[Albion] Albion tour in USA

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Screenshot_20230720_063252_Instagram.jpg

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Loving him as a pundit/commentator. Yes he makes it clear he’s an Albion or Palace fan :angry: but is balanced in his commentary. Very unusual these days. Whatever happened to the mardy uncommunicative Glenn? :smile:
Have to strongly disagree there.
He’s an absolutely awful commentator.
His delivery is akin to that of a travel show reporter.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Citi Field is a great ballpark, saw the Twins get trampled there a few years back, 3-1 I think.

Looks like our guys will have seen the Mets thump the White Sox 5-1 last night.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
another one from the rounders
Interesting that Murray is out there with them. Is he some part of the wider coaching setup now?

Or is he just part of the media team covering the whole pre-season gimmick for Sky etc.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting that Murray is out there with them. Is he some part of the wider coaching setup now?

Or is he just part of the media team covering the whole pre-season gimmick for Sky etc.
Media work

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
another one from the rounders
On the subject of rounders, did anybody else find as a kid in the UK, that whenever we played "rounders" it seemed like the teachers just randomly made up the rules on the spot and we used whatever equipment happened to be laying around at the time? I remember playing it with bats that looked like baseball bats, with cricket bats, with some kind of wooden paddle. With a target thing on a board, with wickets, with nothing at all. With something resembling a diamond, with just two "bases". With a single batter, with two batters...I swear never the same way twice.

It was always some random Frankenstein cricket / baseball / rounders / something else hybrid.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but reckon this is the other fella in the photo...

'Kodai Senga (千賀 滉大, Senga Kōdai, born January 30, 1993) is a Japanese professional baseball pitcher for the New York Mets of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) debut in 2012 for the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks, and played for them until 2022. He is a three-time NPB All-Star.'

That's Senga.

Here is an issue he had rather recently with the pitchcom, a rather new device, catchers and pitchers use to communicate what pitch they will throw. Reminder that the teams are limited as to the number of times they can visit with the pitcher on the pitching mound. There are also many rules about what motion a pitcher can make before he delivers the pitch towards home plate. When he violates those rules it's called a balk and any runners on base get to move up one base. There are also language issues involved because Senga doesn't speak English (that is his interpreter that comes onto the field during the discussion) and the catcher's first language is Spanish.

1689861235611.png

here is Senga pitching for the SoftBank Hawks in Japan much earlier in his career.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
On the subject of rounders, did anybody else find as a kid in the UK, that whenever we played "rounders" it seemed like the teachers just randomly made up the rules on the spot and we used whatever equipment happened to be laying around at the time? I remember playing it with bats that looked like baseball bats, with cricket bats, with some kind of wooden paddle. With a target thing on a board, with wickets, with nothing at all. With something resembling a diamond, with just two "bases". With a single batter, with two batters...I swear never the same way twice.

It was always some random Frankenstein cricket / baseball / rounders / something else hybrid.
Sounds like there is a bit of Stool Ball in there somewhere. No Aunt Sally though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ottavino & Robertson are both relief pitchers for the Mets. They sit in the bullpen, where relief pitchers warmup before they enter the game, in relief of the starting pitcher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here