Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U-23s v Southampton U-23's - Fri 2pm (on YouTube and MyAlbionTV)

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Watching this game and so far I'm quite enjoyoing it.
It's like watching Mini Brighton playing the same way but actually finishing their chances quite well.

Who impressed me the most is Lars Dendoncker (playing as a CD). Great performance so far. His composure and defensive skills really impressed me.

Karbownik very busy, neat and tidy on the ball and together with Cashman (great game so far. He reminds me Aaron Connolly so much) are constant treat for Southampton.

Caicedo had his ups and downs. Not the best start of the game but much better later. In overal I'm little dissapointed so far but maybe I was expecting too much ?

Gutted for Andone. Hope it was "just in case" substitution and he is fine.

I'm curious about Teddy Jenks. If he is able to make this step and be in the first team next season ? He looks really solid, scoring goals and been probably best u23 player this season

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The big thing is can they step up to the pace of the premier league, not to knock anyone on that pitch as they all have a level of ability I nor many of us could have ever achieved but its played at a very slow pace.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Earlier they kept saying Saunders was out on loan, I thought he has signed on a Perm for Lincoln.

Cashman has a career in football, not sure it will be with us, but hes a decent player. Jenks too.
He's Sanders not Saunders, but yes, he left us in January to join Lincoln City permanently (or at least until 2023).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As others have said, it's very watchable and the style of play from the first time is quite clear to see.

Exciting times to be an Albion fan...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Caicedo had his ups and downs. Not the best start of the game but much better later. In overal I'm little dissapointed so far but maybe I was expecting too much ?

I've been flitting in and out but watched the last 5 minutes and he looks like he's playing on auto-pilot and its all too easy for him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ref needs to have a word with the captain here. Their lads are just trying to clatter Jenks.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Turns and Dendonker are absolute beasts at the back for us. Not heard of Turns before, but been very impressed with him so far.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've quite liked the look of Caicedo. Makes himself available and releases the all quickly but willing to drive forward when the opportunity arises. Tough in the tackle too

So have I. He's raw but oozes potential. Probably understandably, he looks a lot better in this game than in his first one against Man City. There's no rush to get him in the first team but when he's ready he really could be a ready made Bissouma replacement.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Caicedo looks good to me as the game has gone on. He never seems to lose the ball and always finds a pass, even when in a tight spot.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I only watched this to see how Andone was looking but I've been very impressed with the team as a whole. Caicedo, Turns, Jenks, Dendonker, Cashman and Karbonwik all look really good.
Caicedo in for Bissouma next season? Too soon?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Superb run from Karbovnik for the 3rd.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Karbownik does a Lamptey down the right and puts in on a plate for Jenks.

3-0, thank you and goodnight.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Cashman, Turns, Karbo and Jenks all played very well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to see Caicedo play against better opposition, he has many of the same attributes as Bissouma and plays in the same areas. He got some rough treatment today and it was disappointing that he picked up a late yellow card.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Considering, a few seasons ago The Southampton Acadamy was one of the best rated in the country, they have either gone right off the boil, or we are doing
the business. Albion U23s made Saints U23s look 2nd rate,
Some good young talent on show there, the future is looking very rosy.
Last thought, how good does Karbo look, gonna be a big player next season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Really encouraging performance all round.

Agree with whoever said Caicedo looked like he finds it too easy. Had the feel of an ex-pro who had turned up for a kick about down the park with his mates. Jenks needs a L1 loan at the very least next year, made us tick, took his goals well and should have had at least one assist from his corners too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here