Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion v spurs frendly general sale

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Best day ever.....got 2 seats in the WSU for my son and me.....I'm so happy :amex:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Just old info from a forum a few months back. First time purchasers will get a paper ticket, followed a short time later by a smart card for future purchases. It came from Martin Perry or Ken Brown.

Ok, is that Amex first time purchasers or first time purchasers full stop ? Spurs is my first game at the Amex but I have a purchase history from previous years, what will I get ?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
It's not really about the opposition on that day though is it? The Spurs game is the official opening of The Amex and I and most other Albion fans will want to be part of that day.

I was in Toronto when The Skydome (now Rogers Centre) opened. I watched it being built and wanted to be there when it opened so I went to the Gala Opening (massive entertainment show), the first Blue Jays game and the first Argos game. It was really just about being there to join in with the celebrations and I'm sure that's what most Albion fans are thinking for July 30.

A friendly should NOT dictate a high price.
Many would argue the meaningful and poignant Doncaster proper game, is far more important.

Surely prices should be lower than a league game. It's a friendly with 'honest' Arry Redknapp changing 11 for 11 substitutes at half time. Players not really trying.

If they'd managed to get Real, Barca, ManU, etc down here .... a different story. Spurs are not a massive draw outside of some of North London & Hertfordshire.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
No e-mail yet, went in to order four more and it said I had eight so cancelled four. Just concerned I haven't got confirmation e-mail.

Mike.???

If it said you had 8 that sounds as if you didn't complete the sale first time round ?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I really don't get this. It opened last Saturday and the first real competitive game is the Doncaster game. The only reason they're making thre Spurs game the "official" opening is to try to dupe people into going.

Spot on.

With 18,000 S/T holders, and only 12,000 available for Albion ..... why not a sell out, for this so special occasion?

Because masses of real fans, waiting for the real game, against Doncaster.

It's funny, after TB announced the game, I recall someone on here saying tickets would be a rip-off (for a friendly) at £25 to £30. An argumentative git disagreed for the sake of it.
Now, why are the club charging so much? Why not a notional £10 as the occasion is more important than the money, surely?!

Oct 2, 2008
Spot on.

With 18,000 S/T holders, and only 12,000 available for Albion ..... why not a sell out, for this so special occasion?

It's funny, after TB announced the game, I recall someone on here saying tickets would be a rip-off (for a friendly) at £25 to £30. An argumentative git disagreed for the sake of it.
Now, why are the club charging so much? Why not a notional £10 as the occasion is more important than the money, surely?!

What he said. Good post.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Spot on.

Fella, it's a tad daft to say that only real fans are waiting for Donny ! Some real fans want to go to Spurs, others don't, which is fair enough. Agree with you re the price, mind...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Spot on.

I'm not a season ticket holder, I live in Wales, I've little chance of getting a Doncaster ticket. I'm a REAL fan too.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I'm not a season ticket holder, I live in Wales, I've little chance of getting a Doncaster ticket. I'm a REAL fan too.

Out of the 18,000, only 8,000 took up offer for Spurs rip-off. Shocking after the hype.

The moment TB announced it down the seafront, there was not a collective roar. Why Spurs? What's the connection?
Most fans I know, were hoping for a really big club, not the rare winners of League Cups.
The EPL is very very commercial. I suspect Danny Levy demanded a rather large cheque for them to come down.

Doncaster including before the game, will be very special.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It might not be the best ever friendly and Spurs aren't the biggest draw, but what the hell else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon?

Go shopping, watch telly, sit on NSC...........or go to footy with my mates and sink multiple pints :cheers:

It's a no brainer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The money helps to pay for it all. The stadium and new players haven't exactly been cheap. Most of it is coming from TB's personal account, but there's no harm in us contributing.

Why Spurs? What's the connection?
Most fans I know, were hoping for a really big club, not the rare winners of League Cups.
How many clubs in this country are bigger than Spurs? 4 (Man City are now joing the big club group, but they're a new edition). Manure and Liverpool are too far away, so we could have gone for Arsenal or Chelsea instead. But Spurs are hardly a small club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If they'd managed to get Real, Barca, ManU, etc down here .... a different story. Spurs are not a massive draw outside of some of North London & Hertfordshire.

lol, i'd much rather have a friendly with Spurs than Real, whose tactics barely keep you awake when playing competitivly. its also funny how a few years ago everyone wet themselves over getting Spurs in the Cup. 5th best club in the country, some very intersting players, sorry if you arent drawn to watching van der Vaart, Bale, Lennon, Moderc, Sendro.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Just called the ticket office and was handled by the most helpful, polite and competent member of staff. After last night's antics with only the WSL blocks being available I have just had 4 WSL seats moved to the family stand and 1 seat moved to the North. With refunds on every ticket to boot. Great stuff, well played Albion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just called the ticket office and was handled by the most helpful, polite and competent member of staff. After last night's antics with only the WSL blocks being available I have just had 4 WSL seats moved to the family stand and 1 seat moved to the North. With refunds on every ticket to boot. Great stuff, well played Albion.
I moved mine this morning too, the daft buggers.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Just nabbed a couple in the West Upper.

See you there - hope you don't bite......

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here