Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I fancy Newcastle's chances of Premier League better than ours I am afraid. Lets hope the player doesn't share my views.

I suspect 99% of Albion fans share your views, it depends on what is on offer for AK though. Does he want to uproot himself again so quickly? Does he want to play for a basket case of a club such as the Toon? etc.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
From the transfer activity I've seen this summer (and probably what I knew anyway), players are driven more by money than ambition.

Kante to Chelsea.

Pelle to some Chinese no hoper team.

Pogba to Man Utd (probably).

Mahrez rumours.

I can't see any point in any of these players moving for football reasons - it can only be for money. Only Vardy has said no.

Way of the world - players just don't have the same loyalty as fans and money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
From the transfer activity I've seen this summer (and probably what I knew anyway), players are driven more by money than ambition.

Kante to Chelsea.

Pelle to some Chinese no hoper team.

Pogba to Man Utd (probably).

Mahrez rumours.

I can't see any point in any of these players moving for football reasons - it can only be for money. Only Vardy has said no.

Way of the world - players just don't have the same loyalty as fans and money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vardy said no and his salary has gone up 100k in 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
This can't be true. It hasn't been mentioned on NSC before and I thought that this is where Naylor gets ALL his stories?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Benitez and co are just trying to rock our ship, as at this stage they see us as a promotion rival. They know what Chris Hughton is all about. I hope Bloom puts in an offer for one of their key players, to see how they like it. Horse punching wasters!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This can't be true. It hasn't been mentioned on NSC before and I thought that this is where Naylor gets ALL his stories?

Good spot. I believe this is the first time this has ever happened, which has allowed Andy to use the word 'Exclusive' this morning. He is, I imagine, thrilled.

(The move was actually reported in a Bournemouth paper a few days ago: "In the Championship, with so many teams sitting, necks straining underneath the Premier League carrot, Anthony Knockaert could be about to sign for Newcastle, from Brighton, for around £8m.")

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
After such a fantastic season this was expected and it's great to have such assets at the club...Funny how nobody seems interested in raiding Derby or sheff Wednesday all do they not have assets like us?obviously don't see sheff w having many big assets but I'm sure Derby have a couple at least.

Blooms a very wealthy man and he wants premiership football and we won't sell to rival clubs unless it's hideous money :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eh?

Burnley have put in three bids for Jeff Hendrick from Derby. Last one was £6 million.

Yeah I noticed Weds and Derby have had bids for one player between them, rather than the three crucial players we have received bids for. Hendricks is also quite replaceable from the Derby squad. We don't have replacements for any of the players we have had bids on.

Maybe they don't have any other good players.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah i noticed Weds and Derby have had bids for one player between them, rather than the three crucial players we have received bids for.

Maybe they don't have any other good players.
If solly March hadn't been injured he'd be on this list as well and maybe kayal might still....Goner be a long month !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moving on from all the usual stuff about not selling your best players etc.

It's hard not to be impressed by the business acumen - £7+ million profit for 6 months work.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He's going nowhere. Look at his FACE.

tomer-hemed-anthony-knockhaert-brighton_3415229.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
After such a fantastic season this was expected and it's great to have such assets at the club...Funny how nobody seems interested in raiding Derby or sheff Wednesday all do they not have assets like us?obviously don't see sheff w having many big assets but I'm sure Derby have a couple at least.

Although Burnley have made several bids for Hendrick, there don't appear to be any bids for Hughes, surely Derby's best player. And I thought there may have been some interest in Bryson too.

As for Massive, Forestieri figured quite prominently on the list of best players in the Championship, I'm staggered that there's been no interest in him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here