Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Millwall Player ratings

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The first hour was really really poor. So many overhit balls I lost count. Good situations wasted. The subs made a positive difference, but would we have even managed a point without the red card?

Kuszczack 7. Thought some of his distribution was poor, particularly a kick out to Lua Lua in the 2nd half which almost got us in the sh1t.
Calderon 7. OK, but has played better. Others saying he went missing for the goal ... can't recall that.
Greer 6. One of the main culprits for the overhit passes and poor long balls. Not his best game.
Upson 8. Good game.
Ward 7. Not as good as last week, but an OK performance.
Ince 6. Also not as good as last week. Maybe the yellow put him off his game.
Crofts 7. Decent enough game without being a stand-out.
Agustein 5. Not involved enough. Is he fully fit?
Lopez 4. Nowhere near the player he was. A real weak link. Should not be starting.
Buckley 6. Frustrating. He is better than this.
Ulloa 8. Some brillant stuff and well taken goal, but on occasions his ball control was poor.

Subs:
Orlandi 9. MOM. Made the difference. Stunning stuff. His ball control is awesome. Needs to start as soon as he is fully fit. We have been missing his skills.
Lua Lua 8. Also made a big difference to the game from the moment he came on. A real impact sub.
Andrews 8. Very good performance. Needs to start when fully fit.

Two points thrown away. A win would have put us in a playoff position.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
kooshak - 5
calderon - 5
greer - 4
upson - 7
ward - 4
agustien - 3
ince - 5
crofts - 4
david - 3
buckley - 4
ulloa - 7

lua lua - 7
orlandi - 7
Andrews - 6

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The first hour was really really poor. So many overhit balls I lost count. Good situations wasted. The subs made a positive difference, but would we have even managed a point without the red card?

Kuszczack 7. Thought some of his distribution was poor, particularly a kick out to Lua Lua in the 2nd half which almost got us in the sh1t.
Calderon 7. OK, but has played better. Others saying he went missing for the goal ... can't recall that.
Greer 6. One of the main culprits for the overhit passes and poor long balls. Not his best game.
Upson 8. Good game.
Ward 7. Not as good as last week, but an OK performance.
Ince 6. Also not as good as last week. Maybe the yellow put him off his game.
Crofts 7. Decent enough game without being a stand-out.
Agustein 5. Not involved enough. Is he fully fit?
Lopez 4. Nowhere near the player he was. A real weak link. Should not be starting.
Buckley 6. Frustrating. He is better than this.
Ulloa 8. Some brillant stuff and well taken goal, but on occasions his ball control was poor.

Subs:
Orlandi 9. MOM. Made the difference. Stunning stuff. His ball control is awesome. Needs to start as soon as he is fully fit. We have been missing his skills.
Lua Lua 8. Also made a big difference to the game from the moment he came on. A real impact sub.
Andrews 8. Very good performance. Needs to start when fully fit.

Two points thrown away. A win would have put us in a playoff position.

Wow - I guess your marks only reflect the last 1/3 of he game. by your own admission we were dreadful for at least an hour.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"Alright, not everything he does comes off, but he set up the goal!"
"He got four shots in, alright they didn't go in or even threaten their keeper, but it made him a threat to them" NSC on lualua

"He needs five shots for every goal" NSC on Barnes.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
LuaLua is overrated and if he was that good why wasn't he in the starting 11 ? .

You must be the only person in the stadium that thought that.....amazing.....I bet you also think Messi isn't as good as Barnes.....sheesh!!!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
"Alright, not everything he does comes off, but he set up the goal!"
"He got four shots in, alright they didn't go in or even threaten their keeper, but it made him a threat to them" NSC on lualua

"He needs five shots for every goal" NSC on Barnes.

I don't think you can class a LuaLua shot from outside the box the same as a Barnes shot from inside the 6 yard box as the same thing, can you?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The. Subs changed the game and we should of got the ball to Lua Lua more he was always looks dangerous and caused a bit of panick in the Millwall defence.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Had some friends down from Millwall for the game, one commented without detriment, why can't your keeper kick the ball straight. From an outsider quite a criticism on the subject, and a good question, his kicking is very poor at times. Kemy, how long does it take to get someone 'match fit', I am thinking he is being found out now, slow, static not visionary, caught in possession, hm i'm really not sure about him.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Had some friends down from Millwall for the game, one commented without detriment, why can't your keeper kick the ball straight. From an outsider quite a criticism on the subject, and a good question, his kicking is very poor at times. Kemy, how long does it take to get someone 'match fit', I am thinking he is being found out now, slow, static not visionary, caught in possession, hm i'm really not sure about him.

I guess that would depend on how unfit you are.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Kuszczak - 6: Didn't have a lot to do but pretty tidy. No chance with the goal.

Calderon - 6: Always good going forward and generally decent defensively but he is shite in the air. Have thought this for a while.

Greer - 5: Really noticed the lack of communication people have been mentioning. Solid enough but some truly shocking forward passes.

Upson - 7: Very solid.

Ward - 6: First time I've seen him play. Noticeably not up to the lofty standards of Bridge but very competent. A couple of cock-ups defensively and in possession, but got forward well and seems to fit in to our style.

Ince - 6: First time I've seen him play. People saying Bridcutt will have trouble getting back into the team - can I have some of what you're smoking please? Great to see such confidence in a young player with little experience but in the first 60 mins we were really lacking tempo in terms of our passing and I think Ince was a major part of this. Good player to have though, deserves more chances.

Agustien - 5: First time I've seen him play. Didn't seem to do a great deal. Also thought he looked rather large. Is he just a tank?

Crofts - 6: I thought he looked decent. Far more involved than last year. Will be a really useful player for us if he recaptures the form he had while at Norwich. Good shot just wide.

Lopez - 5: Not the player he was by the looks of it. Probably going through a poor spell of form.

Buckley - 5: Looks to be lacking in confidence. Trouble with Buckley against this kind of opposition is that he isn't that strong. KLL is better at coping with the physical side of the game, whereas WB seems to get outmuscled.

Ulloa - 7: Had two chances and scored both. Didn't agree with the first being disallowed. I don't think he had the best game otherwise but the team's general sluggishness was the main reason for this.

SUBS:

Orlandi - 7: Really made a difference when he came on. Very skilful and the delivery into the box improved immeasurably after his introduction.

Lua Lua - 7: One of those days where he was breezing past everyone. On the end of some rough treatment from Shittu and Trotter as well. Don't think we would have scored without him.

Andrews - 7: First time I've seen him play. Really impressed. Got the ball moving quickly, didn't lose possession and seemed to make great efforts to get everyone going (certainly more than Greer).

In the end, it wasn't a great performance but we were becoming pretty scintillating towards the end. The 3 subs have to start the next game (in place of those they replaced). Has to be said that Millwall have some very decent players, many of which would prob get in our first team. They should be nowhere near the bottom of the league with that squad. With Bridcutt returning at some point in the near future, I think we'll be ok this year. Always going to take time with new regime/personnel but nothing to worry about for me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think you can class a LuaLua shot from outside the box the same as a Barnes shot from inside the 6 yard box as the same thing, can you?

Well, that depends: how many people are around barnes? how much is the ball bouncing or pinging around? what is his angle? how much time does he have on the ball? how much time does he have to get his feet planted and get his balance? versus someone who has plenty of time to set for a shot and has the time to look around and see all the better options before trying to blast it through a crowd of players?

I think the point stands. Not all of barnes's shots are as easy or clear cut as people often suggest, and lualua wastes opportunities that are easier than people suggest (or wastes them by making the wrong choice)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Kuszczack 5.
Calderon 6
Greer 6
Upson 8
Ward 7
Ince 7
Crofts 7
Agustein 5
Lopez 4
Buckley 5
Ulloa 7

Orlandi 7
Lua Lua 7
Andrews 7
All three subs should start next week. Lua Lua is inconsistent but Lopez, Agustein and Buckley (bar Burnle7) have been consistently not good enough

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters
Ulloa 7.62
Upson 6.47
Crofts 5.83
Kuszczak 5.73
Ince 5.71 (75mins)
Calderon 5.70
Ward 5.65
Greer 5.12
Buckley 4.86
Agustien 4.41 (48mins)
David Lopez 4.23 (60mins)

Subs
Orlandi 7.40 (50mins)
Lualua 7.16 (38mins)
Andrews 6.88 (23mins)

Team Average - 5.91

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Upson 6.47 is ****ing ridiculous. He was SUBLIME. 8-9 for him. If Ulloa's goal hadn't been disallowed everyone would've given Upson another mark or so. How daft is that?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Upson 6.47 is ****ing ridiculous. He was SUBLIME. 8-9 for him. If Ulloa's goal hadn't been disallowed everyone would've given Upson another mark or so. How daft is that?

Agree - Sitting in the South Stand in the first half there were one or two things where I thought he was utter class. On one occasion a long ball being booted forward, where I would have half expected just a powerful header back upfield, but no - a gentle cushioned inch-perfect header to the feet of (I think) Ward, who was a few yards to his left close to the touchline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here