Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I first got into the Albion whilst watching us on the East Terrace at the Goldstone with my Dad and his mates. They moaned about everyone and everything.

Dean Wilkins was a fairy
Dale Jasper was too slow
Richard Tiltman was too shit
Mark Farrington was the worst footballer they had ever seen
Alan Biley was a long haired useless piece of shit
Gerry Armstrong was a thick Irishman
Paul Wood has ‘’Only ever had 1 good game for us’
In fact they moaned about every footballer I ever saw. Apart from Brian Horton.

The point is they LOVED moaning. They enjoy being negative, bitching about the Albion rather than going shopping with the other half on a Saturday afternoon. Telling people they will have a wake up call and essentially changing their very nature by reading the Argus is somewhat pushing a point. If my Dad and his mates were given free Corporate entertainment at the Goldstone which had entailed Free Lap Dancing, Free beer and a 4-0 win, they would have complained that the tits were too small, the beer too warm and we should have won by 5.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There is some news which I have just seen embargoed until tomorrow, hence possibly why Naylor hasn't gone into more detail.

It is about FFP and some if the figures are startling. Would definitely buy the programme / listen to Albion Roar etc tomorrow.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There is some news which I have just seen embargoed until tomorrow, hence possibly why Naylor hasn't gone into more detail.

It is about FFP and some if the figures are startling. Would definitely buy the programme / listen to Albion Roar etc tomorrow.

Is the programme available for download already?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As I said, it's going to be all over the place this weekend. I wasn't guessing!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners..

We are doing better than most at our level, but that's not to say we're richer than Mr Rich from Richland.

If that's the case, how are we being priced out?..... or is the FFP 'phoney war' allowing other teams to push the boat out in advance of the deadline, in the hope they reach that temporary sticking plaster called the Prem.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If that's the case, how are we being priced out?..... or is the FFP 'phoney war' allowing other teams to push the boat out in advance of the deadline, in the hope they reach that temporary sticking plaster called the Prem.

Who said 'priced out'? Not me, I don't believe.

I think we're being run more prudently than most which gives us the best chance of medium-long term success. No 'shit or bust' (see Palace, Crystal and City, Cardff etc) for us.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'm concerned about pricing, how the club sell tickets and why we aren't making a stonking great profit seeing as these are undoubtedly the 'good times'. I've commented on these in the past and probably will do again and if that makes me a 'moaner' then so be it.

If we aren't making a stonking good profit then whoever calculated the break even figure on attendances of 12,500 royally fecked up.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Twat !!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If we aren't making a stonking good profit then whoever calculated the break even figure on attendances of 12,500 royally fecked up.
I think that figure's already been disowned as it applied to League One, plus LOADS of additional costs weren't factored in. But my point still stands: we've been selling out nearly every game since Donny, to say nothing of the additional income, and if we're not making an operating profit then we may as well pack up now - although I accept that things may have gone a bit pear-shaped prior to Barber coming on board.

kjgood

Do you want to substantiate these claims in anyway given that we see pictures of the works going on daily at the Amex and I know personally that the club are desperate to start work on the training ground but as has been discussed on here other reasons are holding them up.

Only that the Buckingham Group were having issues getting payments from the club and that caused a delay in the signing off of works with sub contractors, certainly the sub contractor whom I was talking to in any case. From what he said, I believe the issue has now been resolved and they have commenced the manufacture of the product ready for installation at some point in the future.

My contact didnt set out to discuss Brighton but added them into a conversation regarding works they had done for Wembley Stadium, Manchester United and Cardiff City who they had to take to court (Or Cardiff City Holdings anyway, not the actual playing side of the club) for payments due. He made the comment that it seems all football clubs are facing the same issues with cash flow at the moment.

In a large project such as this, delays like this are not unusual, nor are operating losses or break even figures in year one and two of operation, which is what the football club will be presenting.

The setup costs of the stadium, closing the old, etc etc etc are huge and I would be amazed if we had made any profit or declared any profit at this stage. If there was an operating profit I would suggest this would be set against the capital debt or interest payments due to Tony's holding company.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That was based on 2001 prices, a fairly shitty stadium, and no £2.5 million signings. What we have is a stadium at 2011 prices, and it is GORGEOUS and a player with even nicer hair. I said before the start of the season that the numbers would be grim, and I stand by that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Actually I prefer the squirting flower but on a serious point if we can't compete on 25k crowds with all the add ons how do clubs on half those gates compete ?

They have owners who subsidise them, just like us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Actually I prefer the squirting flower but on a serious point if we can't compete on 25k crowds with all the add ons how do clubs on half those gates compete ?

They have owners who subsidise them, just like us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here