19. Buonanotte

Forwards
21. Pedro
22. Welbeck
23. Adingra
24. Fati

Vacant

GK. Reid
FW. Ferguson, Duffus

Won't estupinan be nation trained? From his time at Watford?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Difficult call depending on various recoveries and any new signings…….could see the likes of Dahoud and Lamptey perhaps being left out if there are others available

Was thinking of the exact same two players… The club will have to be ruthless.

Moder is getting more minutes than Dahoud currently so you’d think there’s a decision to be made…

There is no chance Enciso isn’t included in the squad, barring a serious injury set back. That’s the spare spot gone.

The likes of Lamptey & Webster (harsh after Tuesday) will be looking over their shoulder if we do make any signings.

Jimmy Grimble

Lallana hadn’t clocked any minutes in the Europa until that last 15 minutes against Marseille where he was very good.

If it wasn’t for that (and the other occasions where he’s done similar in the league), I’d be inclined to drop him out the playing squad but still have him travel with the team etc. That’s providing we actually sign someone of serious calibre.

Though the more I think about it the more I think it should be Dahoud. Hard to envisage him contributing more than Lallana currently.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep. Really difficult. Those two would be high up on my list too. I do wonder whether Lallana could be talked through being left out too. His experience will be invaluable (you could say the same of Dahoud too though), but how many minutes will he get, especially if you factor in the position he plays in (which might prove to be what saves Lamptey). On all these points, Milner's positional flexibility and experience means that he has to feature on the list.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. Really difficult. Those two would be high up on my list too. I do wonder whether Lallana could be talked through being left out too. His experience will be invaluable (you could say the same of Dahoud too though), but how many minutes will he get, especially if you factor in the position he plays in (which might prove to be what saves Lamptey). On all these points, Milner's positional flexibility and experience means that he has to feature on the list.
Facu getting up to speed in the 10 position does impact Lallana potentially………would take him on the trip though even if not in the squad if was DeZ. Agree re Milner - if it’s one of those two for experience his versatility (and fitness) puts him ahead by a distance.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Enciso has to be in that squad, simply has to be. He has that X factor we may need if we want to win this thing. I think the players we have are fine IF we can get them fit.

New signings can play in the league / FA cup if needs be.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lamptey is 100% being removed for new signing full back.

Would guess dahoud would be if we want moder in.

And enciso takes the spare spot.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I think so but that makes no difference - we have plenty of association-trained players.

The issue is club-trained players - if we drop March we only have 3, so we lose one slot of the A list 25. There's no-one else club-trained who wouldn't be available via the B List anyway.

(Unless we re-sign a club-trained ex-player in January!)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think so, as he spent most of that time out on loan in Spain - but I could be wrong. Either way, it makes no difference really as we have plenty of players that count towards the trained in nation criteria.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I don't think so, as he spent most of that time out on loan in Spain - but I could be wrong. Either way, it makes no difference really as we have plenty of players that count towards the trained in nation criteria.
Yeah I don't know what loans count as. Feels a bit harsh to not consider it as part of the club or country training though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here