Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Millwall Player ratings

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Spanish Dave was played out of position , LuaLua is overrated and if he was that good why wasn't he in the starting 11 ? Of the 3 subs , Orlandi and Andrews put in a better shift than Kaz.

You really think LuaLua didn't put in a shift?.He scared them from the minute he came on.So what if the odd shot goes wide or he goes the wrong way sometimes,he scares defenders shitless and in the end a superb run made an easy goal scoring chance.
Sorry but I don't care if Spanish Dave is out of position,he is terrible at the moment.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Kuz 6
Calde 5
Greer 5
Upson 6
Ward 5 (not a lot of pace)
Ince 6
Crofts 6
Buckley 3 I would say worst game for albion
Kemy 5
David 4
Ulloa 7

Kaz 7
Orlandi 6
Andrews 6

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
PIG 6
Calderon- 6 usual 100%,not entirely at fault for goal.
Greer-5 Distribution and heading poor today.
Upson 7 best defender today
Ward 6 OK
Buckley 5 Larry light and needs to grow a pair.
Kemy 4 Toilet
Lopez 4 looks like he is sulking.I would play him more centrally to utilise his pasing range.His strength!
Crofts 6 got better!
Ince 6 Ok
Ulloa 8 Needs better service and perhaps a more balanced midfield with more supply from both flanks.

Orlandi 8 So glad he is back. Great team player and caused visitors grief!
Kaz 7 Determined- needs a run in team1
Andrews 6.5 Looked composed and useful

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Kuszczak - didnt really have much to do today but could not prevent the goal but the kick he done to LuaLua near end of game was stupid and could had cost us another goal - 5

Calderon - Was always out numbered when it came to him getting the ball, i think we need to get another RB in or put Chicksen there and give Calde a rest - 6
Greer - Just did not look like he wanted to play much today, as captain he should be leading by example! poor - 3
Upson - Did not do too much wrong in my eyes today but still not a stellar performance at the back - 5
Ward - Looked lively at times but only really started showing what he could do once Orlandi and LuaLua came on so he could push up more - 6

Ince - Very poor performance today, i know he is young but he needs to look where he is passing the ball too, would prefer to had seen JFC there today - 3
Agustien - Another who did not have a great performance today, was rightfully subbed at Half Time, his worst game for us by far - 3
Crofts - I actually forget he was on the pitch today, is that bad? - 2

Buckley - Has been very poor this season so far, tried to be too greedy when he had options to pass - 4

Ulloa - Not the best performance in the world but when you have only 1 upfront it can be a struggle but managed to get the goal to get us a draw - 7

Subs
Orlandi - When he came on at Half time it had shown how much we had missed him, controlled the game well - 8 (MOM in my opinion)
LuaLua - Done his normal cut ins but his pace on the left proved to work as him and Ward started linking up - 7
Andrews - A sold performance when he came on for Ince, he done more in 5 mins than Ince had done the whole game - 7

Worst performance i have seen for a while from us, players did not seem too bothered, most of them was prob thinking about their week's holiday as it is the International Break

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kuszczak - 7 No chance with the goal but otherwise controlled his area
Ward -7 Solid
Greer - 7 Solid
Upson - 8 Man of the match for me, Never put a foot wrong
Calderon - 7 solid
Ince - 5 Looked a bit lost today and his inexperience showed.
Agustien - 4 Poor today, Not sure if he went off injured at half time or whether Oscar had seen enough.
Crofts - 6 Pick of a poor midfield today.
Lopez - 4 Poor work rate and poor set pieces, Needs to pick his game up now players are coming back from injury.
Buckley - 7 Worked hard and hung some good crosses in for Ulloa
Ulloa - 7.5 Was getting bashed out of the game but never gave up and got his reward, Quality shone through in the end.

Orlandi - 7 Took 10 mins to find the pace of the game but then showed what we've been missing
Andrews - 7 His quality showed from the moment he stepped on the pitch
KLL - 7 Been critical of him this season but today he was back to doing what he does best.

Ref 7 Best ref I've seen at the Amex this season.

Greer...solid?

Bloody hell...we're you sat behind a post?

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Kuszczak - didnt really have much to do today but could not prevent the goal but the kick he done to LuaLua near end of game was stupid and could had cost us another goal - 5

Calderon - Was always out numbered when it came to him getting the ball, i think we need to get another RB in or put Chicksen there and give Calde a rest - 6
Greer - Just did not look like he wanted to play much today, as captain he should be leading by example! poor - 3
Upson - Did not do too much wrong in my eyes today but still not a stellar performance at the back - 5
Ward - Looked lively at times but only really started showing what he could do once Orlandi and LuaLua came on so he could push up more - 6

Ince - Very poor performance today, i know he is young but he needs to look where he is passing the ball too, would prefer to had seen JFC there today - 3
Agustien - Another who did not have a great performance today, was rightfully subbed at Half Time, his worst game for us by far - 3
Crofts - I actually forget he was on the pitch today, is that bad? - 2

Buckley - Has been very poor this season so far, tried to be too greedy when he had options to pass - 4

Ulloa - Not the best performance in the world but when you have only 1 upfront it can be a struggle but managed to get the goal to get us a draw - 7

Subs
Orlandi - When he came on at Half time it had shown how much we had missed him, controlled the game well - 8 (MOM in my opinion)
LuaLua - Done his normal cut ins but his pace on the left proved to work as him and Ward started linking up - 7
Andrews - A sold performance when he came on for Ince, he done more in 5 mins than Ince had done the whole game - 7

Worst performance i have seen for a while from us, players did not seem too bothered, most of them was prob thinking about their week's holiday as it is the International Break

I forgot to add in One

Spanish Dave - Very poor today, not been same since he came back - 4

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuz 5 Didn't have much to do
Calde 5 When he plays well so does the team, today was not one of those occasions
Greer 4 Passing was crap and so was his heading
Upson 6 Showed Greer how it should be done
Ward 5 Lacks pace
Ince 6 OK
Crofts 5 Just didn't show enough
Buckley 0 Been awful all season and today did what I thought would be impossible HE WAS WORSE. Body language was terrible, never beat his man all afternoon, his passing/crossing hardly if ever reached its target apart from passing it straight back to the player who had just passed to him. Makes Wendy look like Jimmy Case. Then missed a very easy chance. The complete performance, completely crap.
Kemy 4 Poor
David 4 Very poor
Ulloa 7 Not his best game but still such a dangerous player

Kaz 8 did more in the first 5 minutes of coming on than Buckley has all season. He ran at them and scared the shit out of them. Game changer. Buckley take note!!
Orlandi 7 Another game changer good to have him back
Andrews 7 Looked good.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kooshack 6
Calderon 5
Greer 4 - too much hoofing up field .... why?
Upson 6 - covered Greer more than once
Ward 6 - reliable if uninspiring
Ince 6 - I thought he looked OK, spread it around well apart from one really bad pass
Crofts 3 - has a big job but making nothing happen at all, too many short returned balls
Kemy 3 - less mistakes but not involved
Dave 2 - what's happened, does he need the old team back to play? Needs to be dropped
Buckley 4 - needs to run at his men when he passes and pass instead of running into a blind alley
Ulloa 7 - commendable solo performance, took his goal really well

Orlandi 8 - picked up the game by scruff of neck, showed more desire than the rest of midfield put together
KLL 7 - some woeful shooting but at least injected a bit of fizz and, like Orlandi, woke things up
Andrews 6

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This. Very poor performance from him.

The reason Greer was hoofing a lot was, in my view, because Ince rearely made any efforts to get into space and demand the ball like Liam does, this forced Greer to punt upfield rather than put a fifty fifty ball out to one of the fullbacks.

MacDonald was very useful too, they must have targeted Greer in possession because he especially rushed him each time he was on the ball......

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Greer...solid?

Bloody hell...we're you sat behind a post?

Not far off actually, You can only give marks based on how you see the game from where your sat and the view you have ( see the differences in peoples opinions on this thread ) In my case being at the front of the north stand in the disabled area at pitch level you don't get such a good view as people sat higher up or side on. From my view Greer defended how he needed, Passed when the opportunity was there and hoofed it when it wasn't.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Kush - 5

Calderon - 6
Greer - 5
Upson -6
Ward - 5

Buckley - 5
Kemi - 3
Lopez - 4
Crofts - 6
Ince- 6

Ulloa - 9 (only one that looked fresh and up for it)

Orlandi - 7 (opened up the game for us)
Lua Lua - 7
Andrews -7

We only really looked dangerous or interested for the last 15 minutes.

Hardly any movement off the ball and stood off Millwall which ultimately cost us a goal.

Lomas out thought Garcia today and the players did not look up for this one at all except for the last 15 minutes

Sums it up nicely

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
TK - 6 solid apart from kicking once or twice

Calde - 6 defended solidly enough but not his usual threat going forward

GG - 5 distribution generally poor - especially long balls

Upson - 7 best of the back four

Ward - 6 OK defensively but poor long balls - especially first half

Ince - 6 not as commanding as against Burnley

Spanish Dave - 4 one great ball to Buckley first half. Very poor other than that. Lost possession a lot and weak in the tackle. Shadow of his former self

Agustien - 5 worked fairly hard but nothing really came off for him today

Crofts - 7 worked tirelessly, strong in tackle and tried to make things happen

Buckley - 5 seems to have lost a yard of pace. Not playing with confidence

Ulloa - 8 took goal well and worked hard. First touch not quite as good as usual

Subs

Orlandi - 8 improved dramatically when he came on

Lua Lua - 7 main danger when he came on. Great work for the goal

Andrews - 7 bossed midfield. Moved forwards at pace. Something missing from the rest of the game

We must have watched the same game! An 8 may be just a touch generous for Leo, but otherwise I agree entirely.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 6 apart from Crofts, Orlandi, Andrews and Ulloa 7. KLL 8.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
All three subs made a difference Andrews as driving the ball forward, KLL was brave in the tackle and in taking shots and Orlandi injected some much needed skill we did not deserve to loose either did Millwall who come and did a job

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes I think you are. Changed the match and along with Upson & Ulloa could have been MOM. I am not sure why he drifted into the middle at one point as he is far more effective out wide.

No you're not, I thought he was ordinary. Great cross for the goal, but constantly flatters to deceive. He gets the ball, and I think great 'one on one', skin the defender and deliver', but he rarely does. Yes he is exciting, but his crossing is poor, his shooting is wayward and as you say, God only knows why he drifted in the middle, where he was completely ineffective. Performance was ok, but not great by any means.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 6
Calderon 6
Greer 5
Upson 6
Ward 6
Ince 6
Crofts 6
Buckley 5
Agustien 5
David 5
Ulloa 7

Lualua 7
Orlandi 7
Andrews 6

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You really think LuaLua didn't put in a shift?.He scared them from the minute he came on.So what if the odd shot goes wide or he goes the wrong way sometimes,he scares defenders shitless and in the end a superb run made an easy goal scoring chance.

Agree with this. Sure, not everything he does comes off but at least he gives it a go. Defenders are terrified of him - he is always going to make something happen. Buckley was terrible. Would be good to see KLL start but whenever he's had the chance in the past he's often disappointed. Time for him to step up to the mark?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here