Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Brentford Official thing ********

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What was the score ?
2-0 - Adingra with both.

Our attack looked very dangerous first half once we'd settled into the game a bit.

Second half more disjointed as often the case with huge numbers of subs - Steele made a number of very good saves, ball didn't stick up at all towards the end.

Nicks

I've got to say that is the best Stadium I've ever been to in my lifetime.

My brother is a STH there and we had seats above the Albion Bench and the weirdest thing is the teams walk through the Lounge we were in onto the pitch.
I would love to put the video on here my lad took of the walk out by the teams but haven't got a clue how to do it !!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just sold my car, to Simon Adingra
West Ham sign it for Lucas Paqueta

I like driving in my car
It don't look much but I've been far
I like driving in my car
It got me down to the Côte d'Ivoire

Just sold my car to Simon Adringra

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I've got to say that is the best Stadium I've ever been to in my lifetime.

My brother is a STH there and we had seats above the Albion Bench and the weirdest thing is the teams walk through the Lounge we were in onto the pitch.
I would love to put the video on here my lad took of the walk out by the teams but haven't got a clue how to do it !!

1690480320420.png

1690480701216.png

Lounge that players walk through onto the Red Bull Arena pitch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Here's hoping, because that was a little bit shonky tonight.

We play high risk football (I appreciate you know that), and that's doable with a well drilled side that know each other well. It must be a nightmare when you're subbing the entire team in a game (Chelsea) etc. We were very lucky (plus reliant on Steele) that Brentford didn't score, but with the number of new players and players out of position etc, the only surprise is that we kept a clean sheet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How good was that to see a game with no VAR? (& I dont mean to avoid the pen Webster appeared to conceed).
Well we weren't robbed of the points due to terrible refereeing decisions, so it was fine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We play high risk football (I appreciate you know that), and that's doable with a well drilled side that know each other well. It must be a nightmare when you're subbing the entire team in a game (Chelsea) etc. We were very lucky (plus reliant on Steele) that Brentford didn't score, but with the number of new players and players out of position etc, the only surprise is that we kept a clean sheet.
Yeah, all true. I tell myself before the game its only a training exercise etc, but once I get into it, I still get exasperated when we keep giving it up cheaply in our final third. I'll be the same again on Friday night. Can't help meself.

But we'll be well drilled and ready when the real stuff begins, I'm totally confident of that.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Criticism of Buonanotte seems a bit unfair. He’s playing out of position isn’t he? Not a natural right winger so he’s finding it hard to get involved. Saw enough glimpses last season to suggest he’s got a lot of talent - so he just needs to find his place. Just the nature of it that these young guys will have good and bad moments.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, all true. I tell myself before the game its only a training exercise etc, but once I get into it, I still get exasperated when we keep giving it up cheaply in our final third

Yeah of course, we all do. Mrs T was trying to sleep, while little Miss T was screaming at the TV.

I understand that it's the way we play, and you can't argue with the results - but when a team is pressing as much as Brentford, surely at some point you say 'we're going route one' - so I'm glad Steele got another assist against them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yeah of course, we all do. Mrs T was trying to sleep, while little Miss T was screaming at the TV.

I understand that it's the way we play, and you can't argue with the results - but when a team is pressing as much as Brentford, surely at some point you say 'we're going route one' - so I'm glad Steele got another assist against them.
Brentford’s pressing was a bit suicidal at times, though - they left huge gaps in midfield. If we’d been more on our game we would have exploited that more effectively.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Criticism of Buonanotte seems a bit unfair. He’s playing out of position isn’t he? Not a natural right winger so he’s finding it hard to get involved. Saw enough glimpses last season to suggest he’s got a lot of talent - so he just needs to find his place. Just the nature of it that these young guys will have good and bad moments.

This. It frustrates me when RDZ plays him out wide. He’s a 10, he’s talents are all suited to playing centrally. I thought RDZ played him out wide due to lack of options last season, so disappointing that he’s still playing him there now. I’d even much prefer to see him in the Macalister role than out wide (despite the huge competition for that role). If he can improve his defensive qualities and maybe a bit more strength then surely that’s where he’ll be soon. Shouldn’t be pushed out wide now we have Pedro and Adringa

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m not going to make the mistake of attempting to create match day thread for the game tonight. So posting this here from the clubs FB page.

Fingers crossed we see Lamptey, Dunk and Lallana tonight. We need to start playing our 1st teamers in these friendly fixtures!

IMG_2972.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Watched the highlights and now watching a bit of the game on Sky whilst enjoying a post-gym bacon sarnie. Adingra is electric……and that first touch from Steele’s pass and instant shot was just sublime - interesting to see how the teams that doubled up on Mitoma are going to cope with both of them in the team. Joao Pedro looks the mutts wotsits. We’ve strengthened significantly up front. Keep Moises and get an RB and who knows……..
I wonder if Mitoma and Adingra can play in the same side though ?

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
We’ve not seen much of Mitoma, Enciso, and even less of Ferguson, Buonanotte so far but all have been quiet, and overshadowed by Pedro and Adingra. Hard to see how those two can’t start against Luton.
I’d bet serious money that March and Mitoma will both start against Luton so can only see one of Pedro or Adringa starting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here