Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Shares for Sale. £1 each.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry if this has been covered, but, would a shareholder be privy to confidential information. I.e. If one were to buy shares, could they read the minutes of a disciplinary hearing?

Nope, I have shares in Tesco, they don't phone me up to tell me the inside gossip.

I have just done a valuation of the Albion shares, based on what is called a Discounted Cash Flow model approach, this gives a value of MINUS £1.77 per share, and is based on (a generous) 15% growth in income in 2013, followed by 8% in 2014, which then tapers down. Of course if we are promoted these figures would change significantly, but I would be surprised if they are positive.

I don't know how to post Excel screenshots, but if anyone is really arsed about the numbers then PM me, and I will send you the spreadsheet.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh DK why couldn't you have just walked away from the club gracefully? You would have been life president, the fans would have loved you.

You lost the willy wanging contest, get over it. Stunts like this just make you look bitter and cheap.

All said with a great big smile no doubt eh? I really don't think you are in a position to talk about others being bitter and cheap, considering that is all you have ever been on this subject.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When DK became chairman hé made a promise that once wé got a new stadium he would give supporters a chance to become shareholders. Derek Chapman, Martin Perry and Ray Bloom all agreed with him. Wonder what they're thinking now? Yes it's a token, yes it's likely a stunt and possibly not worth what people would pay. But then I've bought man an overpriced item from the club shop just because it had a seagull on it so why stop now?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The shares are worthless. They don't mean anything. If you want to feel more attached to Brighton & Hove Albion, buy yourself something nice from the club shop, or go to an extra away game and cheer the team on. Sponsor a player's shirt maybe.

If anyone's got money to spare on this kind of thing, perhaps consider giving it to a cause where the cash will actually add up to something and do some good. The DEC appeal for the Philippines might be a good start.

It's up to individuals how they spend their money and I would hate to get preachy about this, but I can't see this is anything but an ego trip for both the buyer and the seller.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Nope, I have shares in Tesco, they don't phone me up to tell me the inside gossip.

I have just done a valuation of the Albion shares, based on what is called a Discounted Cash Flow model approach, this gives a value of MINUS £1.77 per share, and is based on (a generous) 15% growth in income in 2013, followed by 8% in 2014, which then tapers down. Of course if we are promoted these figures would change significantly, but I would be surprised if they are positive.

I don't know how to post Excel screenshots, but if anyone is really arsed about the numbers then PM me, and I will send you the spreadsheet.

Was the model based on the BHAFC Ltd or the holding company's accounts?

Do you know if the shares DK is offering are BHAFC Ltd shares or shares in the holding company?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The shares are worthless. They don't mean anything. If you want to feel more attached to Brighton & Hove Albion, buy yourself something nice from the club shop, or go to an extra away game and cheer the team on. Sponsor a player's shirt maybe.

If anyone's got money to spare on this kind of thing, perhaps consider giving it to a cause where the cash will actually add up to something and do some good. The DEC appeal for the Philippines might be a good start.

It's up to individuals how they spend their money and I would hate to get preachy about this, but I can't see this is anything but an ego trip for both the buyer and the seller.

On that basis TB must have a massive ego!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good luck finding a single person who would represent even the people on one page of an NSC thread.

Isn't the point that being a shareholder doesn't entitle you to go to board meetings.

Well Dicks putting the cats amongst the pigeons! Whilst on the face of it it does put some power to tye fans but at the end of the day its not. I would suggest that all fans who take up the ooffer that a representative is 'elected'. I cant help but think of someone like Paul Samrah. The reality is that to have even 10,000 fans turn up for an EGM would be national news. Id say this is good for us but it needs a single voice to represent 'us'.

If you went to the trouble of buying a share, why wouldn't you go to shareholders meetings? At the end of the day, DK shareholding isn't enough to alter decisions from the rest of the board.

OK, I'll rephrase it.

The shares are worthless to anyone who values them using a traditional pricing model.

They may have an emotional value if you want to hang a share certificate on your wall, but nothing else.

TB would be mad giving DK a million for his shareholding, unless he just wants to get rid of the hassle factor, there is no investment value given that TB already has 90%+, and the club, as a financial investment, rather than a labour of love, is bankrupt.

The point is that if the shares had a reasonable value then DK wouldn't be selling. Promotion could see the value rise and if, down the line, there is an offer to buy the club then your single share might have more value.

No disrespect, I could impersonate a shareholder of say Arsenal and say im selling my 1 Million shares in Arsenal for £5 each. For that you are getting absolutely no say in how the club is run and nothing in return except a piece of paper that people would be none the wiser for.

You would be better off quite frankly giving the money to a charity.

Besides, we are owned by a fan now - and im very sure TB wouldnt do anything to screw the club over - especially after what he has invested in it and with what we are doing now to make the club sustainable and profitable

Arsenal is probably not the best example as their shares are worth about £16k each.

To be fair to Dick he has put a lot of money into the Albion over the years and therefore if he wants some of that back you can't blame him, and I don't. I just don't think he should be somehow congratulated for selling off his shares in this way and hyping a book sale to boot.

Don't know the shareholder history but did he get money when TB aquired the majority holding?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was the model based on the BHAFC Ltd or the holding company's accounts?

Do you know if the shares DK is offering are BHAFC Ltd shares or shares in the holding company?

Holding company. DK only owns 51 shares in the club.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I'm taking a simplistic view.

i like the idea of having a certificate saying I have shares in the club.

ill stick it on my wall

i won't ever make any money out of it, but it will give me a warm feeling of having a stake in the club.

i'll be happy.

simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here