Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Although Burnley have made several bids for Hendrick, there don't appear to be any bids for Hughes, surely Derby's best player. And I thought there may have been some interest in Bryson too.

As for Massive, Forestieri figured quite prominently on the list of best players in the Championship, I'm staggered that there's been no interest in him

Agree about Hughes, but Forestieri, while great at Championship level, I have serious doubts about whether he'll make it in the PL.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although Burnley have made several bids for Hendrick, there don't appear to be any bids for Hughes, surely Derby's best player. And I thought there may have been some interest in Bryson too.

As for Massive, Forestieri figured quite prominently on the list of best players in the Championship, I'm staggered that there's been no interest in him

Hughes will probably move at the end of the window after he has unpicked us single handed again

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The trouble is that if we sell Knockaert then this shows a massive lack of ambition to reach the PL, meaning Dunk, Stephens, Kayal and maybe Hemed will head for the exit as well.

I suppose those 5 will bring in £40 million or so for Tony though.

Do you really think TB sees it that way? :moo:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They would just laugh at us though, I imagine we are the lowest payers of the top clubs in this division.

Or another way of looking at it would be we outspend c 2/3rds of the clubs in the league on player's wages.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Or another way of looking at it would be we outspend c 2/3rds of the clubs in the league on player's wages.

Indeed. Newcastle wouldn't think twice at paying 30-40k p/w on someone like Knockaert. That to me is a massive worry. Money talks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

That wouldn't help us get players from the other 1/3rd though would it? My point was that there would be no point in making bids on their players because of the wage difference, I was not suggesting we should be paying more. It was a poor attempt at humour, sorry :smile:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They would just laugh at us though, I imagine we are the lowest payers of the top clubs in this division.

Championship Wages 2015 totals.PNG

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Fulham are considering Norwich latest bid according to Sky Sports News. I'm worried teams like us will never make the Premiership with sides coming down and buying our best players.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Some on there think that AK is only worth 10m?:wozza: Have you seen what players have gone for in this window?

Compared to them, AK's value is approaching the 20m mark.

Keep at all costs, as others have said, at this level he is irreplaceable.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Think bloom will promise the players if we don't go up this year then they can leave . Could also find by January if we are not in the mix we could sell then .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here