Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U-23s v Southampton U-23's - Fri 2pm (on YouTube and MyAlbionTV)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Considering, a few seasons ago The Southampton Acadamy was one of the best rated in the country, they have either gone right off the boil, or we are doing
the business. Albion U23s made Saints U23s look 2nd rate,
Some good young talent on show there, the future is looking very rosy.
Last thought, how good does Karbo look, gonna be a big player next season.

Southampton U23s have lost 4 out of the last 5 against us, and only drawn the other one. As you say, used to be a very highly rated academy, but not so much now. They are currently second from bottom of PL2, and look like strong relegation candidates this season.

That said, a very accomplished performance from us today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Both West Ham and Southampton now have win pretty much all their remaining games ( WH 5 games, S 4 ) to send albion down ( if albion lose both their 2 remaining fixtures ).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Considering, a few seasons ago The Southampton Acadamy was one of the best rated in the country, they have either gone right off the boil, or we are doing
the business. Albion U23s made Saints U23s look 2nd rate,
Some good young talent on show there, the future is looking very rosy.
Last thought, how good does Karbo look, gonna be a big player next season.

There isn't much coming off the production line down there by The Solent these days, by the look of that. However good your facilities and scouting are, if the talent's not there, it's not there. West Ham have had periods where they've produced fantastic groups (Ferdinand and Lampard, Cole, Defoe and Carrick) but also some very lean years. Our recruitment department has unearthed a few gems on today's evidence, but we've had to pay quite a lot for one or two of them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Also you have to consider that we have dozens would could have played in pl2 out on loan. Decent u23 injured like khadra and yapi, and had a 16 year old centre forward. There is a lot to look forward to

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Another thought.

I reckon if we had signed jenks from someone we would be even more excited for him than caicedo.

He looks like he needs the next challenge now

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also you have to consider that we have dozens would could have played in pl2 out on loan. Decent u23 injured like khadra and yapi, and had a 16 year old centre forward. There is a lot to look forward to

I don’t disagree but I suspect Saints have injuries and players out on loan, like us and every other PL club

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is Yapi actually any good though. The hype around him seems bigger than his actual potential.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Is Yapi actually any good though. The hype around him seems bigger than his actual potential.

I stand to be corrected but don’t think he’s started since returning from injury and I get the impression he’s not progressed as expected.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Very impressed by young Furlong at left back. Doesn't bomb on like Karbs but heck of a cross on him. Maybe I'm alone on this, but he looks like one from the U23's who can add something we need in the first team, cover at LWB

Agreed! Also one of the youngest players on the pitch, only 18 (only Ferguson and Turns are younger). Plus for what its worth its noticeable that given Karbo can play both sides, it sort of suggests that the club feel Furlong is a bigger talent than the other fullbacks at u23 level i.e. Yapi and Tanimowo

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apologies if you've been asked and answered this before, but do you know if he is in any way related to Mike Everitt, our left back for a few seasons in the late 1960s?

I assume you are talking about Matt Everitt (rather than Ed Turns)?

I have no idea.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I only watched this to see how Andone was looking but I've been very impressed with the team as a whole. Caicedo, Turns, Jenks, Dendonker, Cashman and Karbonwik all look really good.
Caicedo in for Bissouma next season? Too soon?

No I think it has to be a succession plan. Moises seems like the perfect replacement for Biss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here