Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Darlington 3rd December 1996 Roll Call.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I was there at 15. That was in the early days of me going to the football on my own and as horrible as it was, what a way to pick up the football bug...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Were you there?

As the excitement, anticipation and emotion gathers momentum I hope that as many of the 2709 who braved the Goldstone on that cold December night nearly 21 years ago will there at the Amex when we make to the top flight

Sadly the likes of Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts and many others won't but I'm sure they will be with us all in spirit.

Yes, I was there that night. The thing I remember most was the anger outside the West Stand after the match. It was amazing how much passion and emotion the loyal, hardcore fans could generate!

The good thing is that those people who were at the Goldstone on bleak nights like that will be enjoying our current success even more than everyone else. They will know exactly how bad things can be and just how far the club have come since then...... One thing's for sure - they most certainly weren't booing Akpom on Saturday!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yes.

Still got the programme with Belotti urging fans to back Jimmy Case. Next day he was sacked. I remember kicking in an entrance door and other fans doing similar things. That night was terrible. Rock bottom.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I was there. Front row of the west stand, my usual season ticket seat, and pretty much in front of the Directors box. In the video I'm stood up, back to pitch, arms aloft, yelling at him when he suddenly legs it. Wow I thought, only to to turn and see the cavalry coming across the pitch. The Gulls Eye crew said 'you'll be banned for that' and sure enough at h/t some of his minders got hold of me outside the toilets. A crowd gathered but amazingly when they realized I wasn't an infiltrator from the north they backed off. Amazing times. Met some great people, made some great friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was there, in the North Stand. This match has been used as a milestone moment before, pretty sure (not read whole thread) we lost to fall nine points adrift at the bottom. It was the maths, plus the nature of the loss, plus the general situation, that could easily driven all of those present to jump off a bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here