[Albion] Albion players on international duty - September 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What are they doing to players at that Club. To be fair whenever I have watched Caicedo for Ecuador he has never pulled up any trees.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ed Turns is on the bench for the Welsh U-21s against Liechtenstein. Currently 0-0 in the first half.

Yasin Ayari starts for the Swedish U-21s (he wears no. 10). Match is about to get underway:-

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Sort of related - international football at least - I'm watching Bosnia v Liechtenstein 'coz I'm weird and like to follow the tiny countries' teams. Liechtenstein have just scored their first goal in about a year, and I swear to God it's a contender for the Puskas award this year. An absolute worldy - check it out on UEFA.TV if you want to see a genuine screamer.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Attention now turns to the weekend internationals and we should see some of our first team stars in action.

On Saturday keep an eye out for the following:-

Lewis Dunk, hopefully, will earn his second full England cap as the Three Lions take on Ukraine in Poland in a EURO 2024 qualifier.

Pascal Gross could finally get the full German cap he has deserved for many a year when Die Mannschaft host Kaoru Mitoma's Japan in a friendly in Wolfsburg.

Simon Adingra is in the Ivory Coast squad and will be hoping to earn his second cap in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at home to Lesotho.

Jack Hinshelwood may have to settle for a place on the bench as the England U-19 squad play their second (and final) friendly fixture of the break against Switzerland at the Oliva Nova Football Centre in Spain.

Mark O'Mahony and the ROI U-19s play the second of their two friendly fixtures out in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Freddie Simmonds and the England U-17s play Morocco at the Pinatar Arena in Spain (and have one final fixture on Tuesday against the hosts).

On Sunday there is limited Albion involvement:-

Bart Verbruggen may (or may not) get a start for the Netherlands as they travel to the Aviva Stadium in Dublin to face the ROI in a EURO 2024 qualifier.

Kacper Kozlowski will be hoping to see some action as Poland face Albania in Tirana in another EURO 2024 qualifier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports