Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Sign Roberts!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A good start. Roberts is class and a fine keeper but we desperately need 2-3 strikers and we need them soon. It's now time for action if we are to compete in the coming season.

Go get 'em Steve.

:)

Rochester Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Dickensian Rochester
Roberts Signs For Seagulls...

Brighton boss Steve Coppell has completed the signing of goalkeeper Ben Roberts, who was on loan with the Seagulls earlier this year.

The 28-year-old has signed a two-year contract after deciding to leave Charlton.

Coppell told the club's official website: "I know he's got something to prove and I've got a very healthy position with the goalkeepers; Michel (Kuipers) and Ben fighting for that one position."

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I am glad he has signed as not just have we now got 2 goalkeepers, but we now have two first choice goalkeepers.

For the same reason though, I was slightly surprised to see we signed him though, as Coppell said in the last fortnight that although he may not be first choice every week “he would certainly be on first choice wages”.

All the same good to have made another signing on top of the Simon Rodger deal a few weeks ago. Now onto finding those elusive strikers.
:)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
After last season's performances I'd have swapped ZAmora for Roberts anyway!

Fantastic news.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Have they sold the Goldstone?

Ok, bad joke but it's already been posted last night. ;)

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
good news in what was a carp week up until then. On paper our defence looks solid, sir steve now needs to work his magic up front :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oh but it does. Everytime I see a duplicated thread I feel like a swordsman had cut up my gut. :nono:

A lot of messages on NSC right now. A very busy time. Duplicated threads make others harder to find and increase bandwidth at a time when it's already high.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Good signing, although all we need now is about 3 strikers!
Anyway, Just some info about roberts you may not know. I met Ben's best mates girlfriend on a train to the Bradford match in feb or march or whenever it was and she told us that he is a very good keeper but, a bit of a spiceboy. He doesn't like his hair out of place and would rather do a dwight yorke style orgie ang party than play and train. Just be hopeful that SC wont let him get lazy and keeps him on his toes.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ben Roberts is definitely a good signing, and fills a gap that was definitely missing last season. The fact of the matter is that a major contributing factor to our relegation was the lack of a solid second keeper to cover when the FDM was out of action. Hopefully having two top class keepers at the club will give the side a solid defensive backbone. It must be remembered that a good goalkeeper who has the confidence of the defenders in front of him can inspire them to perform well too.

Right, so we aren't going to concede any goals this season, so how are we going to score them?

:clap2:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This really is an excellent piece of news. I thought he was EXCELLENT last season. Makes a lot more sense than signing Beasant even though he did a good job for us.

I believe he's every bit as good as Kuipers, maybe better, and if Kuipers is not yet 100% fit this is just what we need.

Next, strikers!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just woke up and this signing has made my day :clap:

Jimbo Jones

Jul 6, 2003
Lancaster/Brighton
Hey two class keepers!
No strikers though......so its 0-0 all the way next season
!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here