Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Sign Roberts!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Meade's_Ball said:
Come on Trigger, lets just concentrate on a good signing. We all know we need strikers and its hardly something that Coppell has been quiet about either, so we know we'll get them.

I did say i'm happy with the signing! :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
:)
Hurrah!
I'm looking forward to future signings now.
Looks like it could just have been a question of timing with the likes of Robbo too and shows that we are at least willing to pay decent wages to the right players.

I might still put on some money on us going up as champs.
:clap:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
BZ has only been gone for a few hours,and we have made one signing,no doubt if it had been a forward someone on here would have been moaning that we havent signed a goalkeeper!!

Give the man a chance,he hasnt let us down so far,so in the words of another legend

"Keep The Faith"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a lift after Bobby's departure. Now we've got two top notch keepers... Roberts was so good last year I can't see Kuipers being first choice. If we get a couple of strikers even close to that quality, we could be better off overall.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Albion manager Steve Coppell said, “He was with us last season for a month and everybody at the club was happy with him as a personality, and also with his performances as a goalkeeper who has more or less been on the fringes at all the clubs he has been with

“I know he's got something to prove and I've got a very healthy situation with the goalkeepers; Michel and Ben fighting for that one position. I hope they'll bring out the best in each other and I'll have to make the very different decision in who will be the number one"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's very good start. I was at Arundel and thought that FDM looked very iffy on crosses, Roberts is class.

Go Stevo !

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how many other signings we've had tied up waiting for the Zamora deal to be sealed - hopefully quite a few otherwise when we come calling in the future people will say "oh yeah they've just pocketed 1.5 million lets put our prices up"

d_s

Jul 18, 2003
Storer68 said:
and the goalscorer arriving at withdean Stadium is............?

Yes keepres very important, clean sheets blah blah....

don't win you games though

(waits for the flaming)

Who was it who said (and I have forgotten)

"Strikers win games - clean sheets win championships"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here