Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's UEFA Europa League squad lists

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Heard of Duffus - pretty sure he's played for the U21s - but Zane Albarus? No, not a scooby. Sounds like the recruitment team are scouting Hogwarts now!

Edit: checked the club's website - he's in the U18s apparantly!
He is the age of a second year scholar this season (although he was a fully-contracted professional as of the end of last season).

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
UEFA have a few of the player’s nationalities incorrect

McGill as ENG instead of CAN
Lamptey as ENG instead of GHA
Alzate as ENG instead of COL
Couchane as FRA instead of TUN

Guess their researchers didn’t look too much past country of birth

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
UEFA have a few of the player’s nationalities incorrect

McGill as ENG instead of CAN
Lamptey as ENG instead of GHA
Alzate as ENG instead of COL
Couchane as FRA instead of TUN

Guess their researchers didn’t look too much past country of birth

It is the club who submit this data to UEFA. There is a difference between the nationality of a person and the country(ies) they are permitted to represent.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Heard of Duffus - pretty sure he's played for the U21s - but Zane Albarus? No, not a scooby. Sounds like the recruitment team are scouting Hogwarts now!

Perhaps strange that they've named these, because surely not a scooby's they're getting near our bench - but does look like they've entered all the eligible U-23's, plus Albarus from the U18's who I guess they think highly of.

What is a bit strange is that Offiah is eligible to be on the list - but isn't. Maybe we thought he was going on loan? But he can of course be added anytime.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I suspect when Moder is fit he will be added to list A in place of Alzate (who left on loan after the list went in). Deadline for that is 2 Feb.

I suspect when Enciso is fit he will be added to list B as he's eligible and it's unlimited, so no-one needs bumping.

Also list B players can be added up to midnight CET before the relevant game, so element of surprise and all that.

Really glad we've named plenty of the youngsters too. Even if they don't get to play, it'll be great for them to train/travel and be part of it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I suspect when Moder is fit he will be added to list A in place of Alzate (who left on loan after the list went in). Deadline for that is 2 Feb.

I suspect when Enciso is fit he will be added to list B as he's eligible and it's unlimited, so no-one needs bumping.

Also list B players can be added up to midnight CET before the relevant game, so element of surprise and all that.

Really glad we've named plenty of the youngsters too. Even if they don't get to play, it'll be great for them to train/travel and be part of it.
Enciso isn't eligible for List B

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Perhaps strange that they've named these, because surely not a scooby's they're getting near our bench - but does look like they've entered all the eligible U-23's, plus Albarus from the U18's who I guess they think highly of.

What is a bit strange is that Offiah is eligible to be on the list - but isn't. Maybe we thought he was going on loan? But he can of course be added anytime.

Edited, because the players I mentioned aren't qualified to be named on the B list.

@Kalimantan Gull - Offiah is on loan at Hearts, of course.

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Really, OK, well that would explain it :) I was going from the squad lists on the official website, more fool me!
Technically yes, but he can’t back to Brighton a week or two back after a medical episode, which hopefully isn’t anything serious. Either way I can’t see him being involved for a while.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

On loan at Hearts - but now back at Brighton, health/injury issue?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The A-list has to have eight 'locally-trained' players, of which four have to have been 'club-trained' - i.e. registered to the club between the ages of 15 and 21 - so thats Dunk, March, McGill and Hinshelwood. That will be why Hinshelwood is on the A-list, although we could have left the spot blank (or put Ferguson there).
I don’t think Ferguson is eligible to be considered club trained yet as the rules state they must have been registered to the club for 3 seasons between their 15th and 21st birthday. Evan joined in January 2021 so hasn’t reached the required length of being registered so had to remain on the B list.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Wasn't Duffus the name of David Stockwell's dog in Heartbeat?

Just saying.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I see Steven Alzate is listed as being English, he was born in London, but represents Colombia at Football.
All players are listed with their country of birth rather than who they represent internationally (Lamptey England not Ghana etc). Apart from Tom McGill who is shown as being English but was born in Belleville, Ontario, Canada and now represents them internationally as well.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion have obviously re-submitted their A list as Steven Alzate no longer appears and there are now only 24 players listed.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Given the transfer window and ability to register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players (whilst still adhering to the 25 man squad rules) I thought I'd put this together:

Goalkeepers
1. Verbruggen
2 .Steele
3. McGill (Trained at Club)

Defenders

4. Lamptey
5. Igor
6. Webster
7. Dunk (Trained at Club)
8. Van Hecke
9. Estupinan
10. Veltman

Midfielders
11. Milner
12. March (Trained at Club)
13. Dahoud
14. Gilmour
15. Gross
16. Lallana
17. Baleba
18. Mitoma
19. Buonanotte
20. Hinshelwood (Trained at Club)

Forwards
21. Pedro
22. Welbeck
23. Adingra
24. Fati

Vacant

B List (Don't need to be registered on A List to play)
GK. Reid
DF. Jackson, Nilsson, Kavanagh, McConville
MF. Hinchy, Chouchance, Ifill, Albarus
FW. Ferguson, Duffus
Players under 21, who have been at the club for 2 years do not need to be registered.

The squad must include 4 players trained for 3 years at the club before their 21st birthday (McGill, Dunk, March, Hinshelwood).
The squad must include 4 players trained for 3 years in the nation before their 21st birthday (Steele, Webster, Lamptey, Milner, Gilmour, Lallana, Pedro, Welbeck).

Players not registered who'd need to be if we wanted to use them.. Moder, Enciso, Mazilu.
There's probably a few recent U21 signings too, but not sure anyone would really care for me looking them up.. but likes of Atom and Flower who joined us in 2023.

So, anyone we sign in January, will need to be registered if want to play them in Europe. One addition can come at no cost, but could be a player already here (Moder, Enciso, Mazilu for example). Assuming we bring in at least 2 new players, at least 2 players would have to drop out. I would imagine March stays in the squad regardless of his injury, because I can't see how we could replace him with a player who'd meet the trained at club criteria. Technically I think Ferguson could, but why 'waste' a move putting Ferguson in the A List when he can play for us anyway on the B List.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here