Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion reject Sunderland's final offer for Bridcutt

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Following on from Gus's outburst and the display of Lee Catermole, to add to his disciplinary record, I would expect them to come back in with an increased offer of about £2.8m for Liam. Could it also not be that he would offer LB more than we pay him but not as much as most there are earning at the moment thus achieving the aim, that he has been told, to cut the wages bill.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
for a Guarenteed increase in wages.
What if you or me were offered twice as much money to work elsewhere.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Good luck to Liam if he goes. As others have said, football careers are short so if you were offered much more money you would go, same for a majority of people in their chosen careers. Sunderland may not be the nicest place to live but its only for a few years of your life, then you move on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The curse of being a Blunderland fan - knowing that, deep down, none of your players are overly enthralled about being there.[/

Perhaps you'd like to tell me the last Albion player who turned done other offers to stay here? Spanish Dave, possibly but I'm struggling to think of others who weren't out of the door as quickly as possible once other clubs expressed an interest and the player was allowed to speak to them?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The curse of being a Blunderland fan - knowing that, deep down, none of your players are overly enthralled about being there.[/

Perhaps you'd like to tell me who the last Albion player who turned done other offers to stay here? Spanish Dave, possibly but I'm struggling to think of others who weren't out of the door as quickly as possible once other clubs expressed an interest and the player was allowed to speak to them?

Calderon ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Perhaps you'd like to tell me the last Albion player who turned done other offers to stay here? Spanish Dave, possibly but I'm struggling to think of others who weren't out of the door as quickly as possible once other clubs expressed an interest and the player was allowed to speak to them?

Completely different argument.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good luck to Liam if he goes. As others have said, football careers are short so if you were offered much more money you would go, same for a majority of people in their chosen careers. Sunderland may not be the nicest place to live but its only for a few years of your life, then you move on.

As much as I'd prefer him to stay with us long term if anyone has earned the right to a shot at the premier league then it's Liam bridcutt, If/when he does move to the Premier league then I'd wish him well and hope he cuts it at that level ( unless he signed for palarse )

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sunderland itself may be horrible but the north east generally has some fantastic countryside and lovely villages and smaller towns. That might not be what Liam is yearning for but it always makes me chuckle to hear fans say players will turn down a move because the neighbourhood the ground is in is not pleasant. I don't think Suarez lives anywhere near Anfield and we all know that Palace's best striker chooses to make his home some distance south of Croydon.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why? Are you suggesting our players are keener to be here than Sunderland ones are to stay at Sunderland?

I believe he means the area. That people who come to us don't mind living in the Brighton area, and aren't hating every minute, counting the hours until they get an offer that will allow them out of this hellhole, as they are at Sunderland.

Not having been to Sunderland I have no idea if that's fair.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
To be honest I'm not overly bothered one way or the other....

My preference would of course be for him to stay, but on the flip side I think we have enough quality in our side to cope without him, his performances over the past couple of years entitle him the chance to play in the Premier League and if we get around 3 million for him then it's a good deal for both parties.

Still have a sneaking suspicion that Bloom being the gambler he is will feel there is no need to sell and in fact see's Liam as an integral part of the squad and therefore Bridcutt along with Barnes will both be here on February the 1st to see if we can in fact make the promised land.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My suspicion is Bridcutt will do an 'Elliott Bennett', and review his options at the end of the season.

Or he might bugger off next week. But if Sunderland aren't prepared to match the Albion's valuation, it all appears a bit academic.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm sure Gus was told he'd need to sell before he'd have real money to buy, so i guess any improved offer would need to wait for that to happen

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I still don't get why people think Bridcutt would be offski?

Why would he leave a Premier League club in waiting?

Sunderland will double if not treble his wages - he signs a four year deal and is financially sorted for the rest of his life - what would you do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here