Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Sign Roberts!!

Strangull

Jul 11, 2003
And scoring the goals, is .............??

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell its on the official site, when i saw the headline i thought they've finally realised we've taken him on loan from Charlton...
:lolol:

On a serious note though this is a pleasing start to the team rebuilding, now all we need is...
1 Right Back
1 Centre Back
1 Left Winger
2 or 3 Strikers
???

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Albion Sign Ben Roberts

Steve Coppell has wasted no time in adding to his squad post-Zamora by signing former Charlton and Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ben Roberts for the forthcoming Division Two campaign. Roberts has agreed a two-year contract, and makes his Albion debut at Crawley Town this afternoon.

Roberts, 28 last month, is already well known to fans of the club. He impressed during a month's loan with the Seagulls in early 2003, during which time he remained unbeaten as an Albion player, and helped the side to victories over Premiership-bound Wolves and Bradford, and a fine draw with Champions-elect Portsmouth.

The Bishop Auckland-born six footer was offered a new contract at the Valley by Charlton boss Alan Curbishley, but exercised his right under the Bosman Ruling to find a new club, and Albion beat a host of First and Second Division clubs to secure his services.

Albion manager Steve Coppell said, "Insert Quote Here."

Chairman Dick Knight added, "The playing budget I have given Steve reflects the need to strengthen the squad post-Zamora. The signing of a player of Ben's quality is the first step and signals our intent to be very competitive again next season."

and the goalscorer arriving at withdean Stadium is............?

Yes keepres very important, clean sheets blah blah....

don't win you games though

(waits for the flaming)

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
That's brilliant news, IMHO I have to Meade's Balls and say in the few games he played for us he was more confident than FDM.

Playing tomorrow at Crawley.

Let's hope some more are now in the pipeline.

:D

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
george w.bush does...

my friend got a whole book full of his quotes

a favourite of mine

they have misunderestimated me as leader
(nice made up word there)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
right so the budget that was given to Coppell months ago was the "post zamora budget"??

and what is all this "post" bollocks about, is it gonna be the case that everytime we win a game now it will be known as a post zamora victory??

...and does anyone believe that we beat 1st division clubs to his signature!! LOL!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Trigger said:
Bloody hell its on the official site, when i saw the headline i thought they've finally realised we've taken him on loan from Charlton...
:lolol:

On a serious note though this is a pleasing start to the team rebuilding, now all we need is...
1 Right Back
1 Centre Back
1 Left Winger
2 or 3 Strikers
???

:lolol: lol:lolol:

i thought it must be some mistake too

feel a bit better now, roll on the next signing:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes

This has cheered me up no end.

He was wonderful at Bradford :D

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Storer68 said:
and the goalscorer arriving at withdean Stadium is............?

Quite right, if ya dont score goals ya dont win matches, we dont have 1 recognised striker thats any good at the club now, certainly no-one that can get 10+ goals per season...

We need to sign 2 or possibly 3 strikers that are capable of banging in 15/20+ goals per season, i am however happy with the signing of Roberts, its a start, plenty more needed though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Come on Trigger, lets just concentrate on a good signing. We all know we need strikers and its hardly something that Coppell has been quiet about either, so we know we'll get them.

I feel cheered.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Give Steve a chance, Bobby's departure, along with that of Kitson, Beasant and Brooker means that there is around £10,000 a week less being spent on wages. He now has to do some wheeling and dealing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here