Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Man united can recruit players just be they are called Man united and probably pay higher wage, just like the mens team. Male players would also want to join Manchester United over us, despite us being at the current time being better run club with a clear vision. It doesn’t matter that their Women’s team is only 5 years old.
Women don’t have contracts like the men do. Most are for just one year, like Russo. She left us to go to Man Utd, played there for 3 years and is now at Arsenal.
I’m amazed Katie Robinson hasn't left us already.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If the management is poor that's one thing but that shouldn't reflect the poor standard of most of our players, some can't even run with the ball. It looks like our recruitment needs a huge shake up and get some players who can play football. We're a mile off teams like Man Utd, who are only 5 years old.
Agree. Surely we knew about all these players that mostly come from abroad.. So many passes are poor and when it is good receiver cant control it. With the backing TB has given it is vital they stay up. Only way I can see this happening is defending with 10 and picking up odd point. I have watched most of last 2 games. Will watch results but wont go through that again.
Just unbelievable Bloom must have spent millions on this set up

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Who's hating, think you don't understand justified concerns about the standards. The lack of progress is shocking considering the facilities provided. They play and train on near perfect pitches yet often it looks like they're playing on a muddy park pitch in driving rain. The drop off in standard is alarming.
Don't tell me what I do and don't understand ....I watched the whole match and enjoyed it especially the hat trick.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't tell me what I do and don't understand ....I watched the whole match and enjoyed it especially the hat trick.
Noted................

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Not seen the game today, but there have been some performances where we've really kicked on, the home game against United being a prime example.
Something must have gone on behind the scenes for Phillips to be given the boot.
Let's remember many of them are probably on less than the average wage, it isn't a career they can retire from.
Comparing them to the men who earn more in half a week than the women earn in a year is crazy.
If anyone's to be criticised, it has to be the coaching and recruitment team. Players like Pinto have shown promise and given the right coaching will develop into a very good players.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who's hating, think you don't understand justified concerns about the standards. The lack of progress is shocking considering the facilities provided. They play and train on near perfect pitches yet often it looks like they're playing on a muddy park pitch in driving rain. The drop off in standard is alarming.
Sadly, I have to say…… this.

Really desperate for our ladies to do well, and get back to Sussex.

Good win, nonetheless, but they have to do a lot better. It would be a disaster for them to go down.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not seen the game tonight, but there have been some performances where we've really kicked on, the home game against United being a prime example.
Something must have gone on behind the scenes for Phillips to be given the boot.
Let's remember many of them are probably on less than the average wage, its not a career they can retire from.
Comparing them to the men who earn more in half a week than the women earn in a year is crazy.
If anyone's to be criticised, it has to be the coaching and recruitment team. Players like Pinto have shown promise and given the right coaching will develop into a very goodplayer.s.
Not sure anyone is comparing them to the men but also what they earn should only ever be compared to others in the women's game, it has to stand on its own as a business model, currently it doesn't. The fact is they are full-time professionals. When the game grows and the viability to continue the model then players will be rewarded, as they should be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not seen the game tonight, but there have been some performances where we've really kicked on, the home game against United being a prime example.
Let's remember many of them are probably on less than the average wage, its not a career they can retire from.
If anyone's to be criticised, it has to be the coaching and recruitment team. Players like Pinto have shown promise and given the right coaching will develop into a very goodplayers.
Are they?

Does anyone know the average wage, genuinely interested.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Women don’t have contracts like the men do. Most are for just one year, like Russo. She left us to go to Man Utd, played there for 3 years and is now at Arsenal.
I’m amazed Katie Robinson hasn't left us already.
Fair point Thunder.

It’s an interesting approach on our part. Losada looks a steady player, plus a couple of others so you’d hope we’d give them a 2-3 year deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are they?

I know someone close to a current player and average wages seem to be around £25k-£40k a year. He’s been in the centre while they train and put it this way - the car park is not very interesting

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know someone close to a current player and average wages seem to be around £25k-£40k a year. He’s been in the centre while they train and put it this way - the car park is not very interesting
Thanks.

That’s not a terrible wage for this level.

How does that compare to the others in the league?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are they?

In 2023, the average annual salary in the FA Women's Super League was around 47 thousand British pounds, with the highest yearly salary amounting to over eight times this sum. However, even the highest earners in the FA WSL earn significantly less than the average Premier League footballer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In 2023, the average annual salary in the FA Women's Super League was around 47 thousand British pounds, with the highest yearly salary amounting to over eight times this sum. However, even the highest earners in the FA WSL earn significantly less than the average Premier League footballer.
Re the last sentence.

Given the two products and levels of support, there would be something seriously wrong if they earn’t comparable money (IMO).

Perhaps one day, but not yet.

£47k is pretty reasonable (again IMO).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No it’s not terrible but some people begrudge them that. Since women have become full time the standard at the very top has improved massively.
Agree - very much so.

But taking the league as a whole, not so much based on what I’ve seen.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Not sure anyone is comparing them to the men but also what they earn should only ever be compared to others in the women's game, it has to stand on its own as a business model, currently it doesn't. The fact is they are full-time professionals. When the game grows and the viability to continue the model then players will be rewarded, as they should be.
Let's have some realistic expectation of what we expect of a female player earning 30/40k per annum.
I pay £120 for 3 season tickets and don't expect to see anything near the quality we see from Brightons men.
Plenty of Prem clubs have played terribly and been knocked out by clubs many leagues below them.
We are in transition, stay up, get the new ground and kick on.
I think we need to look at the coaching team who are not bringing on the players as they should be. Robinson looks half the player she was. Some youngsters not progressing as they should.
This to me along with other things points to issues with the backroom staff.
The figures quoted above are pulled north due to very high earners at the likes of Chelsea.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No it’s not terrible but some people begrudge them that. Since women have become full time the standard at the very top has improved massively.
Who begrudges them? I've never heard anyone on here or elsewhere if honest.

Money in football is such a weird subject. I can never understand men that play on park pitches in the East Sussex League which is tier 12 in the pyramid yet some get paid for playing, maybe not a lot, but still paid. It's normally done by sponsorship by some mad local ego. As you move up you can look at Hastings, currently getting over 2000 fans regularly, they rightly pass on some of the money generated to the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here