[Albion] Albion spotted in Amsterdam already!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
IMG_6166.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A Dutch airport worker has just walked along the line asking “anyone with an EU passport can come out of the queue”, followed by “sorry guys, you’re the ones who voted for it”.
They have a nerve given the state of Schipol security flying back ! 40mins for me last week

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I’ve just arrived at Schipol to be greeted by the longest line I’ve ever seen for passport control, I reckon it’s about 200 to 300 metres long I joined the line at 11.50 local time. I’ll keep you updated how long it takes me to get through.
Own up, who voted for Brexit?
Form an orderly queue!

'Beeyootiful British Brexit queuing' - Al Murray.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
A Dutch airport worker has just walked along the line asking “anyone with an EU passport can come out of the queue”, followed by “sorry guys, you’re the ones who voted for it”.
Except I didn’t.

However I get his point

(As soon as the Jocks get independence me and the boy are getting new speedy passports, although we’ll still have to wait for old lady PWK to get her “regained control” document stamped)

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I’ve just arrived at Schipol to be greeted by the longest line I’ve ever seen for passport control, I reckon it’s about 200 to 300 metres long I joined the line at 11.50 local time. I’ll keep you updated how long it takes me to get through.
Oh good, look forward to that

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Glad I let the train take the strain….zero queue at St Pancras, and obviously you just walk out of the station once you get to Amsterdam 😊

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Americans, Japanese, Australians etc etc have always queued, especially at Schiphol which is perennially clagged up.... we are now just lumped in with them.... it's mostly a question of manpower numbers being squeezed since lockdown..... a small amount of Brexit.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We queued for 30 mins then they opened another section and we were through 5 mins later.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not much blue and white on view there. Everyone hiding it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Americans, Japanese, Australians etc etc have always queued, especially at Schiphol which is perennially clagged up.... we are now just lumped in with them.... it's mostly a question of manpower numbers being squeezed since lockdown..... a small amount of Brexit.
Nobody is doubting that there were queues there, pre-Brexit.

It is just that we didn't have to f***ing wait in them :rolleyes:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Nobody is doubting that there were queues there, pre-Brexit.

It is just that we didn't have to f***ing wait in them :rolleyes:
My recollection of flying into Europe (or indeed, back into Britain) pre-brexit was normally of a long queue of British people and the odd person from the country I was visiting waiting in the EU queue, and about 3 people from wherever sauntering straight through the non-EU queue.

No queue at all for passport control as a foot passenger on the ferry the other day.
It's almost as though walking into Dieppe at 4am isn't as popular as flying to Amsterdam :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've got a starling account, only use it and accompanying mastercard debit when travelling, I think Monzo also same.

Mastercards Interbank exchange rate, no foreign exchange/currency fees, no foreign spread and free ATM withdrawal (from starling).

Revolut also does, but limits max withdrawal amount on free account.

One click transfer money from normal HSBC account to starling and best exchange rate possible and use like normal card when abroad.

Anyone with Barclays, can have a travel wallet linked either to euros (or dollars), and simply transfer money from one account to the other. A good rate of exchange, and you pay whatever in euros. We've used ours for two years now, whilst on holiday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Except I didn’t.

However I get his point

(As soon as the Jocks get independence me and the boy are getting new speedy passports, although we’ll still have to wait for old lady PWK to get her “regained control” document stamped)
Will take a bit of time between Scotland gaining independence and applying to re-join the EU and being accepted into same. Having a Scottish passport will be pretty neat tho 🙂

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Will take a bit of time between Scotland gaining independence and applying to re-join the EU and being accepted into same. Having a Scottish passport will be pretty neat tho 🙂
After leaving and getting your independence, do you really think the English government will play ball with the border requirements the EU will demand. That will be very interesting, good luck with that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports