Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion reject Sunderland's final offer for Bridcutt

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Maybe they just don't have the money, if the reports are correct, they have to sell to buy, and if they don't have offers on the players they want to sell, perhaps there isn't the money available.
They don't appear to have anyone worth buying.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty poor show from Poyet. He knows how important these players are to us, the offers are insulting and their effect unsettling.

I hope he bombs badly at Sunderland. Prick.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Pretty poor show from Poyet. He knows how important these players are to us, the offers are insulting and their effect unsettling.

My sentiments entirely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know most still want Gus to be the panto villain, but this business will be between De Fanti & Burke with the chairmen having the final say.
There are thousands and thousands of professional footballers it seems quite a big coincidence that De Fanti has picked two of ours as Sunderland's saviors don't you think?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are thousands and thousands of professional footballers it seems quite a big coincidence that De Fanti has picked two of ours as Sunderland's saviors don't you think?

Obviously Gus wants his old players. Micky Adams did the same when he came here, but it's De Fanti who does the negotiations & valuations. In the same way Oscar will have a wish list, but David Burke doing the buying. In fact some fans questioned whether some of our signings were actually Oscar's choices.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He certainly doesn't appear to have the game to suit Oscar's tactics from what I've seen of him this season.

Agree. Seen a lot of comments saying he looks disinterested etc, and I don't really see that. Poyet played him perfectly - basically restricted him to a small part of the pitch, with limited responsibilities. And he executed it pretty much perfectly every game for about 2 years.

Seems now under Garcia he's having to do a lot more running, and a lot more passing, which isn't as much his strength. He keeps getting caught wrong side when the opponents break and obviously his shooting and final third play isn't great just because he's basically had no experience in it.

Think it illustrates quite well the difference in approach between the two managers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Obviously Gus wants his old players. Micky Adams did the same when he came here, but it's De Fanti who does the negotiations & valuations. In the same way Oscar will have a wish list, but David Burke doing the buying. In fact some fans questioned whether some of our signings were actually Oscar's choices.
In which case any stick that comes his way from us Brighton fans is warranted in my opinion. I wish him all the worst with his endeavours.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I think your wish is coming true :lol: Happy new year El to you and the family from Me and the better half, hope its a great year for you mate :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think your wish is coming true :lol: Happy new year El to you and the family from Me and the better half, hope its a great year for you mate :thumbsup:
Looking forward to Match of the Day so I can shout at the screen :lolol:

Happy New Year mate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Part of the rich tapestry of the game. It'd be pretty boring without heroes and villains.

Every ex manager is a villain, in that case. You see it all the time. Holloway likes Phillips & Dobbie, Micky liked Chippy& Cullip, etc

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Every ex manager is a villain, in that case. You see it all the time. Holloway likes Phillips & Dobbie, Micky liked Chippy& Cullip, etc
Yep and where I'm sat Gus is currently public enemy number 1. Looking forward to shouting at him next year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We all do it. I'm certain I remember you being less than accepting of Dean Wilkins through out his tenure.

I was less accepting but didn't want him to fail, in fact I was pleased for him that he got a good job at Saints. I don't wish ill on anybody, not even the dreadful referees that we've had.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thought Bridders had a mare today...caught so many times on the ball and skinned...hope he doesn't go and gets his mojo back if Sunderland have made their final bid for the player who Gus said 'Could play for Real Madrid and is worth millions'...

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
it may genuinely be their offer as the sunderland director of football may not be convinced and just putting in low offers and not that bothered so it looks like he's listening to gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here