Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Brentford Official thing ********

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Mitoma does not look quite as sharp at the moment but early days. Buenotte still has a lot to do and cannot see him getting in the team at the moment but he is just a baby .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nope. I’m delighted we have so many options when we’ll be playing two games many weeks
But you pondered how defenders will cope "with both of them in the team".

So, you're actually saying they'll not both be in the team at the same time, but it will be one or the other? I'm not sure why that presents any particular problem for defenders.

I'm not trying to dig you out, it's illustrative of the ridiculous array of attacking options that RDZ has at his disposal now. It feels like perm 4 out of:

March
Enciso
Adringra
Buonanotte
Mitoma
Pedro
Ferguson
Welbeck
Undav

...and possibly Lallana too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But you pondered how defenders will cope "with both of them in the team".

So, you're actually saying they'll not both be in the team at the same time, but it will be one or the other? I'm not sure why that presents any particular problem for defenders.

I'm not trying to dig you out, it's illustrative of the ridiculous array of attacking options that RDZ has at his disposal now. It feels like perm 4 out of:

March
Enciso
Adringra
Buonanotte
Mitoma
Pedro
Ferguson
Welbeck
Undav

...and possibly Lallana too.
Edit, can’t be arsed.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Mitoma does not look quite as sharp at the moment but early days. Buenotte still has a lot to do and cannot see him getting in the team at the moment but he is just a baby .
Sorry, are you saying that Argentinian international Facundo Buonanotte is not good enough to get into our matchday squad...? :ohmy:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mitoma seems to be running down blind alleys to me in the two friendlies, not even close to the player he was for the first 2/3rds of last season. Gone off the boil or just found out? Am I being harsh?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Sorry, are you saying that Argentinian international Facundo Buonanotte is not good enough to get into our matchday squad...? :ohmy:
I'm definitely saying that. And that Is no disrespect to either him or Argentina.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Mitoma seems to be running down blind alleys to me in the two friendlies, not even close to the player he was for the first 2/3rds of last season. Gone off the boil or just found out? Am I being harsh?
We’ve not seen much of Mitoma, Enciso, and even less of Ferguson, Buonanotte so far but all have been quiet, and overshadowed by Pedro and Adingra. Hard to see how those two can’t start against Luton.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Nope. I’m delighted we have so many options when we’ll be playing two games many weeks
That's true. We've basically got the capability of fielding two whole highly potent teams with the squad weve assembled.

papachris

Just finished watching the match as I recorded it. (12.30 kick off time here so couldn't stay up).
Really like the look of Pedro. Obviously a very good player but really wanted to be involved. Jason Steele had a really good game. Apart from the assist, and as he alluded to in the interview the quarterback role. He made some really good saves as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could somebody who watched the natch please enighten me? - looking at the team as listed on the Albion match report, it looks as if we played two of our young midfielders - Hinshelwood at the start, replaced later by Weir - as RBs? Is that the case, and if so, how well did they do playing out of position?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Could somebody who watched the natch please enighten me? - looking at the team as listed on the Albion match report, it looks as if we played two of our young midfielders - Hinshelwood at the start, replaced later by Weir - as RBs? Is that the case, and if so, how well did they do playing out of position?
Both played fine, but the defence was a little bit loose as they were all new to each other. It was a bit of a basketball game on what looked like a big pitch. Both were fine if unspectacular.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I think we're going to win the league. I can feel it.
Well, with a decent but not genius level manager and a decent squad we finished 9th. With pretty much the same decent squad and a genius level manager for 3/4 of a season, but without the benefit of his having a pre-season and much input into the players he was dealt, we finished 6th. Now we have a genius level manager combined with an overweeningly talented squad which he has helped to assemble, plus the benefit these pre-season preparations and having the whole season to do what they are going to do without the destabilising aspect of the manager who starts the season bunking of a couple of months into the campaign.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Watched the highlights and now watching a bit of the game on Sky whilst enjoying a post-gym bacon sarnie. Adingra is electric……and that first touch from Steele’s pass and instant shot was just sublime - interesting to see how the teams that doubled up on Mitoma are going to cope with both of them in the team. Joao Pedro looks the mutts wotsits. We’ve strengthened significantly up front. Keep Moises and get an RB and who knows……..
Where's Lamptey? Was he in the squad last night?

Mitoma looked to be moving pretty well to me last night, gliding past players in his usual way, I know expectations are stratospheric for him but think he looks alright

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Only caught the last ten minutes and saw Mitoma do exactly what we expect, wriggling his way to the byline and getting in a cross that caused panic among opposition defenders.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Well, with a decent but not genius level manager and a decent squad we finished 9th. With pretty much the same decent squad and a genius level manager for 3/4 of a season, but without the benefit of his having a pre-season and much input into the players he was dealt, we finished 6th. Now we have a genius level manager combined with an overweeningly talented squad which he has helped to assemble, plus the benefit these pre-season preparations and having the whole season to do what they are going to do without the destabilising aspect of the manager who starts the season bunking of a couple of months into the campaign.
On the contrary we also have Thursday/Sunday football which is always a big ask

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here