Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Even if it's about finances, I still feel I do my bit. Season Ticket, programme, pie & a pint every game, and since the return to the Amex I've spent £400 via the shop - largely on kit and clothing for my nephews. If Naylor reckons we need to spend even more then and prices need to increase attendances will only go one way...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we're talking about Andy Naylor, not Dennis Taylor

dennis naylor...???

the game has moved a long ,long way in the last 30 years brothers.........i frankly found that 4 quid for a pint in a plastic pint, 4 narf quid for a pie and a seat that stood up whenever you did was top value...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm with HKFC on this. Its gotta be an FFP article.

Regarding Naylor, dear God people get a life! People are so offended so easily these days its embarassing. If you don't like his comments on Twitter, don't follow him; If you get wound up by his comments, just ignore them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm concerned about pricing, how the club sell tickets and why we aren't making a stonking great profit seeing as these are undoubtedly the 'good times'. I've commented on these in the past and probably will do again and if that makes me a 'moaner' then so be it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is the FFP stuff which the club are very eager to get out in front of supporters in as many avenues as they can. You won't need to buy (or even just pick up, read and then put down) the Argus to know the score.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners..

I think it is finance etc, and agree that it will be a wake up call perhaps to those people that thought moving to the Amex with a sugar daddy would make everthing peachy. I bet is we are losing money hand over fist and we therefore restricts us in the transfer market. Tony Bloom is not paying everyones wages the club do and a loan back and teething/expansion costs. I know a little more, but can not say.

If we are in a financial straight jacket, with the prices, attendance and sales figures we get, then there is no hope whatsoever in running a financially sound club that can compete at any level. We may as well give up our prem aspirations.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we are in a financial straight jacket, with the prices, attendance and sales figures we get, then there is no hope whatsoever in running a financially sound club that can compete at any level. We may as well give up our prem aspirations.

We are doing better than most at our level, but that's not to say we're richer than Mr Rich from Richland.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Spot on. Having roundly abused Palace, Portsmouth and all the others for racking up huge losses 'chasing the dream' I can hardly turn round and say it's ok for us to do it. If we cannot generate the income to fund a promotion challenge (cos we can't match the transfer fees and wages of other clubs) then we have to be happy with what we've got - or maybe even a bit lower.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NSC has and always will be a small part of the albion customer base.

The majority of punters turn up, buy a few bits or a programme maybe a drink and a pie, watch the game then go home or have a pint or two afterwards.

And thats it. Amazing isnt it.

How small? There's about 20,000 members isn't there, of which a fair few are active/lurking.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners..

There's a world of difference between those who have concerns over pricing, which is a legitimate grievance, and those who bitch every time we don't win.

The groaning recently hasn't been about the fact we don't win every game more about winning 3 games in 16 or something silly like that. I think everyone has a right to whinge about that particularly after the showing against Watford. I'd agree if people were moaning about a loss after a winning run of form.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners..

I also think it will be about club finances. By chance I had a conversation with a business aquaintence who randomly told me his company was doing work in the new hospitality suites and training ground and that work had been held up because of 'Financial issues'

Do you want to substantiate these claims in anyway given that we see pictures of the works going on daily at the Amex and I know personally that the club are desperate to start work on the training ground but as has been discussed on here other reasons are holding them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here